1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Some newbie advice here please

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Lexie_dog, 25 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Okay, I started Atkins on Friday. I have not cheated (honest) and I checked my ketosis strips today and nothing. niente. nada. zilch.

My carb load today has been something like this:

B: 100g mushrooms ( carbs 2.0), 2 Sausages ( carbs 3.0) and 2 slices back bacon.
    L: None, no hunger.
    S: Portion "chocolate bark"(made with linseed instead of coconut/nuts), (Carbs 1.8g)
    D: Roast Chicken leg (?) and 100g spinach (1.4g carb) and ceasar dressing (2.3g carbs)

So on a typical day I would say that I am consuming 10.5g of carbs all in (usually I have salad for lunch and not a sweet thing but you know how it is on TOTM). I have read the Atkins book and recommends sticking to 20g or less for induction. I have also had 3 tablespoons of cream in coffee today and drank 2L of water. But accoring to my strips I'm not in ketosis :sigh:

I currently have TOTM, could that be affecting the result? Or am I being too eager and should I just check tomorrow and get a grip :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. PinksW

PinksW Well-Known Member

I would give yourself time, Lexie. Atkins suggests eating 3 meals a day or splitting them into 5 or 6 smaller meals. You certainly shouldn't go more than 6 hours without eating.
    I'm sure you will be in the pink with the strips in no time. Keep drinking the water!
    Pinks
    x

4. Lexie_dog

I had breakfast late today about 10:30 and dinner at 5,

so off to wait then. I always have been tremendously impatient.

Thank you for your reply

5. sun

sun Well-Known Member

my ketostix never go pink, even when I did LL at my group they never did!

sue

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Mine never did either:confused:

7. Lexie_dog

I did CD a while back and the ketostix always showed as mid pink, except when I had TOTM. I'm just hoping that they are the same this time around.

I have a belter of a sore head starting, so am hoping that thats me finally on my way in.