Sona's Diary- you may not like this...

Good news on the nursery Sona... my little one had her first day at her preschool today! x

Dizzy how did it go? did she like the classroom? and did she mingle with other kids? We are supposed to book a visit session prior to his start date but im not sure if thats gotta be before th summer term or during the summer holidays... And i duno if that is spposed to be the settling in session or not... I need to ring the nursery on Monday and check. Im really excited for him! he really needs somic new i think he gets a bit bored at home.

Hi Sona

We had a taster session before she started too. Yesterday I was in & out she went straight off to play, she took her favourite doll in with her which I think helped as she was off showing her all the toys. Ours is set in a big village hall so she has been in there for other things like parties, mother & toddler group etc so thats a plus too!

After I kissed her goodbye she was fine & apparently didn't even ask about me until after lunch just 10 mins before I picked her up!

I think for exactly the same reason AJ enjoyed it... she does get bored at home with me. She's only doing one morning at the mo upped to 2 after Easter. xxx

Lol hey jim-ma-boy!

Hey u guys!!

Rehan will be going from sep to end of match 2 afternoons a week.. But his are 5 hour sessions... they seem a bit long dont they? I need to check that out as im not sure i have the timing right!

After that 1st april he is able to get 15 hours free so will stay at the same nursery for this... maybe add some more afternoons..shorter 3 hour sessions..

I think pre school is good for kids personally.

I think its important because its the start of education
plus he gets used to other kids and playing with them
also prepared him for nursary full time and school.
We have got him in to the pre school nursary that we hope
he will attend for the next few years so will get used to going there and the teachers etc.

The only downside is the germs they tend to bring home from other kids.. but u cant do anyting about that can u!

My lil boy is eager to get out and learn new things i think he will really enjoy it after the initial few days..

Hi guys!

sorry for the bad feeling from my threat today! im just having a bad morning. Monster in law can be such a bi*ch sometimes.. I wish i could go in to more details but you would just laugh at the stupidity and patheticness that is our scociety and culture sometimes! Living with inlaws can be hell.

Hi Sona, sorry to hear you are having a bad time with your MIL. I'm not married but I have seen my friends and their MIL and they say it's worse when you have kids..

How you guys have survived living under the same roof is amazing.. I love my family but I love them more that we are an ocean apart LOL.. I can't imagine living with them.. Too many adults with different set of rules and how you do things etc.. under one roof is a bomb ready to exploded even if you guys get along and have a great relationship..

hang in there it will get better :) HUGS

Hi Sona, sorry to hear you are having a bad time with your MIL. I'm not married but I have seen my friends and their MIL and they say it's worse when you have kids..

How you guys have survived living under the same roof is amazing.. I love my family but I love them more that we are an ocean apart LOL.. I can't imagine living with them.. Too many adults with different set of rules and how you do things etc.. under one roof is a bomb ready to exploded even if you guys get along and have a great relationship..

hang in there it will get better :) HUGS

hi hun!!

thanks for that! i know it will get better! usually its fine but ur right ...toomany adults with thier own views and opinions!! My MIL seems to have this problem of shouting at her kids and saying things to me indirectly! usually regarding housework! I work 2 days of late shifts every week from 1.30 till 10pm. I need to leave the house at about 12:20 to get to work on time.

On these two morning i only have enoug time to get my kid up, fed and dressed. And arrange my lunch and dinner for work.. get ready and then go. Now if i was able to ( and i have in the past when i was waking up at 7am) i clan and tidy and hoover the living room and kitchen before she even gets up at 10 or 11am! but recnetly i havent been able to as my son gets up a bit later.. and he doesnt come downstairs striaight away.

When i did get up at 7-8am and i did do all the cleaning and my sons stuff and then go to work till 10pm not getting home till 10.30 pm i used to be knackerd by the time i came home.

so she's p*issed that i havent been doing the cleaning for her on them days. On my days off im doing my own chores that i cant do all week as im at work!

I work 5 days full time on shifts and I do my ousework on the 2 days off.. It seems i get no time off.

Sona I see why you are upset and pissed off. she actually expects for you to do all that, work, get your son ready, prepare your lunch dinner etc... while she does nothing :eek:. She should know better :mad:.. You aren't wonder woman and you are allowed to be tired... I'm not sure of your situation of why you are living with your in-laws and it's really none of my business but I'm sure that when you guys can you'll move to a place of your own.. You don't need all of thay stress you aren't cinderella.., the nerve of some people :mad:

a friend of mine lived with her mother in law ( she moved here when she married ) and the mother in law was constantly on at her, never spoke to her directly but issued orders to her, clean this, cook me that before going to sit in her chair, suprised me the first time i saw it but my friend told me it was common in her culture. my friend also worked from 6am till 3pm before collecting her 2 kids and heading home for the chores

:eek: sum are you serious! I do understand that while you are living with someone in their house, you should help out with the cleaning cooking and contributing to the house but not be a full-time housekeeper and maid. I admire your friend and you too sona to have the patience to deal with MIL's like that. I know me and I would of told them off LOL

We have our own house but have that on rent and the plan was to pay off as much as the moretage in lump sumps b4 we move in so we can reduce our monthly without redusing the term of the moratage and the sort of moratage deal we have just aint available anymore!!

15 years, fixed rate!
of which we have 12 years left and have paid off 20k in addition to the monthly payments!! from £929 a month we now pay £750! and we would not have been able to do this if we lived there! SO i have to live with my inlaws for my own future comfort! the plan is to go part time at work when we can afford it easily..

I just sometimes wish that we could move and just get on with it but my hubby is a true beliver of planning ahead!

Usually i dont mind living there its a nice house.. juts my MIL makes things difficult for NO apparent reason! if we ever mention our own place or moving out in the future she gets all choked up and teary eyed! i just dont get her!

Sona I feel your pain. I mean for her to be teary eyed one moment at the mention of leaving etc.. You definitely have patience and your husband does have a good plan. Just hold out for a bit longer and it'll be better in the long run. Just try and make sometime for yourself whether it's to have a cup of tea or coffee at a cafe even if it's for 15 mins just to be alone and not worry about your MIL and her ever changing mood.. ((HUGS)))

Last edited:
I had a girl work for me who was in the same situation Sona, it seemed to me that her MIL was treating her like a slave.

Back