Total Solution South Pacific

I feel the same, diabetes runs in my family and I really do not want that! I am the sort of person who feels guilty that their blood pressure is high so would love that to go down to normal! My shoulder is almost agony today and I am lucky in that I will have the op done privately but I cannot have it done until End of June anyway as I have a holiday to Chicago in May and I will struggle to get travel insurance at a reasonable price, my cover is quite expensive as I had bone cancer a few years ago so do not want it to go up more and I am going away with my girlfriends to Spain in June. I also feel the op will take a good couple of months to recover from.
The earliest I can have it done really would be the end of June and I could be in the 13's then! I then do not have a holiday until September so that would give me time to recover!
Where is your cruise going Darby, I do enjoy a cruise! We are thinking of doing one next year as Hubby and I are both 60....I know you have done a lot of cruises, we did an Alaskan cruise and added on a week in Vancouver for our 30th wedding anniversary and it was fab! Which of your cruises were your favourites? xx

I had some preconceived ideas about cruising, and always thought I would hate it......I’m quite shy and don’t do crowds, and thought a cruise would be my worst nightmare. I saw a cruise to Alaska advertised, and the itinerary looked great and was just for 7 days so I thought I’d give it a go. Well, to cut a long story short I fell in love with cruising that week 😀

It wasn’t at all like I expected......I found all sorts of quiet spots, the ship was beautiful and the crew a delight. Since then I’ve been blessed to do a lot of cruises.......mostly with Princess, but more recently with MSC. Princess have the edge on itineraries, but MSC ships are just stunning. I’d like a hybrid between the two 😊

I recently retired after a 42 year nursing career, so I’m spending my lump sum on travel this year. I’ve just come back from South America, and in 2 weeks time I’m cruising from Dubai to Yokohama - 28 days on the lovely MSC Splendida 🛳

My favourite destination is a tie between SE Asia and the South Pacific. Asia is just fascinating......and certainly the place to go for amazing sightseeing. The South Pacific is just beautiful, and perfect for sunshine and turquoise waters. I’d go back to either in a heartbeat 😊

Howling gale here again today........getting fed up with this weather!! 😏

Looking forward to the sunshine of Dubai in 12 days time ✈️🛳

More howling gales......truly fed up of this 😏

Can’t wait to see the sun again! ☀️

.......very soon though ✈️🛳

Blimey, well done Darcy, I would have to cut my foot off at the moment to lose that! Weight loss is a very funny thing! Not long till your gorgeous cruise either! xxx

Sorry to have been missing.......it’s been a funny week, with just about everything going wrong! I’ve been as sick as a dog, with the worst diarrhoea and vomiting bug ever 🤮

My TiVo box died, the bulb blew in my halogen lamp, I got a £30 fine for accidentally driving about 6 feet in a bus lane and today my tumble drier blew up 😕

So much for being super organised for my trip!

Thankfully my stomach is settling, Virgin were great and came out the next day to replace the TiVo and Curry’s are delivering a new drier tomorrow afternoon. So everything will be sorted pre holiday, but it’s still been a stressful week to say the least!

I’m flying to Dubai early on Wednesday morning, and I’m really hoping my trip will be drama free after all that! 😳

I’m getting nervous now, as well as excited......how I always feel the day before travel. My driver is picking me up at 03:30 tomorrow morning - ouch- then off to Heathrow for my 9am flight.

I know I have everything organised, but there’s always that last minute doubt in my head!! Mind you, there’s more than enough shopping malls in Dubai to cater for anything I might have forgotten 🤣🤣

Food wise, I’m just aiming to be sensible and eat like a ‘normal’ person. It would be amazing just not to gain anything.........losing and gaining the same pounds over and over is so wearying 😏

I’m aimimg for as low carb/high protein as I can, and plan to eat just one meal a day - dinner in the restaurant- and absolutely banning myself from the buffet!!

I have to get away from the ‘holidays are for eating’ thinking.........holidays are so much more than that 😊

Have the most fabulous time Darcy xx

9A97B323-F720-4C50-A4ED-9CCF966F9AAF.jpeg view from my hotel balcony 😊

Had a nice day in Dubai, pottering around the Marina area and took a pleasant ferry ride out to Atlantis the Palm 😊

Made a sensible lunch choice of chicken salad and have been drinking black coffee.......hopefully limiting any weight damage! ☺️

Sounds and looks blissful Darcy. Wise food choices too!
(I'm the old gigglepants btw, changed to my real name. Fresh start and all that) xx

Looks fantastic Darcy!! I really fancy Dubai but Hubby is not so keen, I am a bit envious! xxx

I was a bit unsure, being a solo female........but it is extremely clean, safe and friendly ☺️

Shopping malls by the dozen, and just about every type of restaurant you could think of!!!

English is widely spoken, and I’ve had no communication issues. Getting around is easy - taxis are cheap and plentiful, but I’ve been using the metro all day today - clean, inexpensive and efficient.

Just boarded the MSC Splendida, and drinking tea in the lounge ☺️

Just waiting for my luggage, then I can unpack and settle into my home for the next 28 days 😀

Back