Total Solution South Pacific

Hi Darcy, great to hear that life is returning to normal again after all the upset. I am certain with your iron willpower that those extra pounds will be passengers for a very short journey.

Best wishes,

Conor x

Good morning Darcy.

I missed your post about your Dad going into respite, hopefully it will lead to permanent care in a home once the 6 weeks are over. Stay strong hun xx

Hello everyone

Not been on here for a few days - work issues mostly, trying to sort out the backlog after my absence.

Enjoying the sunshine I must say :)

Diet wise have had a few ups and downs :eek:

Hi Darcy, how are you hun? Have a good day xx

Hi Darcy, how are you hun? Have a good day xx

Hi Ali

I am doing ok thanks :)

Had some friends over last night - something I haven't been able to do in ages because of my Dad - had a lovely girlie night, laughing and chatting.

Still not quite myself yet - anxious at times - but I'm getting there!

Good afternoon Darcy, you're sounding much more positive. Hope you're starting to feel it hun xx

Good afternoon Darcy, you're sounding much more positive. Hope you're starting to feel it hun xx

Thank you Giggles

I'm doing ok - but still have anxious moments

The social worker phoned yesterday, and seems hopeful of a place in sheltered housing. Good news, but now I'm torturing myself with worrying about all the practicalities of that.

I know this will all pass, and things get sorted, but it seems a long road at present.

I'm working in Taunton today - the first time I have been away from base since I was off sick - and I think that's why I feel super anxious today.

Good afternoon Darcy, I think you're doing amazing hun, I truly do xx

Just take one day at a time and try to just focus on that. Try not to worry about tomorrow (easier said than done, I know!)

Fab news about the Sheltered housing. Sounds like it will give your dad the independence he thinks he can cope with plus the added safety net of help nearby if he needs it.
Then if he can't cope, you'll have a third party witnessing it and advising that he goes into care.

Good afternoon Darcy, I think you're doing amazing hun, I truly do xx

Just take one day at a time and try to just focus on that. Try not to worry about tomorrow (easier said than done, I know!)

Fab news about the Sheltered housing. Sounds like it will give your dad the independence he thinks he can cope with plus the added safety net of help nearby if he needs it.
Then if he can't cope, you'll have a third party witnessing it and advising that he goes into care.

Thank you Giggles :)

Have a meeting this afternoon with the social worker. My sister is coming from London to attend with me, which is great.

I am on holiday from work next week, so hopefully can get some things done then, and be a bit more organised with it all.

I am away on holiday in mid September, so really would love to see him settled before I go away if possible.

I'm getting there - bit by bit!!

Glad you have some support from your sister, you have been coping on your own far too long.
How is your dad now? Is he getting about at all?

Glad you have some support from your sister, you have been coping on your own far too long.
How is your dad now? Is he getting about at all?

Hi Ali

Dad can walk a very short distance, no more.

The meeting went well. He has a firm offer of a flat in a local very sheltered housing scheme. He's pleased, and seems content.

I now have all the practicalities to work out. Furnishing, kitchen stuff etc- and how to get it all there. My brothers will help - but, it's trying to find a day when everyone is available. We haven't got the key yet either. I'm hoping to do it the weekend of 18th August with any luck. Then I can see him settled in before I go away on my holiday.

My own home is still not entirely straightened out either - other events rather took over!

Still, there does seem to be a resolution on the horizon :)

Well done Darcy, this all sounds really positive.

These few weeks will be manic with lots to organise and practicalities to deal with but just think how much more relaxed you will feel when you know Dad is settled and secure in his new home. I appreciate things might change over time but money can't buy peace of mind and at least for now you know you are doing the best you can for him.

Good luck with all the organisation. XX

Good morning Darcy. Glad to read how you're finally seeing some light hun and as Footie says good luck with all the organisation xx

Hope Friday brought you some comforting memories Footie, and went as well as it could do xx

Hugs to you both :hug99: xx

Well done Darcy, this all sounds really positive.

These few weeks will be manic with lots to organise and practicalities to deal with but just think how much more relaxed you will feel when you know Dad is settled and secure in his new home. I appreciate things might change over time but money can't buy peace of mind and at least for now you know you are doing the best you can for him.

Good luck with all the organisation. XX

Thank you :)

I am going to see the flat this afternoon, and then plan what we need to buy.

I'm hoping that he will be settled in safely before I go on holiday - then I can truly relax.

I truly appreciate your support. Hope that you are doing ok.

Good morning Darcy. Glad to read how you're finally seeing some light hun and as Footie says good luck with all the organisation xx

Hope Friday brought you some comforting memories Footie, and went as well as it could do xx

Hugs to you both :hug99: xx

Thank you Giggles :)

Back