Spaghetti Bolognaise

Aiiiiisha

Hello :)

After having a disaster with my very first meal pack tasting manky last night I thought that I wouldn't be taking any chances today so I armed myself with my spice tin and the results were quite nice so I thought I'd share my take on the spaghetti bolognaise with you :D

Please note that coming from a Pakistani background I'm used to having spicy meals so please adjust the amount of chilli/spice to your own taste :)

Ingredients:

1 sachet Spaghetti Bolognaise
180ml boiling water
1/4 teaspoon each of dried coriander powder,red chilli flakes and salt.

Method:

Mix 180ml boiling water with the contents of the packet in a saucepan and add the salt and spices. Stir and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes. Transfer into a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until the spaghetti is cooked to your liking. You can add more black pepper at this point if you like.

I'll be experimenting with the other packs too and I'll post those if they're nice.

Over n out for now :)

Aisha

Last edited:
So I tried the shepherds pie for dinner tonight and I made it as directed on the pack but I added a little sprinkle of chopped fresh coriander leaves and a little fresh green chilli before I put it in the microwave = De-lish!! :)

Aisha

I'm still yet to try the meals as I have had disasters with other VLCD meals...I think i'll order 1 of the shepards pie and spag bol next time I place an order to see how I get on....the spicier the better in my opinion ;-)

I'm still yet to try the meals as I have had disasters with other VLCD meals...I think i'll order 1 of the shepards pie and spag bol next time I place an order to see how I get on....the spicier the better in my opinion ;-)

I quite liked the shepherds pie and the spaghetti bolognaise. I'll be trying the red bean chilli later so I'll report on that tonight.

I think the fresh chilli and herbs really brings out the flavour makes you feel that you're eating a fresh meal so you don't feel deprived :)

Aisha

That's the other thing, I don't really like processed foods...the shakes aren't too bad, but I make everything from scratch, so eating something out of a packet feels a bit wrong :-s

That's the other thing, I don't really like processed foods...the shakes aren't too bad, but I make everything from scratch, so eating something out of a packet feels a bit wrong :-s

I'm the same but it is what it is and we need to make the most of it I'm afraid. I really want to try the mock cauliflower rice but I don't want to suffer from windy pops in the office tomorrow lol

Aisha

Cauliflower rice is good....I haven't noticed any wind issues (I'd defo notice) as long as you don't go mad with it it's fine...my OH even asked for me to do him some the other day with his curry :).

I've heard such mixed things about the ready meals I just don't know if I'm brave enough....after the CD ones I'm actually scared to try them as they were so vile lol

Cauliflower rice is good....I haven't noticed any wind issues (I'd defo notice) as long as you don't go mad with it it's fine...my OH even asked for me to do him some the other day with his curry :).

I've heard such mixed things about the ready meals I just don't know if I'm brave enough....after the CD ones I'm actually scared to try them as they were so vile lol

I'll have to give the cauliflower rice ago because I can add that to my meals on a hungry day.

I like the shepherds pie, spaghetti bolognaise and the red bean chilli but only because I spice them up a bit. You should order a couple of packs to see how you like them...I've read a few peoples posts on here saying that they prefer the Exante meals to the CD ones :)

Aisha

Ok, so Cauliflower rice - can anyone advise how? Sounds good to me :)

Mm the cauliflower rice sounds good. Can you have it on TS?

I really like like the meals, don't get me wrong I'm craving fresh stuff, but they sort of hit the spot when you want something savory. Not tried the Cambridge ones though so can't compare

I love the spag bol! And the shepards pie was nice, i just added black pepper and a sprinkle of chilli flakes, was pretty good! x

I feel the same - all that powder and water can't be good for me - is what my head thinks! But it's all nutritionally balanced so it should be fine :)

We all do what we have to to lose weight. I too make all my meals from scratch. I have been eating the wrong things so now it's time to do a reset and that means eating weird powdered Spag Bol!
I added oregano black pepper garlic powder and a little bit of salt to mine and it was good although I feel it could have done with more acidity and less creaminess if that makes sense.

I am on my third day so far and really enjoy the spag bol and shepherds pie! The cinnamon porridge is to die for and so is the lemon bars! The peanut ones are not too bad either! The beef casserole is rank along with the cherry and berry shake (euch!)

I am on my third day so far and really enjoy the spag bol and shepherds pie! The cinnamon porridge is to die for and so is the lemon bars! The peanut ones are not too bad either! The beef casserole is rank along with the cherry and berry shake (euch!)
Oh no, I wish I'd read this BEFORE ordering a 7 pack box of cherry and berry shake! :oops:

Back