Some inspiration from you skinny minis!!!

sorry - should have added: on the first day back people have their minds on other things (INSET can be great if its useful but god, its boring on occasions!) and a lot of teachers are v. arsy that they have had to go back to work, so its not necessarily the best day to catch people! (Thats my opinion anyway from 8 years as a teacher!) Some of us are v. excited to be back, but there are always a lot who dont seem to be.

Thanks Spod!
I had a good day today and I am starting to get to know some of the other TAs and they are really nice.

Looking forward to tomorrow now!

Also, some people were genuinely taking an interest in my diet today :D x

Some of you have lost such amazing amounts of weight i feel i shouldnt be adding my bit. However, i was 40 a couple of weeks ago and for years i have been the picture taker and so it appears i have never been out with my family and friends! This time there is loads of pictures of me with my friends at my party and whilst i've till 20lbs to go i am feeling so much better. I had a pic taken with my mum and dad and (strangely) it was my arms that i didn't recognise as they sat so much closer into my body and not gorilla style over my too big boobs!
Like most i've a couple of friends who haven't said anything about it but other than that the lovely compliments and my dads pride is enough to set me back on track to lose that last bit and finally feel comfy sunbathing on holiday in October.
Fantastic reading, i'm quite inspired again.

I think that if any of the kids say anything about why you are carrying extra pounds, i would say it comes from eating to many cheeky kids that ask rude questions!
well done on your 1 1/2 stone and keep it up:)

Soontobelottlegem- Take everything that happens at work with a pinch of salt there will be good days and bad. But mainly good becasue if all else fails some of the children will put a smile on your face.

I'm a felllow teacher, and sometimes teachers and TA's will act just as badly as the children
or sometimes the children are even better than the teachers:eek:

I teacher in a primary school and there are def some children that are more mature than some of the teachers even me sometimes:eek:

I hope you have a great day 2morrow

Very sensible thinking......to tackle the new job now! Well done you! Must admit I have been overweight, and dieting, all my adult life and this time I am going to get to 9 stone something, just to see what it feels like, but I do worry about what issues I have buried deep inside me that have kept me overweight all my life. Things like relationships, feeling invisible, keeping in the background, hiding my true feelings. I am preparing to face them, one at a time, but know it is going to be hard.

Soontobelittlegem - thats fab! Glad its going much better and you have met some really nice people. You sound much chirpier!! I totally agree with going4goal - the some of the kids behave better than some of the staff!

Sooooooo. The burning question seems to be, people who have lost a lot of weight / losing weight- how have you delt with the issues that have surfaced or you have faced up to? What advice can you give us?!?!

I think its really sad from reading people's views that so many of us have issues with something or another BUT at least we are doing something about it!

xx

Back