sore again

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Yorkiegirl, 9 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Yorkiegirl

Yorkiegirl is happy being Yorkiegirl

Diet:
    CD
    Had a problem with sore patches under my loose skin earlier in my LL journey.Now that I am nearly at target weight, I have a hugely painful tummy button, and some sore patches under the loose flap of skin. Smells horrid :( ouch owww sympathy please.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    do yuo think it's infected?

If it's thrush ( which can be both itchy & sore) I think you can get over the counte canestan these days.

hope it settles soon

4. Geri

Geri Gold Member

ooh Anna,
    sounds painful. Maybe take a trip to the doctors, for him to have a look. If you are considering trying to have the lose skin removed on the NHS, I'd suggest taking some photo's of it, so you can say it's not only 'cosmetic' .

good luck, hope the pain eases up soon. :)

5. Yorkiegirl

Yorkiegirl is happy being Yorkiegirl

Diet:
    CD
    it probably is thrush again. Will get some canestan today and then go to the docs in the week so it is documented that I am struggling with it.

6. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    quite right!

7. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    I cant beleive I am going to admit this now, as even my hubby has no idea but here we go...

I get a very sore and smelly tummy button quite frequently. I think its because its so deep (as my belly is or was so fat), that if I get water in it (bath, shower, swim) and dont dry it properly it does get infected. I find drying with a cotton bud, then pop some Canestan cream on a clean cotton bud and put that in the belly button (if needed). Then I dust it with a lightly medicated talc (I use wilkinsons own brand). I also dust under my tum and boobs with the same talc. So far this year I havent had the sore patches, although I DO know what you mean, they are soooo painful.

Anyway, with all this treatment as above, even hubby has never found out about this private problem. No-one knows except umpteen Minimins now!!!!!!!

8. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Not good especially in this heat too.....!
    I have been quite lucky so far ....touch wood.

9. scooper

scooper Full Member

Diet:
    Began with LL, now CD
    I have the same problem with my belly button and the skin right below my apron. It is so embarrassing and painful at times.

As I've lost weight it's gotten better. I was using the thrush cream as well, but I went to the doctor and she gave me some steroid cream to use five days a week for a bit and it seems to be working a treat.

10. Susie Tuesday

Susie Tuesday Seriously???

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Sole Source
    I use Cuticura talc, it's mildly medicated and works wonders. It's avaliable in most chemist and super markets.

I tend to use it every day and really notice if i don't :sigh: the joys of having big B**bs :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.