Sona's Diary- you may not like this...

Whatever you may see on the scales (you don't need to weigh after a binge period, mind you) you are getting back on track and your gains will soon be losses.

It's a lifestyle choice, this way of eating. Not a diet. When you feel bad about yourself, remind yourself of this.

Good luck to both of you!

Nothing tastes better than thin feels! xx

OOOOOOHHH, Kate Moss is on our thread

I know, I should take my own advice lol

Oh where have I been? lol I just found that on someone's post and thought it sounded good. Didn't realise that Kate Moss got a lot of stick over the comment. I suppose it depends on how you think of being thin. There is healthy thin (not overweight) and unhealthy thin (underweight) lol maybe 'slim' is a better word to use?

Sona, I agree with girly. I'm happy that you are back on the wagon and like girly said,this is a lifestyle change so you have to think in that terms of that. we all slip up and have our moments... but you do sound as if you are in a maintence mode. I think when it's like that and your weight has stalled for quite some time you need to up your exercising and water intake..

I didn't know kate moss got a lot of bad press because of that comment. This is the first time Ive heard about it. I agree that being slim and underweight are too different things..

Hey peeps thanks for ur messages!

Im back on the wagon but had a sneaky WI this morning!! totally mortified!! im currently sitting at 12.10!!! heaviest ive been in ages!! hopefully will be gone by next week as i was naughty over the weekend incuding monday!!

the good new is that i am getting atleast 2 days of exercise in a week so far! have been aiming for 3-4 but it gets a bit busy for be due to work and baby! Wipped the Wii fit out last night and had a good 30 min session on that! loved it! its funny how i can jog on the spot for 10 mins but if i went for a run id be dead in less time? hmmm

Anyway i hear u hun! im defo working on the water aswell!! as disgusting as it is.. im trying to drink more of it!

B- 2 boiled eggs, 1 scrambled egg from work (for free!)
L- chicken and kebab with cheese
D- cauliflower with spinach and cheese with side salad (im yet to invent this)

I know not much vegis today but im all out! i ate a huge stirfry yesteday as they didnt look like they would last another day!

sona glad you got right back on the wagon.. I love water.. I prefer it over sodas and etc.. maybe add some lemon in it or you can drink the frizzy water too..

I see that you are motivated and that's postive.. by the way your son is adorable in that avatar :)

Hey hun!
thanks!

I am trying my best to stay motivated!! something keeps coming up every week though so its making it very hard!! I have another meal to attend tonight but im going to try my very best to stay atkin friendly!
have limited my carbs for during the day.. had eggs for brekki and some mushrooms and having a slightly carbed lunch but saving most carbs for dinner incase i need them!

Have started exercise and trying to drink more water!, its ok at home but the warer at work is horrible! and i spend most my day at work so i can only drink what we have! cant afford to buy bottled water at work! if i drink it freezing cold i cant taste it but in this weather im gona end up ill drinking alot of freezing cold water!!

cant win! lol

hows ur loss coming along? do u have any tips for me? i dont seem to be losing at all and i think ive been on (and off) atkins for a month now.

Hey there sona, you are planning right to save most of your carbs for the dinner out tonight. Try and stay atkins friendly and for sure there will be veggies and salad there so try and full up on them first..

You are motivated and organized. For me that was the key to losing the weight and planning my meals in advance and writing everything down.. I still have my diary where I've written down everything I've eaten..I don't like cold water too. I usually drink tap water because bottle water is expensive especially at work 1.50 Euro is quite expensive..

I'm in maintence now.. but when I was doing OWL I started to exercise more and drinking more water. That really helped a lot. Also try and change up your food. jim and claire got me eating ostrich burgers, they are yummy.. Also I stayed away from cheeses and diet soda, because they have been know to cause stalls. Remember the closer you are to a normal weight range for your height, you body will stall because it's now saying you are in a normal range and etc.. and you have to trigger it out of the stall by working out more and drinking water.. I did go to the bathroom a lot thought LOL..

You're doing well and some people lose weight quicker and other maybe slower. I used to run track in university so my body once it starts to work out and etc.. my metabolism really gets in gear.. but now that I'm a bit older my metabolism isn't like it was 5 years ago.. I still watch my carbs and now I don't have to count as much because my mind is like a calculator. I think like a thin person and most of all I control the food it doesn't control me. I eat to live not live to eat :)

I do walk at least 30 km a week. I walk from the train station and back to and from work and that really helps and I do an aerobic workout tape for 30 mins 2 times a week.. I don't plan on going back to being overweight. I knew I had to make a lifestyle change and not just a diet and one that I can live with..

You're doing great and sometimes it takes a moment to see what works for you and your body..

Last edited:
You can fill a bottle up at home and bring it to work with you Sona.

I have six little 500ml plastic bottles. I fill them up every morning - usually with two thirds filtered or bottled water and one third diet pop (I know, I know, but I don't like drinking plain water!). I make sure I get through at least four of those little bottles each day, in addition to Atkins friendly tea and coffee. That way I know I will get 2 litres of water to help me on my way.

I find drinking lots of water difficult but it has to be done!

Well guys thanks you for the advice! and i will be sure to follow it....... after xmas period! I know i know! i shouldnt STOP the way of eating but i just cant seem to stay on track! i duno maybe hormones!

Ive decided to stop eating right all day then messing up each night! Well not each night but atleast once a week! Last night i was doing really well and had been all week.. but then i got a MAD sugar craving and ate a few biccis!

Few days to xmas at work and its a bit festive here so hard to avoide the treats! (this probs what got me in trouble in the first place!) but atleast im being honest! i think im gona just go easy untill after xmas now. By easy i dont mean im gona jump in to junk food! just gona switch to WW for a week or so. Back on atkins after xmas.

B- (obviously decided to change to WW after i had brekki! lol)
brown balm - 2
hash brown - 3
1 egg - 2
= 7

L-
chicken breast - 3
sauce - 0.5
=3.5

D-

Cauliflower, broccli and cheese soup - 0.5

(will try not to have anymore FESTIVE food! lolz i consider my brekki as my festive food the day)

11 points for dinner and snacks

Hi sona.. don't beat yourself up. I definitely understand. At least you are honest ;). It sounds to me that you are just going to eat reasonable and if you want some sweets and etc.. that you are going to have them but not go overboard:D. Ive been a bit bad this week myself :( and just like you I started off well in the am and afternoons but around dinner time I tend to be a bit naughty with all these mince pie and chocolates around and Xmas parties and dinners. But I'm not having a carb or junk food blowout myself.. It's around the holidays and that really isn't no excuse but we aren't the only ones who have fell off the wagon a bit.. Hang in there and we'll both be fine :cool:

Bad Girl Sona, :kickass:

Back