So what's your current incentive and do we always need one?

I am looking at holidays with one of my friends ATM and would like to look nice in a bikini for September, but mainly just to look and feel better about myself :)

Just thinking about these incentives gives me extra motivation!

My main incentive is for August when I am heading back to the UK to see family and friends who I haven't seen in 4+ years. I don't want them to think I have turned into a bloater since I moved to NZ (although I have, but they don't need to know that).

I am also wanting to wear nice clothes that I feel confident in instead of my usual stuff that I have to wear because I refuse to buy new clothes at the size I am!

Plus I want to feel attractive and good about myself!

missy1978 said:
I haven't had a holiday in three years so really hoping for one this year! It won't be anywhere hot or exotic but anywhere away from home where I don't have to do the washing up is a holiday in my books ;) x

Ditto, I'm determined to get abroad this summer, and really want to be a good couple of stone lighter for it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree the incentives definitely are very motivating on the way down, I personally found little goals and achievements kept me going the struggle (for me) started when I hit target sibce theres nothing to reach for anymore but im trying to think up some little rewards when I've spent x amount of time in my target range - any suggestions would be welcome

x good luck everyone x

My incentive this time is to be able to run around and play with my 5 year old and not be a chubby embarrassment to her!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lehairycrab said:
I agree the incentives definitely are very motivating on the way down, I personally found little goals and achievements kept me going the struggle (for me) started when I hit target sibce theres nothing to reach for anymore but im trying to think up some little rewards when I've spent x amount of time in my target range - any suggestions would be welcome

x good luck everyone x

Well done on reaching target, they do say it is harder to maintain.
How about a facial or manicure? It would be a nice treat and you certainly deserve it.

I find a goal definitely helps me to stay focussed, my goal to help me try and stay at target is my wedding in October, I want to feel comfortable and be able to wear a size 10 dress!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done on reaching target, they do say it is harder to maintain.
How about a facial or manicure? It would be a nice treat and you certainly deserve it.

Thanks for that x its along the lines of what ive been thinking of - I love massages and I think ill treat myself when ive stayed at target for 4 weeks (and weighed in at group each week) x

For the best time ever I started a "diet" without a goal in mind. The first time I seriously lost weight was through exercise (going out clubbing 4 nights a week so hardly serious training or effort) and was the lightest I'd been since I was about 16! I also lost 2.5 stone a few years ago when I was one of my best friends bridesmaids and I was determined not to be a fat in my dress! I also saw a fairly horrific photo of myself and could actually see how large I'd gotten and was refusing to go up two dress sizes from my usual 14/16s. 1.5 stone had gradually slipped on since then and I just had enough and in October 2012 after flicking through my friends SW books I asked if I could go along to group with her and I have never looked back.

My motivation now is the buzz I get when I try on new clothes and they actually fit! I've also been through my wardrobe today and have chucked out loads of tops and things which are too big - including a tankini I bought when I was at my largest as the bottoms actually fell off me when I tried them! Hooray for slimming world!

For the best time ever I started a "diet" without a goal in mind. The first time I seriously lost weight was through exercise (going out clubbing 4 nights a week so hardly serious training or effort) and was the lightest I'd been since I was about 16! I also lost 2.5 stone a few years ago when I was one of my best friends bridesmaids and I was determined not to be a fat in my dress! I also saw a fairly horrific photo of myself and could actually see how large I'd gotten and was refusing to go up two dress sizes from my usual 14/16s. 1.5 stone had gradually slipped on since then and I just had enough and in October 2012 after flicking through my friends SW books I asked if I could go along to group with her and I have never looked back.

My motivation now is the buzz I get when I try on new clothes and they actually fit! I've also been through my wardrobe today and have chucked out loads of tops and things which are too big - including a tankini I bought when I was at my largest as the bottoms actually fell off me when I tried them! Hooray for slimming world!

I agree. I have kept my pair of pre sw trousers. Tried them on the other week and was shocked. They hung off me.

I agree. I have kept my pair of pre sw trousers. Tried them on the other week and was shocked. They hung off me.

Ooh I think I might do that with my jeans. Which for some reason I haven't thrown away yet they are just lurking in the bottom of my wash basket x

Ive kept 1 pair of black trousers and a couple of dresses just to make sure when I look at them I continue to think " im not going back there"

That is amazing :)

I have a holiday booked every summer to the same place, for the last 10 years I've been saying "this time I'll be slim" it's never happened! Last year I managed to lose 3stone for the holiday and felt great (4lbs back on between August and December) and now the holiday count down is back on :)

Plus being newly single gives me a reason to want to go shopping, night clubbing etc... with my friends, not asking them to leave me outside topshop while I look at jewellery because you're never too big for a handbag :)

Right I have read everyone's!'

I too have holidays booked!
And ashamed to say since sept I have gained over 2 stone' :-(

Here are my incentives

1 - a school trip to Paris in march (I'm hoping for 1.5 stone off by then!! The kids always take awful picks of staff when they r not looking)

2 - lovely holiday with hubby In dec for Christmas and New Years!! - hoping for 3 stone by then!! But will settle for 2.5 stone

Maintain after that as I turn 30 3 weeks after we get bk...then baby making time and I was to be a fit, slim, yummy mummy!! Lol.

I'm going on holiday to Kefalonia in August for our 2nd wedding anniversary- we got engaged and had our honeymoon there so it holds special meaning to us. I was a skinny Minnie when we got engaged in 2009, weighing 10st 12lb :eek: and I weighed 11st 5lb on our honeymoon (2011) and I have lots of lovely summer dresses that I want to wear again but can't get into, so that's my incentive :)

Back