Step2 810kcal sooo hungry

Flare

Completely new to the CD and finding it hard to not focus on how hungry I feel. I'm on 810 and because I suffer with Coeliac disease I can only use the shakes and bars.
Apart from drinking water and keeping busy, if anyone has any other tips for surviving the first week please share them !!

Hang on for grim death. :) :hug99:

The first time on this diet is especially tough. I remember the beginning of Day 4 being absolutely horrible - and then suddenly, it was like a fog lifted and I suddenly felt much better, just at the point where I really thought I might have to give up. It does get better, honest. And the results are well worth the pain.

So, survival tips - water and keeping busy do have to be the top 2. But also, get to bed early. Spoil yourself in other ways - get some magazines and indulge in a good read, mani-pedi, long luxurious baths. Go window shopping online for clothes and start finding things you'd like to wear when you reach goal. Make a big list of all the things that being slimmer is going to help you achieve, even the silly ones!

Weekends can be especially tough but you can make it through, promise x x

Hey
I'll echo Lily's comments, hang on!!
Ive just started on the 810 aswell and I'm on day 6. It's so hard but it's getting better
I know everyone says it but water really makes such a difference
I'm so nervous of the weigh in, I feel like if I haven't lost much I'll cave because it's not worth it.
I know it is really tho

it will pass! i remember wondering if i would feel hungry for the whole day/week, and was it really worth being miserable?

YES! its totally worth it. and it wont last long.

distract yourself as much as possible- just get to the end of the day.

it will be ok :) xx

Thanks guys, it really doesn't seem to be getting any easier :-( I have got real hunger tonight.

I've got my first weigh in tomorrow and I'm excited and dreading it at the same time!

My husband did say earlier that my stomach is looking much flatter which is encouraging (bless him)

I am determined to keep going, I will be buying that stunning party dress a month from now :)

Focus on the new party dress you want ;) lots of water and I have been drinking more coffee, which fills me up and gives me a wee energy boost. I have been avoiding watching tv this week as I was I the habit of eating while watching my program's.

Good luck Hopefull 2012 :)
Beckz - i've adopted that strategy too. A cup of tea helps to take the edge off when it gets really bad - I sound like I have another kind of problem don't I lol!!

Gutted :( Only lost 4lbs in my first week, and it's been so hard.
really not sure it's worth feeling hungry all the time

A loss is still a loss! Keep positive I bet you will lose more next week, just your body adapting to the changes :)

I'm a bit confused by what it says in the space beside your name - did you start on the 18th? Because if so, it hasn't been a week yet, only 5 days. Even so,I know 4lbs is disappointing. But the really big week 1 losses you see here belong to people with lots more weight to lose than you. And as a Coeliac, you probably didn't have the carb stores to lose that the rest of us have - your glycogen and water stores would've been depleted already (for the rest of us that glycogen store can be worth 5-7 lbs). So look at it this way - you've lost 4lbs of fat! Put 4lbs of butter on a dish and imagine that slathered across your body. :D

You've done really well - you'll be well-rewarded if you hang in there, promise!

Gutted :( Only lost 4lbs in my first week, and it's been so hard.
really not sure it's worth feeling hungry all the time

Hi...just been reading through all these threads....Don't lose heart, whenever I'm at my worst I'm sure it's because I haven't had enough fluid. Just drink drink drink. It really does help. Keep going. Do you have any photos of yourself that you hate looking at? I have loads that are etched in my brain forever!! Oh, the shame, the humiliation. It's not pretty I promise you. Some of the people on here have lost HUGE amounts of weight and that could be you in a few weeks. YOU CAN DO IT!! :)

Lily, I started on the diet on 17th Oct but because of work commitments from tomorrow I had to have my weigh in today.
I am not going to let it beat me , I feel really determined, even if i haven't lost the half a stone I hoped. Maybe next week will be better eh :)

Flare said:
Lily, I started on the diet on 17th Oct but because of work commitments from tomorrow I had to have my weigh in today.
I am not going to let it beat me , I feel really determined, even if i haven't lost the half a stone I hoped. Maybe next week will be better eh :)

Ah right. :). I do think it might be because you were eating lower carb before you started Cambridge. Hang in there, the weight loss will happen - that's guaranteed if you stick to the plan and keep the faith! :hug99:

Back