Sona's Food Diary- Im back!

Typing my next few days up in advance to help me stick to my food and points.

07/03/09

Breakfast:
crunchy nut and milk - 3
=3

Snack:
Soup - 1
=1

Lunch:
quarn burger - 3.5
Snack a jack - 1.5
=5

Snack:
ww yogart - 1
=1

Dinner:
Chicken 2.5
cheese - 2.5
Ketchup - 0.5
= 5.5

gt= 15.5 /18

Last edited:
08/03/09

b- crunchy nut milk - 3
=3

l-
Lentils - 2
rice (large portion)- 8
=10

Snack:
ww soup 2
1 bits home made flap jack 1
=3

d-
noodles - 3
=3

snack:
flapjack - 1.5

gt= 20.5

31 mins on stepper 300 cals not added to total

Last edited:
09/03/09

b-
crunchy nut milk - 3
=3

l-
2 toast -2.5
beans -3
cheese - 2
=7.5

d-
Chicken 2.5
mushy pease 1.5
ketchup 0.5
= 4.5

snack:
flapjack 2
=2

gt= 17

no exercise!

Last edited:
10/03/09
Had to edit this sooo many times today! added cottage cheese and french fries crisps and took off the cheese and aded my veg soup! might just scrap the noodles altogether and stick to just soup! hmmmm see how hungry i get!

b-
2 toast 2.5
1/3 chicken breast 1.5
=4

S-
french fries crisps - 2
=2

l-
jacket potato - 2.5
tuna mayo - 2
cottage cheese 2
=6.5

d-
chicken 1
noodles 3
Veg soup 0.5
=4.5

snack
Snack a jacks 1.5

gt= 18.5

30 mins stepper 278 cals not added to points tracker

Last edited:
11/03/09

b-
crunchy nut milk 3
=3

Snack:
french fries crisps -1.5
=1.5

extra snack:
bite of mint choc cake - 1
=1

l-
Veg soup 0.5
Bread 1
Snacka jack 1.5
=3

Snack:
Veg soup 0.5
=0.5

d-
chicken 2.5
cheese 2.5
ketchup 0.5
= 5.5

gt= 14.5

30 mins on stepper

Last edited:
:)Sona,

Have you tried eating all your points? (you've prob tried all this!) You seem to be regularly eating well below what you should.

Just a thought!

Hi Jaxie!

I tend to make up mypoints to atleast 18 as im trying this for a week to see if i can lose anyting! Im really fed up that the moment as im still bobbing between 13.3 and 13.1 as i have done for months!

after march 12th (my babys's 1st bday) im going to try eating all my points! I have ate them all in the past 3 weeks on some days and not on some days and that makes no diff.. i have noticed today that i feel hungry quite a bit so maybe im not eating enough, often enough?

i know it's so disheartening not to lose weight when you're doing everything right and more power to you for sticking with it when the scales are your worst enemy;)

I think you said in another post that you're not fond of veg and fruit??:eek: (Correct me if i;m wrong?) I couldn't do this without the veg - Are you sure you're getting all the nutrients you need? Deficiency can stop you losing weight too!! Other than that i really don't know why you're not losing the weight!:confused:

Good luck!

I dont mind fruit or veg actually i do eat fruit in form of an apple and frit yogard.. i was eating more veg in the 1st 2 weeks but maybe not so much the last two weeks.. ok im making a list of things i need to add..

So far im thinking:
1 veg meal every other day- somic ive cooked myself
more water
more fruit
eat all my points
cut down on bread
cut down on pasta
Make some free soups

This will have to commence when i get back from my holidays as Im really busy at the moment organising a b-day party and packing for holidays! So im gona try the 18 point thing this week and while im away im just gona try reallly hard to stay within my actual points allowence!!

when i get back - watch this space!!!

there will defo be some changes! I have already typed out my weeks menu if you want to take a look! I exercise 5 times a week (normally) 3 out of 5 is 30 mins long on my stepper!!

You're obviously good at sticking to the points!!:D

When you say you're having cheese and chicken for tea - what does that consist of? Noodles with what? Are you eating wholegrain carbs and measuring them? This is defo where the diet can go wrong - you only need to over eat by relatively few calories during the week to stop you losing weight! (Altho with all that exercise that shouldn't be the case)

Sorry about rambling but i hate it when there seems to be no rhyme of reason for not losing the weight - it's gotta be something!!:confused:

This happened to me in the past and i blamed everything but the fact that i was eating too much (;) Not saying you're doing that BTW!!)

Let us now how you're getting on!! WW does work - it's just about getting the balance right!

hi jaxie! thanks for showing an interest this is exactuaqlly what i need! your not rambeling i really appreciate the help!

Chicken: 7 chicken breats marinated in tandoori masala powder, little natural yogart, lemon juice, soya sauce, red chilli powder and salt. Little bit of oil and cooked in the oven. My hubby has 5 portions of this in the week and i cut each breast in three strips. i have about 2 portions in the week. I grate cheese over it and let that melt and eat with ketchup.

Noodles: single meal packet noodles, low fat- boil in 300ml water and add the packet of flavour i get with it. Works out at 3 points.. I sometimes have on own or with bit of cheese.

Im not able to measure all the food i eat as its mostly just typical sizes and the points are east to work out. Ive measured my cereal and found the right bowl to eat it in to get the right portion.

I honestly dont over eat as i stick to small meals through the day rather than big ones 3 times a day and most of the stuff i eat is ww like crips and yogarts.

I eat tuna and where is says a small can is 1 point i dont eat the full can but still put as 1 points. Duno where im going wrong. I have come from doing Atkins though so i guess eating carbs has had the effect of not putting on weight but not losing any either!

Your chicken looks fine as long as you are careful about the cheese as (i'm sure you know) very fattening and not worth the points, 40gms = 4.5.pts:eek:(my view only!!:D).

I would advise you to bring in lots of fresh vegetables to make your meals more interesting - use your cookbook and make recipes from scratch which you can freeze and use when needed.

Rice, pasta, noodles - 60gms uncooked = 3 points, 40gms = 2 points.

165gms chicken = 2.5pts etc.

Add volume with the vegetables and you can't go wrong. Count every bite you put in your mouth, every drop of oil that you cook with and every splash of milk in your tea and coffee.

You are prob doing all this but there is something not right about it????:confused:

I agree that Atkins can mess you up - I have done so many diets and believed my system was up the left - It took me years to realise where i was going wrong.

I have to be honest with you and say that to me your menu is slightly sparse on wholegrains and fresh fruit and veg (don't want to offend:)) and you may not be getting the vitamins and minerals you need!

Calcium rich foods also have been proven to assist in weight loss so keep up with the skimmed milk and low fat yoghurts.

I sound like a right anorak but am an obsessive dieter:p

I hope this helps

hi Jaxie!

I made my soup! and its 0.5 points per large portion as it was a lil bit of peas and corn flour in it! i was soo pleased with myself! am going to try having this for lunch and dinner times to help fill up and increase my veg intake!! hopefully this will make a diff!

Im actually feeling in a much better mood about the Weight loss (not that ive had much! lol) but atleast im not putting weight on even when im eating carbs!

When i was doing atkins i was always depressed about not eating carbs and when i did i would get really bloated and always gain! i think my body just needs more time to adjust! also im working out for alot longer now! i started out 15 mins on my stepper and now do 30 mins easy! and thats 300 cals off! better than nothing! maybe eating sensible and doing my exercise is what my body needs first to turn itself around then maybe i will start to lose! i have lost 1 inch from my waist! so better than nothing hey!

u'v been really great just for reading my diary i feel really welcome here thanks to you ladies!

Every little helps:) You're doing the right thing by your soup - it'll keep munchies at bay and give you a vitamin and nutrient boost.

I love Minimins too - it's been great support for me during my weightloss journey and with other issues

Keep up your good work and let's hope for some more movement downwards in those scales;)

I think sometimes just knowledge how many points is in something makes you think twice before you have it.:) Not long until your hol's now:)

i know! this guy at work bought some wedding cake in and it looked great! i had one bite and stopped!! i was really proud of myself i litrally had a nibble!!

Well Baby bday party went really well! he had a great time and so did everyone else! I weight in the day before at 13.1! However just sneaky peeked weight this morning and showing 13.3! Its ok though got a whole week to bring it down to 13.1 or less! I had saved 4 points each day last week plus my points for the day and I estimated 36 points for my food all day yesterday so ive not done too bad!!

13/03/09

B-
Crunchynut milk - 3
=3

L-
chicken sandwich -5
=5

S-
WW crisps - 1
chicken kebab (round) -3
=4

D-
Quarn burger - 3.5
snack a jacks - 1.5
= 5

Messed up late at night its all hubbys fault!!

Snack:
noodles - 3
chicken 1
=4

Lemon cheesecake = atleast 6

gt = 27 so far

Last edited:
Back