So what's your current incentive and do we always need one?

My incentive was to hit target this year but more so now ive booked my holiday to Egypt in August :) starting metafit on tuesday too!! xx

whats metafit?
x

its a class that is approx 20 mins long, its high intensity, short interval training which apparently continues to burn calories for upto 24 hours, it boosts your metabolic rate and burns fat meant to give fast results.....ive not been yet tho to tell you exactly what you do ive been lookin on youtube tho so i have small idea as to what kind of hell im letting myself in for :-/ xx

Great thread and great incentives everyone :D

I have quite a few incentives, my first mini one is my cousins wedding in August, I am aiming to be halfway to goal by then and I have a gorgeous size 14 dress (currently 18-20) that I want to wear for it so that is the incentive at the forefront of my mind right now. Once I have passed that one and still have about 50% of the way to go then my next incentive is to be my brothers wedding in April 2014 which will also be tied in with a very nice beach holiday as he is getting married in Mexico and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go on holiday and be comfortable & carefree about how I look as the last 10 yrs I have not really enjoyed my hoidays a great deal due to wearing the costume Im wearing cause its the only one in my size etc so that is a double incentive. I guess included in that incentive is the one to be photographed in general & on holiday as a family and with the kids instead of being the one behind the camera!

This is such an interesting thread! I definitely think I'm better when I have something to aim towards.

We first went to Cuba in 2011 and although I loved it, I felt incredibly uncomfortable round the pool and on the beach. When I started SW in May last year, my aim was to lose 2 stone by Cuba, and I did it! I felt a million times better and even let OH take photos of me in a bikini which I NEVER would have done the year before!

I had aimed to by in the 9s by Christmas but got stuck at 10.3 because of endless parties etc!

Now it's 2013 and I've got lots of nice things to look forward to and keep me on track. Firstly, I'm taking OH on a surprise trip to Rome for his birthday at the end of Janaury. I would love to be in the 9s for that so 4lbs to go but only 2 more WIs! We will have to see about that one!

Then in March I'm bridesmaid for my best friend so I want to shift as much as possible before my dress fitting on 13 February! I want to be able to look back at the wedding photos and feel happy with my size.

Then in June we're hoping to go to LA and Vegas to visit friends so I definitely want to be at my mid-9st target by then. Currently it's set at 9.10 but I'm not sure if I might want to go a bit lower once I get there. I still can't imagine seeing a single figure at the front of the scales yet!!!

Good luck to everyone - I'm sure we can all achieve our goals :D xx

Going to portugal on holiday in june, first holiday abroad in 5 yrs!! And i am at my heaviest of almost 15st!! I do not want to b mistaken for a beached whale on the beach lol!! So i have to do this!! I will b mortified if i dont x

i am going to Florida for the first time in May with my fiance, his mum & dad, his sister & her husband, and our grogeous niece - so i am hoping to lose 4st by then (dunno if i am pushing my luck)...
i am then hoping to get married in May 2014 and then start a family... i definitely do not want to be a fat bride and i don't want to be fat when i get pregnant...
so i think i have some nice and important motivations to work with :)

i am going to Florida for the first time in May with my fiance, his mum & dad, his sister & her husband, and our grogeous niece - so i am hoping to lose 4st by then (dunno if i am pushing my luck)...
i am then hoping to get married in May 2014 and then start a family... i definitely do not want to be a fat bride and i don't want to be fat when i get pregnant...
so i think i have some nice and important motivations to work with :)

This was my incentive last yr i wanted to loose 4 st for my florida hol! I managed 2 and a half so was very happy but want the rest off for this years trip!

You will love it, esp with your niece! You will probs want to go back every year. We had holiday blues so bad we got back and booked straight up for next year!

The food is also great after 9 months of dieting i couldnt get enough and its so cheap, i didnt gain any weight while there because i was walking so much.

Good luck with slimming world! And enjoy it! X

My trigger was to lose weight for a friend's wedding in May 2012. I did that, then found that I needed to set myself little targets to keep me motivated - so, I ran a half marathon, then wanted to get to the lightest weight I ever remember being by my 30th birthday in December 2012, which I did. Now my incentives are:

1. Be fit enough to run a marathon this May.

2. Be slim, and most importantly, confident enough to wear a bikini for the first time since I was 18. I know people have different views on wearing bikinis whatever your shape and size, and I would love to be someone who was confident in swimwear regardless. I have just never felt confident enough to wear a bikini at the sizes I have been over recent years (anything between size 16 - 20). I am now a size 10 - 12. Putting one one is going to be a big deal for me, and the thought terrifies me as well as excites me - can't wait to go shopping for them!

3. Get to my initial target weight, which is 11lbs away.

Reading this thread is really motivating!

Cai said:
Right I have read everyone's!'

I too have holidays booked!
And ashamed to say since sept I have gained over 2 stone' :-(

Here are my incentives

1 - a school trip to Paris in march (I'm hoping for 1.5 stone off by then!! The kids always take awful picks of staff when they r not looking)

2 - lovely holiday with hubby In dec for Christmas and New Years!! - hoping for 3 stone by then!! But will settle for 2.5 stone

Maintain after that as I turn 30 3 weeks after we get bk...then baby making time and I was to be a fit, slim, yummy mummy!! Lol.

Wow a great year ahead! Good luck x

My trigger was to lose weight for a friend's wedding in May 2012. I did that, then found that I needed to set myself little targets to keep me motivated - so, I ran a half marathon, then wanted to get to the lightest weight I ever remember being by my 30th birthday in December 2012, which I did. Now my incentives are:

1. Be fit enough to run a marathon this May.

2. Be slim, and most importantly, confident enough to wear a bikini for the first time since I was 18. I know people have different views on wearing bikinis whatever your shape and size, and I would love to be someone who was confident in swimwear regardless. I have just never felt confident enough to wear a bikini at the sizes I have been over recent years (anything between size 16 - 20). I am now a size 10 - 12. Putting one one is going to be a big deal for me, and the thought terrifies me as well as excites me - can't wait to go shopping for them!

3. Get to my initial target weight, which is 11lbs away.

Reading this thread is really motivating!

you have done so amazing already, and well done on the bikini goal, I know what a MASSIVE deal it is, and it's something I want to do in Mexico next year as I think the last time I wore a bikini on holiday was 1999 and I was a size 14 just about going on 16 (probably was by the time I got back lol) and so remember feeling self concious then even so I don't actually remember EVER going on holiday as an Adult and wearing swimwear and feeling comfy!!

you have done so amazing already, and well done on the bikini goal, I know what a MASSIVE deal it is, and it's something I want to do in Mexico next year as I think the last time I wore a bikini on holiday was 1999 and I was a size 14 just about going on 16 (probably was by the time I got back lol) and so remember feeling self concious then even so I don't actually remember EVER going on holiday as an Adult and wearing swimwear and feeling comfy!!

Wow, Mexico will be amazing! Fingers crossed we both get to our bikini goals!

I joined SW with my mother in law and we have decided to treat ourselves after every half stone lost. 7lbs is a massage, 14lbs is a new haircut and 21lbs is a shopping trip!

I also have a festival in June that I wanted to lose the bulk of my weight for. Now my best friends are having a huge 10th wedding anniversary party in April and that's giving me extra incentive! I'm also off to Capri for 10 days in August (if you hadn't guessed from the name)!!!

Yep! I definitely need something to work towards... I'm going to see rocky horror at the end of April & although we're not dressing up this time I still want to look good in (hopefully a new pair) skinny jeans & my rocky horror top :D

Overall goal is Spain June 2014 which we are hoping to book when new brochures come out April/may time... We went last year & I felt really self conscious the whole time & a holiday to us takes a lot to save for I don't want to go next time feeling the same..

Anyway sorry for the ramblings x

So jelous and I'd so be all dressed up .. Great incentive x

Back