Sooo not impressed with Consultant

She sounds like the Fat Fighters woman in Little Britain!

I was just thinking the same thing but couldn't remember what it was called from Little Britain!

I would definately see if you could change meetings and if the woman asks why then tell her that she is a rude so and so!

oh thats not good ... I wouldnt go back at all and just go to another class .... just explain to your friend, i am sure she will understand x

Simply shocking! I would definitely write to head office. The woman doesn't even know the plan for pity's sake. And humiliating members is just not on...

Thanks everyone I was really shocked by her whole demeanour tbh but will give it another go ..... if she's the same I'll speak to my friend and change class........will the swipe card register that I'm/we're on a countdown so don't have to pay again if I/we go elsewhere?

I think my friend only likes it because of what she sees as the comedy value!! (she's a lecturer herself and used to train people on their teaching technique so she's finding it all very amusing)!

There are some good losses going on in that class tho! No idea how from the advice she's dishing out!
Can I just ask a few things. Is the consultant not being "ironic or playful" when she says this? - I suspect not but thought I'd ask anyway.

Secondly, as the paying customer, do you not feel it relevant to challenge the consultant, or at least pick her up on any glaring errors and ommisions?

Even if you are not confrontational, you could at least have a "discussion" at the end of group.

I'd not be able to bite my tongue:eek:

Steve

Hmmm how timely for me to read this, I have in fact tonight emailed the head office about my Consultant, but actually to praise her to the hilt! she is absolutely amazing :)

The address I was given was a generic one and was told to just put customer services in the subject line and - feedback on consultant..

the email addy I was given tonight was [email protected]

Sorry to hear you had such an experience:eek: I would maybe give her another go and if she is still no good move to another class - fancy saying that about potatoes! :eek:

Mine is very similar. Loads of wrong information. I'm going to try a new group next week. he's had two chances but gives out so much wrong information and goes on and on and on repeating himself. Hope you find a better group.

My consultant last year was a bit off too. She knew the plan but she SHOUTED constantly and was very cliquey, the new members didn't really get a look in. Then she left to run a group nearer to where she lived and we got a stand in who spoke completely monotone and never so much as smiled, it was so strange!

I would consider mailing HO too, more so because they're giving out the wrong information, it could spoil a members losses.

Hope it either drastically improves or you can find another class.

Q

Ekkkkkk how rude is she .... Well i don't think that acceptable at all no second chance ide phone or email SW ... And find another group .... Asap

Can I just ask a few things. Is the consultant not being "ironic or playful" when she says this? - I suspect not but thought I'd ask anyway.

Secondly, as the paying customer, do you not feel it relevant to challenge the consultant, or at least pick her up on any glaring errors and ommisions?

Even if you are not confrontational, you could at least have a "discussion" at the end of group.

I'd not be able to bite my tongue:eek:

Steve

I think she thinks its funny when she says these things but a lot of the members were cringing at the time!!

I do feel it relevant to challenge the consultant yes, but not on my first night of attendance and not when my friend has just been kind enough to take me to class and buy me a countdown for my birthday, I feel it would have been a bit like throwing it back in her face and just a tad rude!

I will go back to class next week though and take it from there!!

honestly i would have challenged her and also made a complaint, you are the customer and paying for a service honey

I have to admit that when I was SW a few years ago we had a terribly indescreet consultant who thought she was hiarious when infact she was just cringe worthy. She talked non stop about her own weightloss, sexlife and about her kids. If people didnt stay to image therapy she would let 'slip' what their weight loss / gain (mainly gains) had been that week. She was quite impolite about physical attributes as well - at the time I was working as a reruitment manager and was stunned by her attitude towards people who were basically keeping her employed.
Needless to say she is no longer a consultant and sadly that group is no more. The consultant that I met on my first week this time(Thursday of last week) was the total opposite of her - a really lovely, warm and caring lady. She even called me on Saturday for a chat and later that day texted me regarding a cookery programme we were chatting about. I hope you manage to come to a decision that will help both you and your friend.
Good luck

That is terrible! If i were you i would contact head office.
At least you are rejoining & know the basics ( which sounds more than your leader does!) But what about the newbies who have no idea what the plan is about.

The way she spoke to the other people in your group is awful. I know some people can take a bit of banter but a lot of people (like me) who have weight to lose are quite self consious (sp?) and can't always take the humiliation of sharing to the whole group you have put on weight.

I hope you manage to find a better group to join & good luck with your sw journey :D

I think she thinks its funny when she says these things but a lot of the members were cringing at the time!!

I do feel it relevant to challenge the consultant yes, but not on my first night of attendance and not when my friend has just been kind enough to take me to class and buy me a countdown for my birthday, I feel it would have been a bit like throwing it back in her face and just a tad rude!

I will go back to class next week though and take it from there!!

If you could see that people were cringeing, why couldn't she? She should be looking at her members and seeing what signals they are giving out.

Also, while I understand and as a newcomer your reluctance to say anything, I can't understand the "cringers" in the group keeping quiet.

If it is anywhere within an hour of Gateshead let me know where. I'm not so reticent;)

Last edited:
That's absolutely atrocious. I'm hoping to be a Consultant once I'm nearer target and although I know I joke now with my mates (and those I sit with in group) that my losses (36 lb in 22 weeks) are cos I eat only dust - or my speciality, tumble drier lint sandwiches with cobwebs, I'd never do that to people who didn't know me properly - or who were paying me to help them on their journey.

If it is anywhere withing an hour of Gateshead let me know where. I'm not so reticent;)

Or an hour of Bristol. Reticent is very rarely used to describe me!

Could you not use the countdown at another group? as I know when I went to group if you could not make the group that week, you could go to any other one around where I live.

she sounds like my boss - thinks she can say ANYTHING and you'll laugh along with her or talk to you any which way she wants to and you'll forgive her - NO I WON'T and if I were you - OK give her one more week - but report her if you find the things she says/does offensive.

Hope things work out for you - and you may find that she is pretty good afterall.

I went to a class once where the instructor looked and dressed like waynetta slob, didn't seem to know the plan well, and kept telling people they were wrong if they offered good advice to another member which the consultant hadn't thought of.

The thing that really annoyed me though was that she would whine and ask everyone not to leave till they had helped her finish loading the car and clearing the room. Now i'm always more than willing to help, but there's a limit and at the end of the day it is her business which she should be working for. She used to make me feel like I was really selfish if I didn't stay and help. Needless to say I didn't go back after a few weeks!!!

Back