sore again

Yorkiegirl

is happy being Yorkiegirl
Had a problem with sore patches under my loose skin earlier in my LL journey.Now that I am nearly at target weight, I have a hugely painful tummy button, and some sore patches under the loose flap of skin. Smells horrid :( ouch owww sympathy please.

do yuo think it's infected?

If it's thrush ( which can be both itchy & sore) I think you can get over the counte canestan these days.

hope it settles soon

ooh Anna,
sounds painful. Maybe take a trip to the doctors, for him to have a look. If you are considering trying to have the lose skin removed on the NHS, I'd suggest taking some photo's of it, so you can say it's not only 'cosmetic' .

good luck, hope the pain eases up soon. :)

ooh Anna,
sounds painful. Maybe take a trip to the doctors, for him to have a look. If you are considering trying to have the lose skin removed on the NHS, I'd suggest taking some photo's of it, so you can say it's not only 'cosmetic' .
What agood idea. it may not be enough as I know they can be v unwilling topay,but on the other hand it can't do any harm eh?
good luck, hope the pain eases up soon. :)

it probably is thrush again. Will get some canestan today and then go to the docs in the week so it is documented that I am struggling with it.
quite right!

I cant beleive I am going to admit this now, as even my hubby has no idea but here we go...

I get a very sore and smelly tummy button quite frequently. I think its because its so deep (as my belly is or was so fat), that if I get water in it (bath, shower, swim) and dont dry it properly it does get infected. I find drying with a cotton bud, then pop some Canestan cream on a clean cotton bud and put that in the belly button (if needed). Then I dust it with a lightly medicated talc (I use wilkinsons own brand). I also dust under my tum and boobs with the same talc. So far this year I havent had the sore patches, although I DO know what you mean, they are soooo painful.

Anyway, with all this treatment as above, even hubby has never found out about this private problem. No-one knows except umpteen Minimins now!!!!!!!

I have the same problem with my belly button and the skin right below my apron. It is so embarrassing and painful at times.

As I've lost weight it's gotten better. I was using the thrush cream as well, but I went to the doctor and she gave me some steroid cream to use five days a week for a bit and it seems to be working a treat.

I use Cuticura talc, it's mildly medicated and works wonders. It's avaliable in most chemist and super markets.

I tend to use it every day and really notice if i don't :sigh: the joys of having big B**bs :)

Back