Sore throat...

cheekychick81

Gold Member
Hi... So after a delightful weekend at the spa I now have a red raw sore throat and swollen glands and a big swollen uvula... Dangly bit... I'm in agony, been taking paracetamol but does anyone know of any throat sweets I can use that won't know me out of ketosis?

Gargle hot salt water, plenty fluids and paracetomol hun

Hope you feel better fast x

I would go to the doctor and see what they've got to say. It may be that antibiotics are in order.

If you decide to go for throat sweets try ones which are aimed at diabetics (strepsils do one) as they will be lower in sugar. Not sure whether or not they will take you out of ketosis but you at least stand a chance with those...

Thanks guys :) my bf is both a gp and diabetic so he's had a peek and he said he's not too concerned at the moment but it's very red and swollen and I've got a packet of sugar free halls sweets so I'll see how I go... might be brave and try the salt water later too!

Thank you xxx

If you can take aspirin, you could also try gargling with a 75mg (junior) soluble aspirin in warm water - apparantly it's great for the pain.

LucySera said:
If you can take aspirin, you could also try gargling with a 75mg (junior) soluble aspirin in warm water - apparantly it's great for the pain.

Thank you... I'll head to boots this afternoon x

Back