Sona's Diary- you may not like this...

I do have a contact for scotch Bonnet chilli's Laura, it's a Jamaican shop, and I have to say they are the hottest chilli's I have ever eaten.

Scotch Bonnet chillis ah yes! They are as fiery as we Scots ha ha. Moreso, I must admit.

Sona - if you go have a look at the forums on the Atkins Community site you'll see that many people do not lose fast during Induction. Most do, but by no means all. We are all different and on that site you will find invaluable practical advice about the scientific part of Atkins, as well as day to day support.

Must add that there is a bit of in-fighting there too about 'doing it by the book' or being a little more easy-going. Find what works for you as an individual and don't worry about the rest.

Thanks for your messages guys n gals!!

Im back!!!

Newcastle was a hoot!! no "diet" over eid or at mums house as she just wont allow it!

Well iv had 5 days away and i am not even going to say what i have been eating. LEts just say there was no such thing as low carb.

Anway, im back home, back at work and back in the zone.
Obviously a few lbs heavier and for some reason my face seems to have ballooned up! feels really podgy! TOM finihses on Friday so will take a look at the damage then.

Have decided to drop cheese and pop from my died for this week, see how i get on... gona have two days to ease back in and start propperly on friday.

I dont actually feel bad for having my few days off as i needed to recharge. Ive got another family wedding in July next year and that is when i am aiming to lose SOME weight for. I will be seeing the same people that i met at end of October. They already commended on the weight loss up untill then so i hope i can lose enough to show.

Anyway, just wanted to let u kno im back!
not had a chance to go shopping so im a bit rough with my menu todday!

B- 2 eggs and mushrooms
L- chicken breast and 2 seek kebabs (chicken mince, onions spices)
D- Stirfry with chicken

Last edited:
Hi Sona, welcome back love, I bet you had a great time from the sound of it. :)

loved every second of it!!!

Anyhooz was wondering if you could do me a fave!
im going to create a new thread to educate me on my carb menu.. hope you will spare me a few mins to teach me? If i can get my regular food "carbed" by u guys it will make life easier for me!

I know im avoiding the hard work myself but im kinda desprate for the help!

OK I'll go and look

Morning!! Had a reallly terrible night! my lil boy has hit his terrible two's early and is being a nightmare at bedtimes!! He wont sleep till 12 - 1am!! and thats after crying his eyes out! Have tried everything but nothing gets him to sleep!

So had a rough night!

Last night was good, had a stirfry with cabbage, bean sprouts, leeks and a bit of onion. Tossed in some chicken and a sprinkle of cajen chicken spices!

Also had did 15 mins on my stepper!! looking forward to increasing that to 20 then 25 etc also gona dus off my WII fit aswell! Ive been avoiding it coz it tells me off whenever i go on it!!! :-(

B- 2 eggs, mushrooms and vending machine tea.
L- Chicken and 2 kebabs with salsa on top
D- Strify with tuna

My stir fry works out to be 5.4 net carbs before the meat/fish. Just found this out! lolz

Last edited:
Ah not a good night then love. Kids can be a real trial.

I know jim!

having said that though this is the firt time he has been impossible! Wehn he was a baby he didnt have colic thank god and even when he was teething he was managable! This is the first time he has been sooo bad that i cant handle him.. my poor hubby does the rosking him to sleep bit! (he's a big boy i cant even carry him around any more!) and my hubby doesnt believe in tough love so we cant even do controlled crying at bed time (making him sleep in his cot by himself) he's always been rocked to sleep.

Also im broody for another one!! lolz i know kids can be difficult but i really want another one.. it would be nice if they didnt have such a big age gap and also me n hubs can get babies out the way b4 he gets too old to rock them to sleep!! hehe

Ah not good love, we did the controlled crying and tough love with both of ours, and there is only 16 months between them.

my hubby wont go for controlled crying but we couldnt anyway as he is in the same room as us! Dont have our own place yet!

I have decided to take the bars off his cot bed and just get a bit so he doesnt fall off bed. I think maybe he gets upset coz he feels trapped? he has a large cot bed and he sleeps all over the place!

I think jamie was in a bed by 16 months, mainly because eleanor needed the cot by then Sona.

didnt have much time for prep today so i had a late brekki and got some take out to have for late lunch early tea later.. will have my dinner when i go home or later in the day if i need it!!

B- scrambled egg with mushroom and a bit of lamb chop
L- 2 chicken pieces, fried with batter and skin peeled off, mayo
D- Chicken and 2 kebabs with salasa and a dollop of sour cream.

And tea from the vending machine to get me through the day!

It gets easier over time to get the veggies down ya! One thing many overweight people seem to have in common is a lack of healthy veg in the diet whilst overeating. So it figures that we will continue to avoid them (cough) when dieting. Veggies are low on the cravings list for most of us!

Once you adjust to the needs of Atkins you will naturally start to include more veggies. I personally would be lost without cauliflower, and even broccoli. Green beans are good, also spinach, cabbage etc.

i eat cabbage, spinachm cauli, broccli atleast three nights a week with my stirfy. I have had green beans in curry but was looking to cook them on thier own..

Ah if you love curries - I do! - you will probably have included lots of veggies in your diet before Atkins. I think we avoid salad cos it strikes us as boring 'diet food'. It took me ages to look forward to a nice ranch salad! (without the crouton-y things). Garlic dressing is yummy.

You need to eat 15g carbs-worth of Induction friendly veggies every day.

Im trying im trying *she cries*

lolz i honestly try realllly hard to eat salad n vegis!

Today was a good day
had scrambled eggs and mushrooms for brekki
had cauli and broccli soup for a snack at work
had cauliflower rice with chicken for my late lunch
and having chicken and kebabs for my dinner!

See loads of vegis! maybe the same ones but loads!!! hehe

Im on a late shift at work.. till 10pm so that dosnt help!
last night when i got in i ate lettuce with some lamb from the curry.
Not the sauce though. Was really yummy!!

I dont miss curry's that much coz i can still nibble on meat from the curry and i never really had it myuch before anway! The only thing i miss i think is lentils.. i love lentils and white rice!

used to have noodles alot but dont miss them either!
thinking of making "fake" noodles with egg...

3 eggs whisked in a tiny bit of cream..
fry three thin ommeletts.. roll them up and cut them like long pieces of spagetti... with chicken mince!

Bless! The veg thing is hard, I know. You are doing well.

You can buy carb free (yes FREE) shiritaki noodles from sugarfreemegastore. They are very low in calories too, and of japanese origin, i think. Cost around £1.85 per pack.

I bought two packs but have yet to try them - keep forgetting all about them. Some just love them because they soak up the flavour of whatever they are seasoned with or cooked with and are said to be yummy.

No reason why you shouldn't try those!

I use those, I get them in China Town in Birmingham.

Ah, good, Jim. That will encourage me to take the plunge and cook 'em up! Will let you know how I get on.

Back