Total Solution South Pacific

What a day yesterday :(

Took over 5 hours to drive 55 miles home from Taunton - what a nightmare - got home after 9pm.

Traffic chaos all the way :sigh:

.......but at least my house is not flooded, so I shouldn't complain :)

Oh bless you that's awful! I cannot believe this weather, it's horrible isn't it! xx

Spent half the night in the hospital with my Dad - ward staff phoned me at midnight

He has another chest infection......and I'm not sure he will recover

Difficult times :cry:

sorry to hear about your dad darcy, i know how difficult it is my mum terminally ill and it is really difficult keep your chin up . its all you can do big hugs xx

Love to you and your dad Darcy. XXX

Hey Darcy, have just seen this. I'm so sorry I hope he makes a recovery :hug99: This time last year the same happened with my dad, it was so, so tough and he ended up staying in over Christmas and wasn't home till January and then couldn't go out because of the weather till about march/april but he's gotten so much better since (still has chronic bronchitis, COPD etc which is why he's susceptible in the first place). This winter he's been prescribed antibiotics that as soon as he feels the tiniest bit of infection coming he can start taking immediately rather than making Dr appointments etc. I hope your dad gets better and they look after him properly xxx

Hey Darcy, have just seen this. I'm so sorry I hope he makes a recovery :hug99: This time last year the same happened with my dad, it was so, so tough and he ended up staying in over Christmas and wasn't home till January and then couldn't go out because of the weather till about march/april but he's gotten so much better since (still has chronic bronchitis, COPD etc which is why he's susceptible in the first place). This winter he's been prescribed antibiotics that as soon as he feels the tiniest bit of infection coming he can start taking immediately rather than making Dr appointments etc. I hope your dad gets better and they look after him properly xxx

Thank you.

He seems to have stabilised a bit.

We just lurch from one crisis to another - and I'm just exhausted with it all to be very honest.

Darcy15 said:
Thank you.

He seems to have stabilised a bit.

We just lurch from one crisis to another - and I'm just exhausted with it all to be very honest.

Hey sweetie x glad he's stabilised hope it's still ok x no wonder you are exhausted its been a very stressful few months for you x

hope you are doing o.k darcy x

Thanks to eveyone for their support

Spent the whole weekend cleaning Dad's flat - it was pretty yucky to be honest - and doing a pile of laundry for him

Been back and forth to the hospital most nights, as well as working all day so I'm pretty tired

He's much the same - no idea what the plan for discharge is, so will cross that bridge when we come to it.

When I'm not at the hospital he's phoning me a lot as well - which is very exhausting. Had a phone call today in fact - at work - which scared the life out of me as it was one of the nurses. What did he want this time? Jaffa cakes!!!!!!! I was pretty cross to be honest, though I tried hard not to be.

On and on it goes..........:(

Oh Darcy my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Be strong honey, be strong.

Stapo
X

A quick update to say I'm still around :)

Dad is being discharged in the next few days. After a litany of phone calls, the amended care package is in place for him.

Will have to see how it goes.......

Diet wise, things have been awful. Comfort eating constantly :cry:

My plan is to start over in the new year, when hopefully I can put the ghastly last few months behind me.

Just to say I'm still around :)

Christmas was.........um, difficult :sigh:

Hoping that 2013 will bring better things all round

Happy New Year to one and all :)

Sorry Darcy - I hope 2013 is a much better year for you xx

Hi Darcy, I'm back too.

Let's draw a line under last year and nail this diet once and for all.

:hug99:xx

Hi Darcy, I'm back too.

Let's draw a line under last year and nail this diet once and for all.

:hug99:xx

Absolutely! :D

Lucky enough to be setting off for a trip to the Caribbean tomorrow morning - hoping for some sunshine and rest.

The siblings will have to deal with any issues with Dad - I have sorted out as much as I can in advance.

I feel heartily ashamed of myself for how much weight I have put back on :cry:

......but, this is a New Year and a new start :)

Ahhh Darcy, have a fab holiday then come back and knuckle down!

You so deserve this break, enjoy it xx

Ahhh Darcy, have a fab holiday then come back and knuckle down!

You so deserve this break, enjoy it xx

Thank you Giggles!

I am on the beautiful Emerald Princess, en route to the Bahamas. Today was sunny and hot. I feel very fortunate to be here I must say.

The plane trip brought home to me how much weight I have put back on - the seat belt barely fitted :cry:

...but, I have started my ticker again and this time I WILL conquer my demons!!! I plan to just eat fruit and salad on board, and back to Exante when I get home.

We can do this together :)

Back