Soooooooo disappointed - I feel such a failure

fairydust81

I'm so disappointed and angry with myself. the last Friday of the month I always treat my daughter to a chippy tea. Well I have absolutely no excuse other than I have no willpower and I'm so weak but I had chips and gravy :-( noooooooooooooo I ate about 1 third of it and felt sick, then I felt really guilty and now I feel so gutted....I'd gone 4 days without any food then gave in without a thought for anything.

Just hoping this doesn't affect my WI on Monday, I don't think I'd hit ketosis but I just feel like I've sent myself straight back to day 1!!

All my hard work undone in a split second.....gutted :cry::cry::cry:

You haven't gone back to day 1, honestly. :hug99: I'm not doing Cambridge at the mo but spotted your post and wanted to give you a big hug!

A third of those chips and gravy won't have done nearly as much damage as you think, though you know now that the main reason not to give in on this diet is the way it makes you feel when you do! Try to bottle how you're feeling right now so you're not tempted next time - and then put it behind you. Drink lots of water to flush out the salt and to help your body process the food and get straight back on the wagon. There's a good chance that by Monday, your body will have sorted itself out and when you get to weigh in, it'll make hardly any difference to your loss.

Don't be too hard on yourself. We've nearly all done it (and those of us who haven't yet will do it at some point... ;))

You won't be in ketosis now after chips, but just start a fresh tomorrow & in a couple of days you'll be in ketosis again

You will be in ketosis by Sunday x

:( I just did the same. I always avoid coming to mums because there's just so so much tempting food..I walked in so proudly because I look much much Vetter now than before and I just had a 4 by 6cm piece of pizza, tried 2 spoons of pasta, had some vege curry(1 spoon to be precise) and 2 tbsp of rice. I shouldn't have had it specially as I had been so so good. I'm very anal about measurement hence why the accuracy. I'm going to have lots and lots of green tea tonight and flavoured water in the hope to be in ketosis by tomorrow evening. Doesn't usually take me long to get back into it. The main thing to remember is you will have slip ups on this diet. You're human but what u do next is the main thing. I used to think that seeing as I've ruined my day by eating I might as well grab a takeaway and start afresh tomorrow. My CDC always says to me you are only kidding yourself and learning nothing from this diet of you do this. She says to me if you slip up then its fine clear out your body with water. Hope that helps a little x

I would try a bit of exercise to use up the carbs and burn off some cals - a brisk walk or two maybe? You've got time to repair any damage - don't lose heart.

Back