spare motivation?

nettie

Gold Member
Hi everyone...
I am going CRAZY here!!
I have an assignment due in on Monday which I need to post by Thursday and I still have 2,452 words to write out of 6,000 words. I can feel the stress now and I'm totally panicking, I work fulltime so literally only have the evenings to do this and I have hardly seen my children this evening which makes me feel terrible!
Anyway... I NEEEEEEDDD a massive bar of galaxy cookie before I go insane. I cant use some syns as I know if i start I won't stop, I could actually cry.
So sorry for going on, I'm sure you don't want to hear me moaning... I just need to let it out :cry::cry:

Nettie - we all have moments like this, I know how you feel in terms to spending time with your children, it sounds like your under a lot of pressure at the moment and its one of many factors that can make us feel the need to indulge, do you have any snacks around that you could fill up on... I love the alpen light bars, you can get ones with chocolate in that can be eaten syn free... 2 of them, providing there the light ones, as your healthy extra b.

But most importantly Nettie, dont be to hard on yourself, yes, your busy with work and assignments, but im sure your children dont hold it against you, kids have a way of amusing themselves... whenever im struggling to find time for my daughter, i think about the past, i have always been around, since day one, im her mother, i woke with her in the nights and care for her when she felt sick, we go to the park at weekends etc, she wont grow up remembering the one day i didnt have the spare hour to spend much time with her... im sure :)

I suffer quite badly with post natal depression and am currently grieving for the death of my father, when its at its worst, sure, im naughty with food, at the weekend i eat no end of gravy of a bowl of highly sinning mash potato... then today i walked a long way, only had 5 syns all day and took my dog for a long run this evening to make up for it...

were all human, we all need to syn occasionally, just like it says in your signature, think positive and positive things will happen!

Hi nettie, I didn't want to read and run. I've been in the same boat recently had an assignment due last week and I was so stressed! Just try and take one day at a time and think that once this is handed in then you can spend loads of time with the kids, try not to feel guilty. I know that it's easy to say and harder to get your head around but please don't think less of yourself you are doing great and today is just a little blip in the road. We are here for you :bighug:everyone has to let it out once in a while or we would crack up :silly: xxx

Thank you so much for the reply... I dont think it's helped by the fact that I really need some quiet and my inlaws are here and now my next door neighbour has just arrived!
You're right about my children, they have had a very fun evening knowing I'm not watching them... their bedrooms are a tip! haha
It's funny how I spend all day reassuring parents about their children and encouraging them to gain qualifications telling them it's never too late etc (I am a Children's Centre Manager) and yet I'm hard on myself. Like you say I am under alot of pressure and I know that I also have a pile of paper work I should also be doing right now.
I'll get there... with or without chocolate :)

Hi nettie, I didn't want to read and run. I've been in the same boat recently had an assignment due last week and I was so stressed! Just try and take one day at a time and think that once this is handed in then you can spend loads of time with the kids, try not to feel guilty. I know that it's easy to say and harder to get your head around but please don't think less of yourself you are doing great and today is just a little blip in the road. We are here for you :bighug:everyone has to let it out once in a while or we would crack up :silly: xxx

I hate assignments... they take over your life dont they :sigh:
Thanks for the kind words and I do feel better just letting it out :)

I'm here for you any time just shout! Assignments are the devil! I've got another 3 modules left on this blooming uni course work has sent me on and I'm dreading them! silly silly things!

Back