Spinning

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by amylou87, 1 March 2010 Social URL.

1. amylou87

amylou87 Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    none really, am just cutting down and upping the exercise
    anyone tried it?is it effective?how many attempts before i start to feel the benefits...im going for the first time tonight and im worried that i wont be able to keep up...always self conscious at the gym really.im more of a cross trainer person but thought would try something different.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nikci28

nikci28 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.59%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating lifestyle change
    Hiya

Hope your spinning class went well, I have just started spinning again. Its a great calorie burner and i still ache after my class on friday. If you did it once a week im sure your notice the difference sooner enough.
    Let me know how you get on, I am doing spinning as have signed up for 26 mile bike ride at the end of march....... Mad i know x
    Nikki

4. amylou87

amylou87 Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    none really, am just cutting down and upping the exercise
    im aiming for once a week.it wasnt all too bad although i did have to stop 10 mins before the end and just go at my own cycling pace...i think/hope it will ghet easier over the next few weeks...i may have to get on those bikes in the gym to strengthen up the old legs.
    and yes you are mad for a 26 miler haha but think how good you will feel at the end of it when you achieve it

5. nikci28

nikci28 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.59%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating lifestyle change
    Hiya

Well done for surviving the spin class. I would recommend the bikes in the gym to strengthen your legs, also do some weights as they help too.
    Nikki

6. lindsay88

lindsay88 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    WW Discover plan
    I'm a spin fan took me a while to get into it and over the pain lol but its a great calorie burner i do a 45 min class at least twice a week glad it went ok keep at it, it will get easier! :) xx

7. KookieDoh

KookieDoh Ugly duckling going Swan.

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I love spinning but didn't want to attend a regular class so have a bike at home and a DVD. Rides is a good range of indoor cycling DVDs. All you need is a bike with adjustable resistance.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.