L-
Chicken - 0
2 kebabs - 3
gravy - 0.5
Cheese slice - 1

D- 7.5
Stirfry
salami

Hmm, yes, I don't see any green stuff at all.

My stir fry has vegis in it!
bean sprout, colli, broccli, cabbage, onions!
I pick out all the carrots though!

this is my 1st week and im stil trying to figer it out! i havent lost any weight so far and im on day 4! however my weight has gona back to 12.7 which is was before a wedding i attended last week! well it was a 4 day affaire in which my weight had gone from 12.7 - 12.10!! The lowest it has been this year was 12.5 but that was when i was fasting!

Anyway i have also bought some salad stuff and spinich and will try to make something with that! I had bought a bag of stirfy and it goes off after 3 days or so ive been trying to have that for my dinner! the last of that today then i move on to salad for my dinner!

Give me some real life ideas for upping my vegis ppl... plz dnt refer me to the list i have a copy of that i just dont know what to do with the vegis! (im a bit crap at this stuff)

also i made a crustless quiche last night with broccli in it.. not alot but atleast SOME! lolz.. its turned out qhite nice!

12/11/09

B- 2 boiled egges, salam slices, mayo
L- Crustless quiche ( with broccli in it!)
D- Stirfry and chicken sausage chopped in.

S- baby bell.

I like to steam

Cabbage n leek
Spinach
Kale
Bok Choi
pak Choi
Spring onions
Endive

or I chop them up and stir fry them Sona.

Brocolli
Cauili
leek

I boil.

Well the vegis i do like are all off limits! lolz that doesnt help?

The ones i AM havining in my stir fry are broccli, coli, bean sprouts, cabbage, onion and mushrooms... other than that from the allowed list i like spinich, pepper, aubergine and tomatoes. Most of the vegis in the list i have never some across! I will try harder to find more vegis on my next shopping trip!

My meals at work are kinda limited to a small box that fits in my lunch bag! last 2 days i had chicken with kebab n cheese and today i have quiche which i made myself.. Im having stir fry at night again tonight... but from tomorow night i will try to have something with vegis and salad! My evening meal is the best time for me to commit to vegis as im at home and can have them fresh and warm instead of pre-cooked and microwaved!

I do actually have a big portion of the stirfry!

but im kinda liking the sound of this bok chewy stuff! im gona look in to that on monday!

thanks for the ideas guys! Im defo gona start bringing a side salad to work! maybe have as a snack at my desk insteadof waiting for the "meal" time? can i do that?

Yes you can Sona, erm, that quiche, what did you use for pastry?

Good, I just wondered ;)

Hey ppls!

my menu for today.

B-
2 boiled eggs
mayo
salami
salt n pepper

S-
2 cherry tomatoes
5 slices od cucumber
half a lettufe leaf
small dollop of mayo (less than teaspoon)
pepper to taste

L-
Crustless quiche (home made! i KNOW what went in to that!)

D-
Chicken
egg
lettuce
cucumber
cherry tomatoes (5)
mayo
salt n pepper
sprinkle of cheese on top

Last edited:
14/11/09

B-
1 boiled egg at home at 6.30 am
2 fried eggs and mushrooms at work at 9.45 (i hope!)

L-
Crustless quiche (the last piece! i really enjoyed this!)
1/4 chicken breast
mayo

S-
Small layerd salad (cucumber, 2 cherry tomatoes, lettuce)
dollop of mayo
pepper to taste
1 table spoon of tuna
sprinkle of cheese on top.

D-
not sure yet im going to a wedding reception! this should be interesting! as its an indian wedding i will probs just be having extra helping of the starters!

Seek Kebab x2
chicken leg x2
Salad

Maybe pick out some meat from curry and have with more salad!
people are defo gona look at me funny when i dont eat any naan or rice! eeshh

Ah and Indian wedding, the last one of those I went to I ate 'till I nearly burst. :D

I like to steam
Kale
Bok Choi
pak Choi
Endive.

Sorry to jump on your diary thread Sona - just wanted to ask Jim a question or two):

Hey Jim,
What is Kale and Endive?
What does Bok Choi and Pak Choi taste like / similar to?
Looking to expand my veggie intake with a few new ones.
Ta
Dom

Jim - an earlier post on this thread made me smile.

I bought a microwave steamer a couple of months back - put it in the cupboard and then forgot all about it!

Thank you for refreshing my memory lol.

Oh i missed out on the pak and bok choi

they just taste green somehow Dom. :) quite a nice crunchy feel as well if you don't overcook them, I steam mainly as it's harder to overcook that way.

I have an old fashioned steamer Girly, just plonk it on top of a pan of boiling water. :)

Thanks Jim - i'll pop some pak and bok choi on my shopping list and have a try. I do like cabbage n leek too - just need to widen my choices a little.

update on the pok n bhok stuff
i couldnt find it anywhere in tesco's ppl!
the people that worked there just looked at me funny!
i had no idea what they looked like.. i did say they could possibly be green! I will not be going back to tesco for a while!!

How u all doing? hows was the weekend? Mine was ok! Saturday night i went to a wedding and i ONLY ate salad, chicken and kebabs!! yey! it was great didnt touch the rice or nan or even the curry or desserts! i spent the whole meal time feeding my lil one! wasnt even hungry when i went home!

Sunday morning i was showing 1lb down!! woop! 12.6!

sunday night however it all went ts up! QWent out for a meal with the gals! unplanned ofcourse! I had naan and then half a small choc cake slice with custard!! ooohhh it was terrible!! But next morning wi showed 1ln gain.. so was 12.7! well two days on now and back on track first thing on monday morning!!

Have been on salads for lunch and veg for dinner yesterday and today and ive really enjoyed my meals!

Today

17/11/09

B-
2 deviled eggs ( first ever!, york mashed with mayo cheese salt n pepper)

L-
chicken salad ( chicken, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mayo, sprinkle of cheese)

D-
Stirfy ( bean sprouts, cabbage, onions, cauliflower, broccli, pepper, salami)

S- These are soo hard at work! dont know what to have!

LOL yes sona, a big bowl of left over casserole. :)

Back