special chow main surely this is to low in points

I managed to squeeze in TWO Special Chow Meins over the week :eek: i pointed them at 9 propoints and lost 5 pounds when i got weighed. it does seem hard to believe that they are 9 points but if the book says they are then they must be lol :D

Had a special chow mein tonight and whoa...

I know it's egg noodles but there was SO MUCH in that plastic tub. I ate all the meat off the top and the egg (surely about 4pp at least in that??) and left about half the noodles. Will probably want them in a couple of hours though. I've pointed it at 12pp but know it's probably more. Have had a very low point day today - lots of fruit and veg and little else - but am still really worried about it now. Hope I don't gain from it. :(

Sneeze said:
Had a special chow mein tonight and whoa...

I know it's egg noodles but there was SO MUCH in that plastic tub. I ate all the meat off the top and the egg (surely about 4pp at least in that??) and left about half the noodles. Will probably want them in a couple of hours though. I've pointed it at 12pp but know it's probably more. Have had a very low point day today - lots of fruit and veg and little else - but am still really worried about it now. Hope I don't gain from it. :(

Had my second king prawn one this week tonite & portion of beansprouts, stuffed! No meat in mine obviously and no egg (must make them differently), I'll know on wed if im pointing it wrong (8/9 pp)!!!!!

Maybe if u think special is too high switch it for chicken or prawn, but hopefully ul be ok :)

Chicken chow mein queries

Hi - I treat myself to chicken chow mien last night. I'd love it to be 9pps but as a pack of supernoodles is 14pps I don't think it can be.

Supernoodles were more points than chow
Mein on the old plan too. All I know is that I ate a lot of it on the old plan and I eat a lot on this plan and I loose. Sometimes a good thing can be true!! :)

Hi - I treat myself to chicken chow mien last night. I'd love it to be 9pps but as a pack of supernoodles is 14pps I don't think it can be.

It IS, honestly, trust the books. Chinese has ALWAYS been low in points... Super Noodles are a hell of a lot more unhealthy than cooked food.

Just believe what youre told by the WW experts and enjoy the diet

like Starlight has said it is true honestly special chow mein is 9pp, mushroom chow mein 6pp, plain noodles 6pp and chicken chow mein 8pp and think beef would be high like special chow mein at 9pp also

Plus isn't the special chow mein made with egg noodles which are less than regular noodles? Thats the only way I could justify mine on Saturday. And I still pointed it at 12pp rather than 9pp because since everywhere makes it differently it must be hard to quantify.

Me and my Hubby used to have a chicken donor on the Discover plan, but looking at this im sure he will give Chow Mein a bash :)

I must admit a few wks ago i had 3 chowmeins in a wk :eek: but i still lost 3lbs:eek:
But the day after i always drink loads of water just in case its had loads of salt in.
I've noticed that i hold water and when i have a sneaky peak at the scales and they are a sts i up my water and i get a loss.
I'm having a mushroom chowmein tonight:eat:, its my first for a while! Lol.

I'm having chicken chow mein tonight and will point it as 8. I'll trust the Eating Out Guide and you lot!!!! :p x x

Tbh i always point the chicken chowmein higher sometimes i double it depending on where i buy it from, some chinese takeaways chowmeins are massive.

purple_rain said:
Tbh i always point the chicken chowmein higher sometimes i double it depending on where i buy it from, some chinese takeaways chowmeins are massive.

I just had a veg chowmein in a long silver tray. Was going to point it at 6, but it just feels way too little for something soooooo yummie :))

I had a veg spring role too, I seen on another post a spring role is 9, so was thinking maybe 6 for s veg one??? I had about a handfull of chips aswell, but actually don't hve a clue what to point them.

In the eating out guide it just says spring rolls are 9 points, I assumed that was for the vegetable ones though lol the big ones though not the mini ones

Back