so what happens when i finish?

Jenny_b

Gold Member
hi, was wondering for those of you who have done LT before, what happens when you finish? do u follow a healthy eating plan, get instructions on what to eat, count calories or is it down to you?

i love to be organised, so with only 38 days left on TFR id like to get some kind of meal plan together so i know where im at.

any ideas?

x x

I followed the re-feed sheet over a two-week period, then slowly added foods in. After a week or so I began calorie-counting using an online log to keep track (& re-train myself) of portion sizes & stuff. It worked- I maintained for just over 3mths before coming back on LT?

I'm starting to think of joining slimmers world or weight watchers once I get off will have to research it though xx

I tried slimming clubs like them before but found I was 'cheating' by loading up on all the 'free' foods in their programmes. I've looked at Rosemary Conley which seems more about portion control (my downfall!) and low-fat, which to me seems more achievable long-term? There are no classes near me but I can get the magazine for recipe ideas etc.

I was just thinking of maybe having something like special k or porridge for brekki, then ???(Havn't though of ideas) for lunch, then for tea a weight watchers meal..
Am like 2months off my goal so I won't worry just yet, I'll be back to copy your ideas when I reach my goal :p

I was just thinking of maybe having something like special k or porridge for brekki, then ???
Porridge, or cereals like weetabix/shredded wheat with fruit are the best for filling you up- watch out for the sugar in cereals like special K etc.- the cals can be quite alarming and the sugar rush gives you a 'false' feeling of satisfaction that could leave you hungry mid-morning? Wholemeal toast with low-salt/sugar baked beans or scrambled egg is another good breakfast if you've the time? I also sometimes resort to low-fat breakfast bars if I'm in a rush- especially on school mornings!
(Havn't though of ideas) for lunch, then for tea a weight watchers meal..
If you possibly can- avoid ready meals like the plague? You can put together a much healthier meal for less cals/fat than are in these packs? They're okay in an emergency, but try to add some fresh veg to them to boost their nutritional value. Seriously- they're cheap & handy, but not great for you all the time?
I tend to cook up a big batch of chili/bolognese sauce, or soup, then freeze them in portion sizes to add to meat/fish/veg (chili veg is a particular favourite!) or have the soup for a snack.

I love chilli Irish, usually make a chilli with turkey mince, how do you make your sauce????????? mmm love it :)

I've got 8 weeks til refeed, (Xmas) and then will be going to WW or SW after Xmas to see how that goes. I hope to be about 3st from my personal goal by then. If WW or SW does not work too well then I will come back to LT for the final push :D

I've got 8 weeks til refeed, (Xmas) and then will be going to WW or SW after Xmas to see how that goes. I hope to be about 3st from my personal goal by then. If WW or SW does not work too well then I will come back to LT for the final push :D

snap! refeeding 4th dec - so a bit sooner than you but then off to WW to lose probably 2 stone. xx

snap! refeeding 4th dec - so a bit sooner than you but then off to WW to lose probably 2 stone. xx
:D I want to go to WW or SW to give my skin a chance to "catch up" a bit as I feel that I shall be one of them with lots of saggy skin - its already on my boobs (which have shrunk by 6 inches !!! ) and a bit under my arms.

I'm quite looking forward to it but a little scared at the same time.

i think they're pretty similar, but it depends what your problem with food is.

SW teaches you what to eat and WW teaches you about portions.

I do tend to make healthy choices (not ALL the time obviously or i'd have never got to 22st!) but portions are my problem.
xxx

Yes portion control is my main problem so its probably going to be WW :D

Personally Jenny i wouldnt bother with any sort of slimming club or any sort of diet once we are off LT for good.

Afterall we cant live our whole entire lives on some sort of diet.
The best way to go is to eat healthy and exercise.

It will take a while but you will gradually start to know how much of something to have etc and it is all about portion control, being sensible and moderation :)

Nobody wants to be dieting on and off for the rest of their lives do they? Especially after completing LT :)

Personally Jenny i wouldnt bother with any sort of slimming club or any sort of diet once we are off LT for good.

Afterall we cant live our whole entire lives on some sort of diet.
The best way to go is to eat healthy and exercise.

It will take a while but you will gradually start to know how much of something to have etc and it is all about portion control, being sensible and moderation :)

Nobody wants to be dieting on and off for the rest of their lives do they? Especially after completing LT :)

I couldn't agree with more.

Once I'm done with LT I don't want to be on another diet ever again.

Healthy eating and exercise are the key to ending the dieting cycle.

Of course though - none of us can afford to take our foot off the pedal but that doesnt mean we arent allowed something 'naughty' now and again. Its just a matter of keeping a nice balance :)

Easier said than done though! :giggle:

Of course though - none of us can afford to take our foot off the pedal but that doesnt mean we arent allowed something 'naughty' now and again. Its just a matter of keeping a nice balance :)

Easier said than done though! :giggle:

Obviously you can't deprieve yourself of a bit of chocolate or ice cream for the rest of your life :) perish the thought! but I won't be tucking into chocolate every day like I was before.

I think I've had a big mind shift over the past three months in my thoughts about food. I'll be much better equipped to deal with the emotional side of why I ate so much to begin with.

I'm starting refeeding on Saturday and, while very nervous before I made the decision, once I made the call to the pharmacist to let her know, I'm really looking forward to eating normally :D

Just got to eat the right food and keep up the exercise.

Back