Total Solution South Pacific

If the job feels right, it's something you would want to do and you'd like a change then I'd say go for it, you've got nothing to lose - don't let age stop you from doing something you want to do xx

Never too old for a change Darcy. Will it involve a lot of training or courses that you have to go on x

Several weeks of training - in Birmingham

....then home based working apart from the occasional meeting and updates in Birmingham :)

The job is internal auditing of reports so no more dealing with the public :rolleyes:

I had a conversation yesterday with one of my nurses who had had a life changing accident & I asked her how it had changed her view on life in general. She said the main thing it made her do was changed her job whenever she felt the need for a change or wasn't happy with what she was doing. Then I read your post when I got home. Bit of a coincidence eh.

End of the day Darcy you know whether the pro's out weigh the cons but don't let your age have a bearing on your decision x

Wise words as ever Susie :)

I need to think very carefully about the job, and will do so over the weekend

.....too complex to explain it all here, but essentially there are a lot of changes afoot in my current job - the major one being the contract I work for being taken over by another company and all the issues that will entail :rolleyes:

So, do I stay with the hope the new company will be fine or is it time to move on?

I'll be 58 in a few days time, and was looking to wind down not start a new job - but who knows? :)

Nice to be in that position, always nerve-wracking decisions like this, question is would you regret not taking the opportunity? I would at least look into it more and see what it's all about, your def not too old for change look at the changes your making with this diet! :D

Lovely post Willow, many thanks for the support :)

I take it the new job is full time. Do you know anyone who works for the new company that are taking over.

Lots to think about eh :rolleyes: x

I take it the new job is full time. Do you know anyone who works for the new company that are taking over.

Lots to think about eh :rolleyes: x

Full time, yes - but room for negotiation I expect

I don't know anyone in the new company unfortunately :rolleyes:

Lots to think about indeed :)

Hope you feel you can make the best decision Darcy, difficult times having to work out what's best for your future xx

Why don't you send off for an application pack so that you'll find out more about the job. Working from home would be very appealing to me - I would love that! I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend away Darcy. What did your friends think of your weight loss?

Why don't you send off for an application pack so that you'll find out more about the job. Working from home would be very appealing to me - I would love that! I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend away Darcy. What did your friends think of your weight loss?

Good idea Lynne :)

Working from home is hugely appealing to me too :D

Um, my friends didn't even notice my weight loss :rolleyes:

.......sadly, at my size I guess I need to lose a lot more for it to be noticeable :sigh:

Darcy, you must look thinner!

Not long home from a lovely evening out with my sister in law

....went to a Russell Watson concert

He's got a great voice, and sang a lot of my favourite songs tonight :)

Have not been to the centre of Bristol for some time though - and had forgotten the traffic nightmare :eek:

Good morning Darcy, glad you had a lovely night, it's great when you go and see someone you really like.

Perhaps your friends noticed your weight loss and didn't like to mention it, I think sometimes friends don't xx

Morning Darcy.

Good luck with your new job decision making, sounds very appealing working from home.

Glad you enjoyed your weekend away and your Russel Watson concert.
So unfair at how easy the weight goes on compared to how hard it is to lose it! But you're doing so fab this time around I just know you'll get there. Oh, and like Katie said, I'm sure your friends noticed your weight loss but were unsure of what to say. xx

Good morning Darcy, glad you had a lovely night, it's great when you go and see someone you really like.

Perhaps your friends noticed your weight loss and didn't like to mention it, I think sometimes friends don't xx

I think you're spot on there Katie :)

I have known these friends for 30 years, and they have seen my weight fluctuate so much in that time :rolleyes:

Hope you have a good day today Darcie.

Back