Total Solution South Pacific

Hi Darcy lol at blinds instead of curtains. I know what you mean about too much clutter but I like seeing them either side of the window!

Did your dad come home and settled?
How was your re-start? Haven't had time to catch up on diaries, don't know what I've been doing prob working!! Lol

Hi everyone :)

Waiting for my nephew to come and help me set up the new TV in the lounge, then put the old one in my bedroom.

Have turfed out several more sacks for the charity shop - trouble is, they are cluttering the hallway until I can get them to the shop on Wednesday.

Progress is being made in the house - but I am a bit stuck as the lounge floor is not quite finished, so can't put a wall unit back and replace the ornaments and photos. In the meantime, all that stuff is in boxes in my bedroom!

.....it's a bit like a puzzle in the house really, can't finish it without all the pieces!

Exante is going fine - not going to weigh for a couple of weeks. Very scary how easy - and fast - I put weight on. Has been a hard but useful lesson for maintenance though - just how few calories I really need.

I feel better today than I have in a while. I must admit to being very stressed - probably a bit depressed in truth - in recent weeks. Work, my Dad, the house.....it all just got a bit much.

Today I feel good though, and motivated to get more sorting done!

Have a good day everyone :D

Hi Darcy lol at blinds instead of curtains. I know what you mean about too much clutter but I like seeing them either side of the window!

Did your dad come home and settled?
How was your re-start? Haven't had time to catch up on diaries, don't know what I've been doing prob working!! Lol

Hi Ali

Dad is back home. I must confess the 2 weeks without him was so relaxing. He really is hard work, and getting more so. Not much I can do about it - just take each day as it comes and look forward to the next respite stay.

The blinds are for the lounge. Complicated, and boring story!! I live in a 4 storey town house and the lounge is upstairs. Window cleaners aren't insured for the height so only way to clean the windows is to have tilt and turn. As they open at the top, curtains are tricky and have to be on a really wide extension bracket to clear the top of the windows when they are opened. Curtains have always looked odd to me as they were so far into the room.

Discovered integral blinds - sandwiched between the glass, opened with a magnet on the outer window frame. Not a cheap option at all - but should last for many years. No cleaning, no clutter. Probably 6 weeks to get them made now, then fitting.

My renovation scheme is going to take a lot longer - and more money - than I ever imagined!! I think it will be worth it in the end though.

An endowment plan matured for me this year - after paying into it for 25 years. It was going to be for retirement, but then I decided to spend it on the house. After all it's my home, and why not be comfortable? It was good timing - no way would I have been able to afford it otherwise! :D

Awww hun I admire you for coping so well. It does get harder the more dependent they become and you don't realise it until you get that break :(

The blinds are a fab idea and you're right to enjoy the money while you can and you are using it so wisely. You can sit back and think 'I did that!'

Remember to take time and spoil yourself occasionally too. Take care hun xxx

So film night at yours? ;)

You'd be very welcome - but have to sit on the floor at the minute!! :eek:

Just finished unpacking the last of the DVD's - finally getting to put some things away rather than shifting them from place to place!

Where's the sunshine? It's really cold here today - but I'm not putting the heating on in June!

.....or perhaps it's ketosis cold? :rolleyes:

Good afternoon Darcy, sounds like you're seeing some light at the end of the tunnel!

Freezing here too. Am sitting wrapped up in a throw and wanting the loo, but don't want to move! :winter_brr: Hope you're well:hug99: xx

Darcy15 said:

Just finished unpacking the last of the DVD's - finally getting to put some things away rather than shifting them from place to place!

Where's the sunshine? It's really cold here today - but I'm not putting the heating on in June!

Nope it's freezing, we've had fire on last couple of nights and duh has electric blanket on. !!!!!

Good afternoon Darcy, sounds like you're seeing some light at the end of the tunnel!

Freezing here too. Am sitting wrapped up in a throw and wanting the loo, but don't want to move! :winter_brr: Hope you're well:hug99: xx

Crazy weather! Boiling hot last week, now freezing. Had to relent and put the heating on in the end - not sitting here shivering all night!

It's freakin' freezing!! I am sitting here in my thermals but frozen through. Going to have a bath later once I've put the horses to bed, then hide under my duvet as it's too big a house to heat in June!

Darcy15 said:

Beanbags? ;)

Morning everyone

Another day of sorting at Darcy Manor :D

Hopefully I can get some stuff out of the hallway to the charity shop today - that will help a lot. Another 4 sacks of clothes are going! :eek:.......amongst other 'stuff'

Diet wise, I feel very much back in the zone. Just want to lose the weight I gained as fast as possible, then onwards and downwards :)

DustQueen said:
I pulled my stairs and front room carpet up yesterday because they're old and ugly :) made me think of you lol

Lol because my house has no carpets not because you're old and ugly :S opps sorry!!! Should watch my wording lol

Back