Total Solution South Pacific

2lbs is good but I can see why you are disappointed with the overall loss. At least it is going in the right direction.
I know you are a very busy lady and with all the modifications to the house you are getting plenty of exercise.
Are you drinking 2-3L water a day on top of your soups/shakes? Maybe you should get your thyroid checked out could be hormonal? Just a thought. xx

Thanks Ali :)

I drink loads of water - sparkling, because not that fussed about plain.

Had bloods done a while back - trying ( and failing!) to find out the cause of a prolonged urticaria. Nothing abnormal.

Not on any medications, fit and healthy really.

Too old for the hormonal thing!!!

I found a website last night that calculates the BMR. Therein lies my problem I think. My BMR, because of my height, is only 1040 calories a day. Therefore my calorie deficit, even on a VLCD, isn't that large.

Can't exactly grow any taller so looks like this is the way it goes for me.

I do feel completely in control around food now, so despite the slow losses this has been the best thing ever for me.

Onwards and downwards.

The support here is invaluable. Great to come here and at least vent about it all.

Take care everyone :)

I have the same problem being 5' 2 3/4" lol I have been on this since 23rd Sept and lost just 38lbs I should be well at target by now but the way I look at it is as long as I don't gain any week then I am happy to lose slowly :)

Well if your BMR is quite low you need less cals so if I was you I'd do some more exercise on top of the VLCD - nothing too strenuous though! xx

nursetubs said:
I have the same problem being 5' 2 3/4" lol I have been on this since 23rd Sept and lost just 38lbs I should be well at target by now but the way I look at it is as long as I don't gain any week then I am happy to lose slowly :)

Grrr I'm 5'2 1/2"!!! Can't believe you are a whole 1/4" taller than me?! No fair!!

you guys really make me laugh x you are doing so well too - it actually makes me believe that all this is posssible... ps i am 5.11" and it aint all its cracked up to be when i wear heels my nose bleeds haha

you guys really make me laugh x you are doing so well too - it actually makes me believe that all this is posssible... ps i am 5.11" and it aint all its cracked up to be when i wear heels my nose bleeds haha

Hi there!

It's a funny old world for sure - we certainly do all come in every shape and size imaginable!

Good luck on your Exante journey. It works, honestly, just at different speeds for everyone! :)

Morning, Well done on your loss. Fair play to you for sticking with it for so long. 51lbs is fantastic! Have a great day :)

Thanks Lovin :)

Really wish it would work at a faster rate - I should have been at target ages ago if the 14 pounds a month were true!!

I refuse to give in though - I feel healthier than I have in a long while , and really in control around food.

So the loss might be slow, but I have learned so much on the way! :D

At least you're still loosing. If you could figure out what causes you STS 14lbs a month would be achieveable, as your other losses are really good. Body never does what you want it to do, does it ;)

Just downloaded the couch to 5k app - going to give that a try!!

Not a great one for exercise, but now the evenings are lighter I feel more motivated to give it a try! :)

Tell us about this app Darcy

It's free - which is good!!

It's a 9 week programme, of gradually increasing from a 30 minute walk to running 5K!!! :eek:

You play music of your choice as you walk, then voice instructions tell you when to start jogging and for how long. It builds up over the 9 weeks.

There are paid versions as well - presumably they are more 'bells and whistles' - but thought I'd give this a go first. :)

Thought it might help me speed things up a bit for me - I'd be grateful for any other advice about this dilemma :)

Back