Total Solution South Pacific

A big thank you to everyone for the support I've received here. I am truly grateful.

The past few weeks have been such a roller coaster of events and emotions. I have always been the one to cope with everything, and never in a million years did I think I would 'lose it' like I did.

Counselling has been very helpful in looking at it from a different perspective. I feel better now, am sleeping and back at work. Unpleasant as it was, it was a useful lesson in realising I am not superwoman!!!:eek:

I have done some - long overdue - straight talking with my Dad and siblings. It was not easy, but I feel better for it. I need, and deserve, a life of my own and that had somehow become lost along the way.

So, I am off to see the flat this afternoon. My hallway is jammed with Argos boxes to get over there, and the bedroom furniture needs to be moved. The next few weeks will be busy with all the practicalities I know, but then things should settle.

I am off on holiday on September 20th. If I can see him all sorted before, I can go away in peace.

I had hoped to be at goal weight by then, but that's not going to happen :rolleyes:

......one day at a time :D

Sounds like everything is coming together for you and your Dad and your head is in a better place emotionally. Both your Dad and siblings probably needed to hear what you have said to them and can appreciate the difficult position life had put you in. I am sure they love you and will hopefully start to acknowledge your needs alongside their own from now on.

Good luck with all the arrangements and look forward to a lovely relaxing holiday with time for yourself. XX

Oh Darcy I'm so glad everything's looking up :) happy the counselling has helped and you've had the courage to tell everyone what it's like from your point of view
You've been so strong and brave hunny x
So glad you've got a holiday booked you bloody deserve it! Make sure you enjoy it ;) xxx

Hi everyone

Have a horrible cold on top of everything else :mad:

......a gift from someone at work!

Just spent a very frustrating 30 minutes on the phone to BT, but think I have the phone connection to the flat sorted.

Plan is to hire a van next weekend, and move all the furniture in.

My house looks like an Argos warehouse now, and how I am going to get rid of all this cardboard is anyone's guess!! :eek:

.....but, progress is being made and the end is in sight.

On a bright note for myself, I have booked my car to take me to Southampton next month to join my cruise. I had so wanted to be slim for this, but there we go. I am going to rest and recuperate from the horrible past few months. No phone, no contact with home, my siblings can just get on with it. I plan to sleep, swim, go to the spa and relax!! I'm not even sure that I will bother getting off the ship to be honest - I haven't booked any excursions. It's a trip round the Med, so I plan to take each day as it comes.

Darcy x

Sounds lovely Darcy, my cruise is not till Dec and I can't wait. After the year we have both had I think we both deserve some me time, and I for one will make sure I thoroughly enjoy it regardless of what size I am when I go.

Hope you have a lovely time and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Just out of interest hat cruise line are you going with?

XX

Sounds lovely Darcy, my cruise is not till Dec and I can't wait. After the year we have both had I think we both deserve some me time, and I for one will make sure I thoroughly enjoy it regardless of what size I am when I go.

Hope you have a lovely time and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Just out of interest hat cruise line are you going with?

XX

Hi there

I am going with Princess. This will be my 4th cruise with them, and have loved every minute. Very relaxed, and the ships are just lovely. I have found the crew just amazing - I travel alone, and always feel like a queen!

Where are you cruising?

As you say, we both deserve a break!

Hi Darcy, I've never cruised with Princess but sounds fab. I have gone with P & O before but this time we are going on Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to New York and then the Caribbean, back to New York then return to Southampton - 26 nights from 15th Dec so we will be away for Xmas and New Year. I have never been abroad for Xmas before and am looking forward to no food shopping, cooking etc for a change (I do like cooking but will enjoy being waited on for once).

We were going with Mum and Dad so obviously Dad's death has put paid to that but Mum has thought long and hard about it and still wants to come which is great. As I said to her, it doesn't matter which table we are sat at, we will all still be conscious of the metaphoric 'empty chair' as it is an emotive time of year (my 18yr old daughter died unexpectedly 4 years ago and Christmas has always brought the loss home quite keenly). At least the distraction of the cruise and shore excursions etc will help keep us from brooding too much.

Sorry if I sound maudling, I really am looking forward to going.

Hope yours is as great as your previous ones. XX

Hi Darcy, I've never cruised with Princess but sounds fab. I have gone with P & O before but this time we are going on Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to New York and then the Caribbean, back to New York then return to Southampton - 26 nights from 15th Dec so we will be away for Xmas and New Year. I have never been abroad for Xmas before and am looking forward to no food shopping, cooking etc for a change (I do like cooking but will enjoy being waited on for once).

We were going with Mum and Dad so obviously Dad's death has put paid to that but Mum has thought long and hard about it and still wants to come which is great. As I said to her, it doesn't matter which table we are sat at, we will all still be conscious of the metaphoric 'empty chair' as it is an emotive time of year (my 18yr old daughter died unexpectedly 4 years ago and Christmas has always brought the loss home quite keenly). At least the distraction of the cruise and shore excursions etc will help keep us from brooding too much.

Sorry if I sound maudling, I really am looking forward to going.

Hope yours is as great as your previous ones. XX

You so much deserve this break. Go, relax and just enjoy every minute - I intend to! :D

Good afternoon Darcy, hope you're well.

Both you and Footie are deserving your holidays, been a tough year for both of you. Hope you enjoy xx

Hi Darcy, how are things with you? Has your dad moved in yet and your hallway is clear of Argos boxes?
You're a trooper and you deserve a break.
I'm glad the counselling worked out well and you now realise that you need the help and can delegate to your siblings ;)

Chat soon hun xx

Good morning Darcy, hope you're well and the move goes to plan xx

Hello all :)

Mad busy weekend moving stuff into Dad's new home. He moves in himself tomorrow afternoon.

My siblings all came down, with partners in tow. We hired a van, which my brother drove. Everyone worked really hard and we moved everything in by tea time yesterday. My lovely nephew drove the mobility scooter up - that was good for a laugh!!

I have been back there today after buying half of Morrison's for his kitchen! Then I had to go and pack up the stuff from his temporary home and go to the shopping centre and pick up some curtains - I'll put them up later this week, too tired now.

He seems content, and I have to say the flat is very nice - as are the staff I have met.

Finally I can see an end in sight.

My sister in law even blitzed round my house while I was out unloading the first van load - so things here look so much better too. Just a bit more sorting to do, the blinds to be fitted next week, and I'm done :D

Just a few weeks to my cruise, and finally a chance to completely relax :D

Well done Darcy. Really sounds like things are coming together for you and your Dad and that your family have all mucked in to help.

Bet you can't wait for your cruise and now that things are on a more even keel (scuse the pun) you should be able to relax and really enjoy it without worrying yourself silly about things at home.

Keep up the good work. XX

Hello all

Dad is safely moved in :)

I am so relieved he is finally settled. Hopefully now I can go on and live my life instead of his.

The blinds are being fitted next week, the garden is finished, so that should see my house complete!!!!

Off next Saturday on my long weekend cruise. 3 days of doing nothing but swimming, reading and going to the spa!!!! I can't wait.

And breathe...:)

Back