Total Solution South Pacific

In Plymouth today for work.

Foggy drive down, now the sun is shining in a beautiful blue sky :D

3 weeks to holiday time - yay!!!!

Oh dear :cry::cry:

Have had a bit of an accident with my car.

Misjudged a very tight turn and hit a bollard, damaged the door.

Very sad as the car is only a few months old:sigh:

Don't really need this right now in my life - 3 weeks before a big holiday.

I know the insurance will pay, but.............

Feel a bit fed up now.

Oh dear, well as long as you not hurt...as my dad always says! Paint can always be fixed!!
Look forward to hols and focus on that and being skinnier to go with...on your super douper journey!

Thanks Dawn!

How funny - that's exactly what my Dad said when I got home!

If I hadn't got lost on the way back to the motorway I would never have been in the narrow street in the first place :sigh:

Just such a pain getting it into the garage, hire car and all that business.......oh well, what's done is done.

Oh I'm sorry Darcy :( glad you are ok xxxx

Thank you DQ :)

The insurance have been very good about it and the car is booked into the garage next week. Hopefully then I'll get it back before I go away.

Crazy how much it has upset me. No one was hurt, and it will all be fixed - but I can't seem to put it out of mind at the moment.

Still, the sun is shining and the weekend is here.........so I'll try to cheer up now :)

Weigh in today, and 3 pounds down :)

Finished packing toiletries and 'stuff' yesterday. Picked up my evening dress from being shortened - fits nicely now.

Need to do some housework today, though I'd much rather sit and enjoy the sunshine :D

Onwards and downwards we go :)

I just had an amazing thought.

All that upset with the car, and you know what? Food never entered my mind :eek::eek:

In fact, thinking back I only had one soup all that day.

Have I finally cracked the comfort eating thing??

:8855::8855:

Last edited:
Just read through you entire diary ~ wow! You're doing amazing. I seem to be a 4lb a week girl and thought I was doing something a bit wrong but it seems to be about right after reading all the comments on your diary. Hope you have a fantastic time on your holiday. We went to the South Pacific on honeymoon 10 years ago, Tahiti and Moorea ~ it was unbelievable! We did a cruise last year to the Caribbean for 20 nights and I felt like royalty! So you are going to have the most wonderful time combining both ~ I'm so envious. I just wish I had found this diet before the cruise and had done what you're doing. Enjoy!! :)

Hi Joolz!

Thank you for the comments!

I am so pleased to have lost at least some weight before I go on holiday.

I have only done one cruise so far - and that was only 7 days - in Alaska. I really enjoyed it!

So, 28 days in the South Pacific should be great!! I have been saving to do this for a long time!

Now I can get into a swimming costume without looking too scary, I hope to snorkel in Moorea. I treated myself to an underwater camera in anticipation!

The snorkelling is amazing in Moorea ~ first time I'd ever done it and became totally addicted. I be scared of frightening the fish now lol! You'll love it and the water is so warm and crystal clear and the people are soooo friendly. We would like to go back someday but it needs a lot of saving up for. You'll come back with some beautiful photos and even more incredible memories xx

Feeling quite virtuous ;)

Just back from an hour's walk to the local park :)

As I am not one for exercise I feel quite proud!

Boy I'm hot now though, so treated myself to a coke zero.

Hopefully a few more pounds sweated off for that Moorea snorkelling trip :D

Joolz, any tips about French Polynesia? A new part of the world for me.

No specific tips - people there are truly lovely - food amazing and usually caught or picked that day - we got tons of really good info from lonely planet travel guides and trip advisor - one great thing is no spiders or snakes lol!

Hi Darcy, I've just read through your diary and what a fantastic journey.
You are so motivated and the end goal of a cruise is just wonderful, and snorkelling :D

Enjoy xx

Back