Some newbie advice here please

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Lexie_dog, 25 May 2008.

1. Lexie_dog

Okay, I started Atkins on Friday. I have not cheated (honest) and I checked my ketosis strips today and nothing. niente. nada. zilch.

My carb load today has been something like this:

B: 100g mushrooms ( carbs 2.0), 2 Sausages ( carbs 3.0) and 2 slices back bacon.
    L: None, no hunger.
    S: Portion "chocolate bark"(made with linseed instead of coconut/nuts), (Carbs 1.8g)
    D: Roast Chicken leg (?) and 100g spinach (1.4g carb) and ceasar dressing (2.3g carbs)

So on a typical day I would say that I am consuming 10.5g of carbs all in (usually I have salad for lunch and not a sweet thing but you know how it is on TOTM). I have read the Atkins book and recommends sticking to 20g or less for induction. I have also had 3 tablespoons of cream in coffee today and drank 2L of water. But accoring to my strips I'm not in ketosis :sigh:

I currently have TOTM, could that be affecting the result? Or am I being too eager and should I just check tomorrow and get a grip :eek:

2. PinksW

PinksW Well-Known Member

I would give yourself time, Lexie. Atkins suggests eating 3 meals a day or splitting them into 5 or 6 smaller meals. You certainly shouldn't go more than 6 hours without eating.
    I'm sure you will be in the pink with the strips in no time. Keep drinking the water!
  3. Lexie_dog

I had breakfast late today about 10:30 and dinner at 5,

so off to wait then. I always have been tremendously impatient.

Thank you for your reply
  4. sun

sun Well-Known Member

my ketostix never go pink, even when I did LL at my group they never did!

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Mine never did either:confused:
  6. Lexie_dog

I did CD a while back and the ketostix always showed as mid pink, except when I had TOTM. I'm just hoping that they are the same this time around.

I have a belter of a sore head starting, so am hoping that thats me finally on my way in.