So what's your motivation?

Jessie 888

one life only
When I get a craving, I try all the usual distractions like painting my nails, brushing my teeth or coming on this forum but the best thing for keeping me on track is remembering why I'm doing this.
I think the more reasons you have the better. My main reason is health, control, confidence and a scary doctor, but I have a cork board full of other reasons. I've stuck up clippings of beautiful clothes and shoes, people cycling, swimming, playing tennis - even sliding down the Demon Drop cos they're all the things that I want to do but can't through sheer embarrassment. I don't put up 'fatty pics' of myself cos that just makes me feel awful.
Motivation is such a personal thing really. Lots of people on this forum want to lose weight for a wedding or operation: both 'worthy reasons'. I dieted once in my early 20s just to show an ex-boyfriend what he was missing! Sad and shameful, but true! ;)
So, what's your motivation?

I have a wedding to go to next year with lots of posh rich and slim people and am fed up of being everyones fat friend, I want to be slim and dress up to the nines and know my husband will be proud of me on his arm (although he says he has always been proud). Also I should be my target weight by my wedding anniversary in september and we are planning on going out for a meal with friends then go clubbing lol. Also just for health and my daughters are 12 and 13 and want to do more things with them and hubby like bike riding etc and i want to be able to look like my arse fits on the seat rather than swallowing it up :p

I want to be a fabulous, if older, yummy mummy throughout my 50s (birthday in December) and get back to who I was before I had my son who is now seven. And I'm fed up of always feeling like I can never do myself justice when I go out anywhere nice because I can never wear the clothes I really want to and I'm fed up with feeling like the fattest - or one of the fattest - people in the room whenever I go anywhere. And I want to get my mum and sister off my case, finally!!!

Mine is my 2 yr old son as I want to be able to run about and play with him as last summer I just sat watching. Also I'm 30 in July and want to start my thirties a lot healthier than I have been. Last of all I'm fed up of being the fat friend!x

Great posts Claire, Cate and Lis. I felt moved, motivated and laughed out loud at those replies!

Kat, I'm going to add self-hatred and avoidance to my board.
What amazing kids you have! :D

Well, my motivation is :-
-to just like what I see in the mirror.
-to enjoy being out and about without feeling like I am a freak.
-to be able to enjoy my children.
-to enjoy a better sex life.
-to have a healthy life.
-to be able to wear what I like, not just what fits me.
-to be able to enjoy the rest of my adulthood as a fitter person.

I hate looking in the mirror now and seeing my reflection. The fact most of my clothes look terrible on me now.

My motivation is my daughter. She starts primary school in a years time and dont want her bullied because of me. Also i want to see her grow up healthy and not suffering with her weight as i did. Id also like to feel my age. Aches and pains, fatigue and other things that i shouldnt have yet. 25 rather than 45.

Mine is wanting to look in the mirror and for once in my life feel good at what is looking back at me, I want to turn heads when I walk in somewhere and for the right reasons. I hate having to get ready on a night out and trying everything on and in the end thinking that will do but not feeling comfortable in anything I have chosen ! I want more energy to enjoy activities go swimming and not feel like everyone is staring at me as I walk to the pool, and want to wear what everyone else wears in summer and not sweating and struggling in the sun.

I have a girls weekend away at Whitley Bay in 8 weeks and would love to feel more confident when I go, so that is one of my Targets I am aiming for which is keeping me positive

Good luck on your journeys everyone x

Mines simple, I'm tired of buying XXL clothes; I want to buy Large at most! I want to start at the front of the rail when looking for clothes and not automatically going to the back of the rail and working forward!

I am so touched and inspired by all these honest and determined posts. I am willing on every one of you to meet your goals! When I feel myself flagging, I am going to read this thread again and again. x

Great idea this Jessie! Love reading the posts

I just want to feel good, healthy.
Don't want to be the fat one anymore, I hate feeling like that's the first thing people see of me and associate me with rather than who I am
Want to wear what I want from all those stores I've avoided forever
I want to feel fancied :)

Mentally, this is the best thing I have ever done and I feel amazing - I know you all understand!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Purely and simply just want to feel sexy and attractive. Want to be adored... Is that too selfish??

I am doing this for me and my fiance. We are trying for a child and have been unsucsessful for 4 years. I have PCOS and the doctor wont help until my weight is down dramatically.
We want children so much and i have o do this before its to late.
I dont want the fact that i am so much overweight ruin our chances of a family.
I also want to look S@*T hot in a bikini!! haha

Hi Butterbean. I was going to wish you all the luck in the world but you won't need it. You are doing everything you can to make it happen and what a great start with 12lbs! For what it's worth, a friend of mine was in a very similar situation to you and she lost 5 stone and got pregnant within 8 months! :D

aww thank you so much jessie! im grinning now, it is possible and if i have a baby i will call it "lipotrim" lol not really

Great thread! :)

Well for me I guess mine are

- to get healthy. I have severe back problems and other stuff going on, my weight won't ever help any of this in the longterm.

- I am due a major op on my back, and one on my bowels and bits LOL, I want to drop weight to help my op risks & aid my recovery.

- I have 3 beautiful children. I want to be able to take them swimming, go on holiday, not be embarassed in the playground, look like other Mums, go on walks cause I want to and not cause I HAVE to!!

- Be able to survive a summer in nice clothes and not have to cover up. I am SUPER MISERABLE in the Summer, I bite your head off! I hate the heat as I get so hot (so much more so when I was 6 stone heavier of course) and having no nice clothes to wear makes me upset as I need to cover up!

-oh and like above, to feel sexy and lovely - and to be adored! I get the last bit but never think I am to standards.. that needs to change in my mind as it has not changed in my body despite my already big weightloss! I struggle with that a bit!

- to make my parents proud. I was fat from the age of about 13 when my thyroid went wonky.. I also then chose wrong foods as it got me down and I comfrt ate - and here I am now... fat for 20 yrs!

- to be the same as my bloody thin sister!! LOL! She can eat everything and never gains an ounce despite having 2 kids! grrr!!

Thats it for now, I could type all night!!! :)

Donna xx

Back