Sona's Diary - moving back to WW for now

sona1980

Gold Member
Hey Peeps!!

This is going to be my new diary while i trial JUST xenical and fat/ cal counting! Im stopping WW for 1 week to see if counting cals and fat will help with the weight loss. I think i need to give xenical a fair chance without weight watchers aswell.

So im going to record my food diary here and please if anyone has any comments or suggestions feel free!! Im going to use My fitness pal to work out my cals and fats.

I decided to start today as it my official WI day. So my weight this morning was 12.8 in my PJ's and 12.7 in my birthday suit! lol Think i'll stick with 12.8..

I have to addmit i have had a pretty poor start to my xenical only week! Started out really well had crumpets for brekki and then had decided to get a subway for my lunch all ready in my lunch bag (on late shift at work u see!!) Bought a tuna pasta from canteen for my dinner. THEN we get told we are having a buffet for some work reason! I got a small triangle of tuna, one of cheese, one of egg and one of prawn and a small cheese pizza slice. When i say small i mean small. Anyway THOSE will now be my lunch and will save the subway for my dinner!! Looks like the pasta will have to go home.

the only problem i have is im not use of the actual portions im eating as they are not worked out for me.. i have to guessestimate how many grams im eating.. Im being quite generous i think. Will have more organised meals tomorow. And plan better for rest of week!!

Wish me luck! Would love to read what other people are eating today with values to get some ideas! I feel like im starting all over again. Maybe its a good thing... feel like i needed a fresh start!

Lets GO!

31/07/09

B- .........................Cals / Fat g
2 x crumpets -....... 180 / 2
30g Phili-............... 47 / 4

L-
2 bread- ................138 / 2
tuna- ...................2 / 0
cheese- .................29 / 2
egg- ....................13 / 1
prawn- ..................6 / 0
Mayo- ...................20 / 2
Pizza slice- ............200 / 0

D-
6" sub terriyaki chicken
on wheat bread, salad and no sauces - 370 / 5

WW lemon yogart -...70 / 0

S-
Tesco light choices cottage cheese - 4 /0
Tuna .....................................- 19 / 0
Hellmans light mayo ................- 35 / 2
tea..........................................- 20 /2
GT-
cals= 1153
fat = 20

Still have 47 cals and 20g fat to eat! lolz i have no idea if that is even possible nothing can be that low in cal and high in fat!! can it?! I think i may have some home made veg soup when i go home. No fat in that but probs some cals.

Last edited:
good luck Sona! sounds like a good idea - a change is as good as the rest!

good luck this week

xxxx

Looks ok Sona, just remember that egg is about 11% fat so even though you only took a wee bit, you *might* get a side effect, same goes for the cheese hun. I know that you were really put on the spot food wise though ( real life is bummer sometimes isn't it ? :rolleyes::eek:).
One thing I sometimes do is plan my meals the night before and write it all down in my food diary then, the trick is then to actually stick with what you've planned ( again sometimes easier said than done lol).
The only other thing I would say about what you ate is where is the fruit and veggies? I know you had salad with your sub, and again I know working ( especially shifts) makes it harder, but its definately something I would increase hun :)
xxxx

Looks ok Sona, just remember that egg is about 11% fat so even though you only took a wee bit, you *might* get a side effect, same goes for the cheese hun. I know that you were really put on the spot food wise though ( real life is bummer sometimes isn't it ? :rolleyes::eek:).
One thing I sometimes do is plan my meals the night before and write it all down in my food diary then, the trick is then to actually stick with what you've planned ( again sometimes easier said than done lol).
The only other thing I would say about what you ate is where is the fruit and veggies? I know you had salad with your sub, and again I know working ( especially shifts) makes it harder, but its definately something I would increase hun :)
xxxx

Thanks hunz!
yeh i was kinda put on the spot today! i had planned to have a sub for my lunch and tuna pasta for my dinner. I couldnt get out of the buffet it was a work thing that i forgot we had today!! BUT i did substitute the buffet for my pasta (didnt have this in the end) and will have subway for my dinner.

I HAD actually planned the best i could as i got back from newcastle late on thursday i didnt get a chance to cook anything. Im going to buy some quorn stuff tomorow so will have better planned meals!

I agree with egg and cheese, i dont get bad side effets from either of these though as i litrally had tiny portions and dont have them very often.

I made a veg soup last night but when i tested it, it was VERY bland will fix this up so i get some veg down me and i have got some water melon and melon in the house so will make a fruit salad for when i get home from work.

Im on to the fruit n veg issue! lolz today was my 1st day and not very well planned as i had to go shopping this morning and had no time to prepare meals and then work buffet threw me off..

HOWEVER i stayed within my limits and i resisted CAKE! somic to be proud of i think! lolz

well done on resisting the cake!! Im with ali on this one!! Also was there butter or marge on the bread? theres cals and fat that are both high there hun!!

Just on a flyig visit today so will try give you a day of my food diary tomorrow if it will help???

love katiexxx

xxx

well done on resisting the cake!! Im with ali on this one!! Also was there butter or marge on the bread? theres cals and fat that are both high there hun!!

Just on a flyig visit today so will try give you a day of my food diary tomorrow if it will help???

love katiexxx

xxx

Oh yeh i totally forgot to add the mag count on there, i dont think they have marg on the sarnis as my work lot are very tight! lolz I asked about the marg and mayo that they use and its all low fat and the milk is semi skimmed. So i guess i could add some more fat to yesterday sandwich.. its ok coz i had plenty of allowence!

didnt get any side effects from yesterdays meals so i think i was alright!

Yes plz post up ur meal so i can pinch ur ideas! hehe

01/08/09

B- .........................Cals / Fat g
2 x crumpets -....... 180 / 2
30g Phili-............... 47 / 4

L-
Tuna.................... 48 / 2
Mayo................... 13 / 2
2 Bread............... 138 / 2
WW yog.............. 48 / 0
Home made veg soup..... 4 / 0
tiny bit of low fat cheese.... 34 / 1

D- Intend to have
2 Quorn sausages ........... 114 / 4
smash original 100g.........58 / 2
WW spagetti 1/2 tin ......... 97 / 0
bacholors mush peas 150g.... 111/ 1
HP bbq sause......................29 / 0

GT= So far
Cals- 934
Fat - 16

04/08/09

B-
Crunchy nut and milk-- 172 / 4
1 cumpte ---------------90 / 1
phili -------------------- 47 / 4
tea-----------------------20 / 0

L-
Chicken breast ---------- 284 / 6
ww spageti --------------97 / 0
WW yogart---------------48 / 0

D-
Stir fry-------------------38 / 0
mushrooms -------------16 / 0
Chicken breast 1/2------142 / 3
frylight ------------------9 / 1

Snacks-
Diet coke---------------- 0 / 0 ( i like this one the bestist)

GT= So far today from what i have planned.
Cals- 969
Fat - 19

Hi Sona, well done for sticking to writing your food diary here, I have enough trouble remembering to fill my book in at home let alone coming on here and sharing it. I did notice you have written that you love diet coke the bestest, I was a complete diet coke addict until a few months ago, drinking up to 3 litres a day! and that was over about 30 years (originally drinking the fat stuff until they bought out the diet kind) some clever person told me that diet coke can actually prevent you losing weight (which I poo poo'd for years) but then I read a book , "From pig to twig" and they were saying the same thing although they said " think about all the people you know who drink Diet Coke and try to find one of them who isn't fat" I did this and true enough couldn't think of a single one!! I now have the occassional glass but mostly drink fizzy water or black tea.
I have no idea if the weight thing is true about DC but it certainly is an interesting thought.
Now please ignore me and go enjoy your DC ......I know I would.
xxx

I just found this artical you might find interesting, there seems to have been a few studies done on this subject.

http://www.emaxhealth.com/11/586.html

Last edited:
Sky!!

You lady are guilty of killing my buzz!!!!! agghh
im going to finish my can all the same! lolz
I dont drink it very often just sometimes when i have a sweet craving it helps! I liked it the bestist as it came up with no cal and no fat on my tracker!! now if only it said the same thing about chocolate!

Thanks anyhooz for posting on my diary! I post it up here so that i can keep on track and also stick to what id decided to eat! ALSO if anyone reads it they can either tell me when im going wrong or use my food ideas if they are stuck! I used to post it on WW minmins forum but as im taking a break from WW i thought id post it here! I was always looing for meal ideas off other peoples diaries!

Have had a good few days off! Stuck to my cals and fats very well the last few days! Been having my stir fry and loving the quorn sausages!!
My weight yesterday afternoon (after breki and before lunch.. in my DAY clothes) was 12.7!! yey! this morning however it was 12.8 but im gona call it 12.7 as this was in the middle of the day and fully dressed!. So far so good! ive lost 1lb since counting cals n fat. My TEST is only till friday so i still have a few days to go.

Im off on holiday on MONDAY to sunny dubai for a week, will probs not be posting from there but will try to stick to my low fat as much as possible! Have my WI at docs on Friday (before i leave!!) On my B-day! I dont think im going to hit my 12.5 target for my b-day but its ok. I know ive tried and not messed up so its all good!! My next aim will be to hit 12stone exactually or get just under it for October (family wedding).

Packed some clothes for dubai and was able to get in to my size 14 linen trousers which i bought in the sale last year. They actually fit quite nice now, baring in mind they are a tighter size 14 than they used to make them! I was over the moon naturally! I also bought a dress which i had to take back coz it was too big!! HA! the smaller size just didnt look right so im not gona wear that yet!

Feeling a bit proud of myself, u may be thinking... 1lb? im happy over 1 lb.. if uv known me long enough u will understand as it matter s agreat deal to me as i dont lose very easily after trying really hard!

I have to addmitt thou i have done no exercise for months as lack of time between full time work, living with inlaws and looking after my baby! i get exhaused and whenever im free im either looking after my boy or doing my housework! Crap reasons i know but i intend to sit the hubby down and come up with a roater! as HE goes to gym 4 times a week... he's almost got a six pack. I hate it!! I still have a family pack!! :-(

anyhooz ill be back later!

Have had a good few days off! Stuck to my cals and fats very well the last few days! Been having my stir fry and loving the quorn sausages!!Yummy
My weight yesterday afternoon (after breki and before lunch.. in my DAY clothes) was 12.7!! yey! Fab this morning however it was 12.8 but im gona call it 12.7 as this was in the middle of the day and fully dressed!. So far so good! ive lost 1lb since counting cals n fat. My TEST is only till friday so i still have a few days to go. Going the right way so far

Im off on holiday on MONDAY to sunny dubai for a week, Lucky lady!will probs not be posting from there but will try to stick to my low fat as much as possible! Have my WI at docs on Friday (before i leave!!) On my B-day! Happy birthday for fri !! :birthday:I dont think im going to hit my 12.5 target for my b-day but its ok. I know ive tried and not messed up so its all good!! My next aim will be to hit 12stone exactually or get just under it for October (family wedding).You can do that!

Packed some clothes for dubai and was able to get in to my size 14 linen trousers which i bought in the sale last year. They actually fit quite nice now, baring in mind they are a tighter size 14 than they used to make them! I was over the moon naturally! I also bought a dress which i had to take back coz it was too big!! HA! the smaller size just didnt look right so im not gona wear that yet!

Feeling a bit proud of myself, u may be thinking... 1lb? im happy over 1 lb.. if uv known me long enough u will understand as it matter s agreat deal to me as i dont lose very easily after trying really hard!

I have to addmitt thou i have done no exercise for months as lack of time between full time work, living with inlaws and looking after my baby! i get exhaused and whenever im free im either looking after my boy or doing my housework! Crap reasons i know but i intend to sit the hubby down and come up with a roater!Too right! as HE goes to gym 4 times a week... he's almost got a six pack. I hate it!! I still have a family pack!! :-(You are sooo funny!!!

anyhooz ill be back later!
What a positive post!

lolz!

i had to read that again as id idnt notice your comments in the main message!! cheers!! i feel quite positive today! i hope it lasts! and rubs off on other people!

05/08/09

B-
Cereal & Milk - 178 / 4

L-
Chicken breast - 284 / 6
1/2 can ww spagetti - 97 / 0
ww yog - 48 / 0

Veg soup - 3 / 0

2 quorn sausages - 114 / 4
mash - 5 / 0
mushy peas - 111 / 1

so far

06/08/09
Had a naugty nibble on tiny bit of chocolate sent to me from work last night (for my b/day) was a tiny nibble of i lil piece i think i did quie well! Wen i had 3 jellis and half a chicken kebab (no bun or cheese) so cals went up to 1298 region and fat was 18g for the day. Im still not eating enough fat i think! Weight was 12.8 on the scale in my clothes and 12.7.4 without the clothes! lolz im hoping its gona be 12.7 in my clothes again on friday! That will take me to the end of my 1 week test and if ive lost 1lb in that week i will continue with cal and fat counting as much as i can while on holiday! I will have internet access ive now learned while away but i dino if i will have time!

going to stick to the food below as best i can today! defo the main meals... try not to have snacks and if i must eat snacks will try make them of fruit or veg variety!
wish me luck! xx

B-
Crunchy nut & milk - 174/ 4
bread - 70 / 1
flora - 37 /4 (the original 5g at work! i know i know over the 5/100 rule!)

L-
2 bread - 138 / 2
tuna - 178 / 1
mayo- 18 / 2
ww yog- 48 / 0
snacka jacks - 89 / 2

D-
Batchelors 98% noodles - 308 /1
1/2 chicken breast - 142 / 3
sauce - 23 /1

GT= so far
Cals= 1099
Fat = 20

Hey sona!!! Hope you had a fab birthday!!! Did you do anything nice?

gosh!!! you were so reserved!! i would have pigged out!!! well done you!!!

SO are you finding cc useful then? I thinkits good cos ive got a rite sweet tooth! and just seeing the calories puts me rite off!! half a bag is more than i have for a meal eeek!!

love katie xxx

:birthday: for yesterday xx

Back