Someone noticed!

You'll be down another stone by the time you see your Dad Kirst so hopefully he will notice (although men are often the last to notice Lol).

Where are you living? I'm just wondering what you mean about finding something locally that suits you when you get to goal.

But moosh, you will be in Top Shop before you know it and wearing it by the time you go and visit your family!

I think at age almost 30 I'm past Topshop, I still like some New Look stuff but thats cos they do plus sizes! I don't even know where grown-ups shop- but when I'm skinny I will be going in every shop available!

Lol Moosh! When you get to goal it'll all be about discovering your style again and deciding the sort of look you feel comfortable with, and never having to go near a plus size rail ever again. Shop till you drop :). My plus size style was black bootcut trousers with tunic type tops that were floatey and didn't hug. Now that I'm in a size 16 I'm happy to wear more fitted things although I'll never be a skinny jeans and crop top kind of girl at my age :). Buy yourself a couple of just too small things if you don't have a wardrobe full of them already and try them on each week to see how they fit. If you buy from a 28 day return policy shop it's easy to return them if you don't like them just before the 28 days are up. I just ordered a stack of clothes in the next size down, even in styles that I don't think I will wear but I was curious about, as the returns policy is decent and easy. It's good to have some new things to spur you on even if you do have stacks of things in the sizes you need. They don't have to be horrendously expensive either as the supermarkets do some good inexpensive clothes that will do just fine for your in between sizes.

Do any of you know that poem-the title is something like 'when I'm old, I'll wear purple'? Google it, it's a good one! That's how I feel now. I'm much braver & more confident in my early 50s...(see how important 'early' is next to this number :)) than I ever was in my 30s. I'll bl**dy well make sure I'm wearing Topshop, if only around my house!!! Point is, after years of Evans and Ulla, (tho I do love Ulla and it starts at Euro. 44 so still in my aimed for range), I'm going to relish wearing whatever I like, from wherever I like. And while I might feel a bit embarrassed shopping in Topshop, if I saw something like a loose tee shirt or stretchy pants I might wear them. If (when) I do, I promise to post a photo!

I've never heard of Ulla although you and Maka have mentioned it. I just googled it and it seems that they do sell online in the UK but have no stores. It tends to be Evans and Ann Harvey here. I bloody refuse to step in one of those ever again!

Do any of you know that poem-the title is something like 'when I'm old, I'll wear purple'? Google it, it's a good one! That's how I feel now. I'm much braver & more confident in my early 50s...(see how important 'early' is next to this number :)) than I ever was in my 30s. I'll bl**dy well make sure I'm wearing Topshop, if only around my house!!! Point is, after years of Evans and Ulla, (tho I do love Ulla and it starts at Euro. 44 so still in my aimed for range), I'm going to relish wearing whatever I like, from wherever I like. And while I might feel a bit embarrassed shopping in Topshop, if I saw something like a loose tee shirt or stretchy pants I might wear them. If (when) I do, I promise to post a photo!

hehehehhee, I was teaching that poem earlier this month! It's a laugh!

Lol Moosh! When you get to goal it'll all be about discovering your style again and deciding the sort of look you feel comfortable with, and never having to go near a plus size rail ever again. Shop till you drop :). My plus size style was black bootcut trousers with tunic type tops that were floatey and didn't hug. Now that I'm in a size 16 I'm happy to wear more fitted things although I'll never be a skinny jeans and crop top kind of girl at my age :). Buy yourself a couple of just too small things if you don't have a wardrobe full of them already and try them on each week to see how they fit. If you buy from a 28 day return policy shop it's easy to return them if you don't like them just before the 28 days are up. I just ordered a stack of clothes in the next size down, even in styles that I don't think I will wear but I was curious about, as the returns policy is decent and easy. It's good to have some new things to spur you on even if you do have stacks of things in the sizes you need. They don't have to be horrendously expensive either as the supermarkets do some good inexpensive clothes that will do just fine for your in between sizes.

Oh I wish they had decent online shops here! Just to try on things the way you're doing and return them if the style doesn't suit. Sound slike hours of fun, especially when temptations arise. I'm going to mad when I hit London this Summer :D

That's what I really like about online shopping Maka; the ability to try them on in your own home and decide if it's for you or not. I already know that at least half of it is going back as I doubled up on some sizes if I wasn't sure what the fit should be.

I hate shop changing rooms but alone in my dressing room when I can change shoes, bras etc if I want, try pairing things up with things already in my wardrobe if I'm buying separates, and even try things on again a few days later if they're on my 'not sure' list is great. So many more places are doing free returns here these days - it was always a pain to have to pay to send things you didn't want back (which is a reason why I have a stack of clothes in my wardrobe that I've never worn as I often couldn't be bothered). These days it's a case of throwing them back in the packaging, sticking on the supplied returns label and dropping them off at the post office or one of the shops they have nominated. I live out in the sticks here so it's much easier to do that than treking an hour to the shops and then having to return things to the store when you get them home and aren't keen on them.

You'll be down another stone by the time you see your Dad Kirst so hopefully he will notice (although men are often the last to notice Lol).

Where are you living? I'm just wondering what you mean about finding something locally that suits you when you get to goal.

I don't think she'll mind me telling you as she's probably off out somewhere with her gorgeous fiance, but she works with me Borders. She's doing really well...my little chick has taken off, she's now giving me advice :)) There are 6 of us now in Kuwait and hopefully we'll get the others on here soon too! :D

That's good as you all have each other to support your group through the diet and then onto refeeding and maintenance. We're becoming quite a global community now :). Of course we could have added a Portugese member to that list too but he was just an a**e! ;)

I've never heard of Ulla although you and Maka have mentioned it. I just googled it and it seems that they do sell online in the UK but have no stores. It tends to be Evans and Ann Harvey here. I bloody refuse to step in one of those ever again!

There used to be one in somewhere obscure (!) like Dorset! It didn't last long. It's German stuff and you need to be about 6 foot tall with arms like a gorilla for some things, but it's really well made and I love the tee shirts, sweaters and other odds and sods. They have really dressy posh stuff, (pricey) and a casual range which I love.

That's good as you all have each other to support your group through the diet and then onto refeeding and maintenance. We're becoming quite a global community now :). Of course we could have added a Portugese member to that list too but he was just an a**e! ;)

He didn't half liven us all up though! We should ask him back, just to have another pop at him! :)

Probably be a big girl's blouse with us lot around :). Gone mad now girls - had to order another coat to replace the one that's now too big and ended up ordering another dozen items plus the coat. Oops! :D

Maka, I love the new images! You've done soooo well!!!!

Thanks Giza. It's when I put the three together that I saw the difference too!

And you lucky girl you....with your 6 mates on S&S too! I can't say anything about what I'm doing to my colleagues cos they're full of opinions and would slate my choice of weight-loss plan.

There's one lady in particular who was the same size with me when I got here, took me under wing to help me to get to know Oman and she was on a diet and exercise plan. She has barely lost 2lbs in the five months that I've known her and now won't come anywhere near me.
Yet I know if I told her about S&S, she'd rip the concept to pieces.

That's why this site means so much to me x

I think my problem with clothes will be money. I've spent so much time shopping in George now that anything over £5 for a top and £10 for trousers is just far too expensive. Plus I have no spare money for clothes.

Thanks Giza. It's when I put the three together that I saw the difference too!

And you lucky girl you....with your 6 mates on S&S too! I can't say anything about what I'm doing to my colleagues cos they're full of opinions and would slate my choice of weight-loss plan.

There's one lady in particular who was the same size with me when I got here, took me under wing to help me to get to know Oman and she was on a diet and exercise plan. She has barely lost 2lbs in the five months that I've known her and now won't come anywhere near me.
Yet I know if I told her about S&S, she'd rip the concept to pieces.

That's why this site means so much to me x

Our group has just come together in the past week or so Maka. I think you'd be surprised at how much people would be impressed at what you've achieved. I've hit my toughest time this week and sitting discussing options with colleagues on the same path was priceless. I'm going to bore them stupid tomorrow with..."I had to eat...Noooooooooooo" But at least I didn't end up face down going berserk! I reckon my stomach has shrunk to the size of a walnut...I'm still stuffed, hrs after scoffing chicken and brocc!!!!

Sorry Borders for mega delay - Giza outed me anyway hehehehehehe it's all good, I am really appreciating the friendships I am forming on here. Giza has to put up with me running in to see her every five minutes at work lol and her advice has been invaluable as has everyone's on here. I love Evans for shoes as I have big feet! Used to like the New Look Inspire collection as it was sexy but now it is nothing but builders shirts! So no longer a customer there :-/
Right off to cook my man some dinner as he is having to fend for himself most of the time now and for me - I am off to try out the cottage pie from suggestions I got earlier - o by the way, one of my managers who doesn't know I'm doing this (a man) noticed today :-Dxx

Back