Squeezes diary week 1

Wow im so glad your in the zone! Me 2. Never thought i would be but it took me 15 days to get there! Your mind is set and even i actually believe you WILL reach ur goal! Good goung babe! Keep it up x

aw thanks :) and well done for getting in the zone! I do feel so confident that I will achieve this, but little bits offear keeps creeping in!

I started having a read around online about people who have used extreme ketogenic diets like this, and all the information warned that the success was shortlived as our metabolism is slowed so much that its difficult to maintain any loss afterwards. And im starting to really worry that even if i do reach my goal that I wont be able to stay slim. Its freaking me out a bit. Im just trying to focus on staying 100% (because quite frankly i could murder a sandwich right now and i have no idea why i am feeling weakness all of a sudden) . But 12th day complete and also stood on the scales and saw iv reached my 1st stone so must hold on to that positivity! feelin bit crap tho

You will have times on TFR when you have really bad cravings, but dont give in, just keep strong and think of the end results.

As far as not keeping the weight off once you reach goal, thats just nonsense. Obviously if you go back to eating how you did pre-lt, then all the weight will go back on, but if you eat 3 healthy sensible meals a day, and look after yourself, then you will maintain the loss. I have maintained nearly two years now.

Some days I over-eat, but just compensate the next day and it all evens itself out. I am about half a stone heavier than when I finished due to over-eating on holidays and from Xmas, but that will soon be off.

Keep going, you are doing magnificent.

Thankyou kered thats really chilled me out. You look incredible... what a transformation! It is so reassuring to know you have maintained for so long, its obviously possible!!! so seriously thankyou :)

would you mind if i asked what your loose skin situation has been? I already have saggy skin on my tummy from a MASSIVE pregnancy and im worried that im going to be really saggy afterwards lol. especially worried about my thighs :s as in reality I could just have a tummy tuck if my stomach was really really bad. I mean, in your after pic you dont look like you have any!!! Have you found it to be ok??

Hope thats not too personal and appreciate if you would rather not answer!

But thanks again for your reassurance :) x

I had a bit of an apron when I was bigger, but it shrunk as the weight loss came off. Dont get me wrong, I still have flabby bits, as I don't exercise to tone them up, but I can still wear a bikini.

Keep moisturising, a good one I found was 'Bio Oil', gives your skin an even tone after a few weeks use.

Thankyou :) that's so good to know. I have this vision of having to pick my stomach off the floor while I walk lol. It really worries me cuz I think I'd rather be big than skinny and really saggy at 25!! But it's so good to have the reassurance that it's not necessarily going to be bad. So thanks :) and you are so skinny now!!! So you know!! Lol. Again well done you are a real inspiration x

Squeeze, once again we are thinking the same things, lol! I've actually been thinking about this from I started my diet and I've come to a simpel conclusion, this is the start of a change in life-style.

I like crisps, I love soft sweets (wine gums, etc), I really love biscuits, but most of all, I'm a self confessed chocoholic! I can't eat half a bar no matter how big, I must finish. So I've decided that all of the above are off the menu going forward. I might allow myself a few luxuries next Christmas, but apart from that, they're gone.

As kered said, going forward, I'm also need to eat carefully, NOT BORING, but a sensible balanced diet.

And most importantly, I need to continue the weekly weigh-in, EVERY week. Because once you turn you're back the belly will get me again.

Remember your kick start, the Sonisphere festival in July, but I'm sure there will be a Sonispherein 2012, 2013 and futher on.

We are not on a diet, we are changing our lives!

hey david :) yes thats exactly how i feel. I truly never want to order another kebab (my addiction lol) or eat another load of chocolate as long as i live. I want this to be the re-programming of my mental attitude towards food so that I never rely on food to make me feel better again. ANd i dunno about you, but already I feel so much more able to deal with my stress and anxiety without turning to the fridge.

And this belief of never eating crap again has left me with a real dilemma about sonisphere. I have posted a thread in the main forum asking for advice but I seem to have attracted some sh!ttiness from another member so Ill ask you in here.. and would really appreciate some advice.

Basically my ecpected date for target is middle of july however sonisphere is the beginning of july. I will be there for 5 days and will likely not sleep, be in blistering sunshine, walking about 6 miles every day and be going EPICLY mental. So Im reasonably convinced that staying on TFR is going to be dangerous. However all the food there is on burger vans and stuff. Really unhealthy rubbish. SO what do I do??? I know its a long way off but I need to work out a plan! Many people suggest just eating meat while im there but i dont want to remember what deep fried meat tastes like!! im thinking it might be better to just stay on shakes but eat plenty of fruit for energy on top. And then go straight back to TFR when i come home for a few weeks to get back into ketosis and do a proper re-feed. What do people think???

Sorry If you have already seen this question in the main forum but after being spoken to like crap by someone I thought I would ask it in here instead :)

thankyou in advance! and well done david, I love your attitude and your strength, and you are doing so well :) 13 days down!!! xx

I think you should refeed and eat as normally, but as sensibly as you can. Yes you will gain wait again, but that's better than being ill. It's also the reason you are dieting so enjoy it!

I think the import part is not what you eat while your there, but your plan to restart. You need to organise the weigh in and get back "on the wagon" again the day you come back. You cann't leave it a couple of day, that's when the bad habits will return. Will it be hard restarting, yes I think so, but this time you know it works. :)

I have a long weekend way over Easter, plus I'm walking 9 miles in the Belfast Marathon on May 2nd, effectively a 10 day period. I spoke to my pharmacist today on why he would advise (he has use LT, so I respect his advice) and he said refeed and start again at the end of the 10 days.

I think this is also the life-style change, I like a kabab, I will be having a kabab again. However I now know that I need to balance it out with better eating over that week. If I gain, then I diet again, what I don't do is put it off and let the pound pile on. You are only human!

Check out this page http://www.minimins.com/gi-diet-support-forum/199449-one-year-gl-rocks.html

I particularly the ideas of the 80-20 rule and the idea of "maintain my weight between 170 and 180". I know my goal, but I'm not going to be that weight every day, it's something I will continue to work at.

P.S. I also have football trip on May 14th and a Wedding on July 16th!

Last edited:
Ive just read the thread on the main forum but will reply on here due to the other comments.
Like you said, about drinking and illegal substances, very few people would condone taking them but people do whatever they want and who are we to judge but knowing that you will be doing stuff like that makes me even more worried for you.....
DO NOT DO TFR while you are there.... unless you want to end up missing the festival and spending the week in hospital hun.
Ive heard lots of horror stories about people having just one drink on TFR and blacking out, but drinking heavily and taking other stuff is just a disaster waiting to happen.

You really must re feed at least a week prior to the festival and explore options for when you are there but hey, if you put on 7lb while you are there, you will get it back off as soon as you start again on 100%. You really need to think about whats important..... and the most important thing is your health, and having fun of course for these 5 days, dont do anything that will put your health at risk. Eating rubbish but as carefully as possible will be healthier in the long run for you as you know you will get the weight back off again!!!

Im sorry, im rambling here but alarm bells started ringing when i read the main thread..... i would hate for you to miss out on your festival for the sake of a few pounds. You know you can get them off again :)

Thanks Hun, I appreciate your concern cuz I'm concerned too lol. I don't drink alcohol... Ever! So I just have to work around the other parts of my festival experience!! And under normal circumstances I know how to do what I do at the festival and look after myself, but the eating thing has been worrying me. I have put a lot of thought into it and definitely need to be out of ketosis while I'm there, but also not eat the things that iv worked hard to remove from my life permanently. So no burgers or pasties or chips. But I'm thinking fruit, maybe complan, and some cooked meats but not sausages or burgers. Eat what I need to while I'm there and come straight back to TFR for around 4 weeks and then do proper refeed. I'd like to say I will just try to abstain from the naughty stuff but it's kind of part of it for me. But I will definitely be taking it a lot easier this year... Mainly cuz I'm getting old and ain't got it in me anymore to go completely nuts anymore lol. And I won't drink as usual. Alcohol is evil and will laugh at anyone who drinks alcohol but is passionately against drugs. Alcohol is the most damaging and dangerous drug around!! So at least I won't be filling my body with hideous toxins that will strain every organ in my body!!!

I'm glad that the people who have offered their thoughts constructively have helped me to work out a bit of a plan. So thankyou :) and I needed to have some agreement that TFR would be unsafe as I doubt myself sometimes. But your totally right it's better to put on a bit of weight than to jeopardise my health severely! Just have to draw a line and not justify a big greasy cheeseburger lol xx

Oh and thanks for the link David :) and yeh there's times when TFR needs to be put on hold. Marathon being one! Wow! Go you!!! :) and we can always go back to it, just like you said have to be strict and get straight back to it!!!! Thanks for your thoughts on it :) x

Not read your thread on the main page yet, but what about doing a proper refeed before your festival, and then you could always take some food stuff with you, eg tins of tuna, salmon, fruit, hard boiled eggs etc, just to save you having anything that you wouldnt want to do.

I am a bit older to go to these festivals, but dont they do any healthy stuff at all, or is it all burgers, chips, sausages etc?

Well done on how well you are doing so far. It is great that TFR is having such positive health benefits for you. You are so right to use your time on TFR to reflect on food and your relationship with it.
As you won't have reached goal before the festival why not take a planned break for a couple of weeks and then restart.
My advice is to do the planned refeed for one week before the festival.
Go to a health food store and stock up on plenty of protein bars. Take these and several tins of tuna with you to the festival. Keep up your water intake as well. If you refeed properly beforehand you will not do too much damage.
Enjoy your break. Whatever you gain, if any, you can lose once you restart when you get back.
Life after TFR has to be about balance. There will be occasions when you want to enjoy foods you usually exclude. The trick is to get back in control. Adopt an 80/20 rule and be careful for 80% of the time.
Good luck for next weigh in.

thankyou for the advice everyone.. id still be worrying and obsessing about it if I hadnt asked. And mary.. pretty much all the food at the festival is crap. But i have a good plan in order and think ill be ok.
Molly i especially like your idea of the protein bars.. thats a fantastic idea and I hadnt considered that!!! Theres also very yummy atkins caramel bars that I used to buy.. i could take some of them. keep my carbs low. Want to try and avoid buying food there.. not only is it rubbish but a burger is like £8 lol.
You are all such a fantastic inspiration.. mary I keep looking at your pics and it boosts my belief that I can do it. You just look amazing :) xx

Yeh she is maintaining at the mo... It's Vanessas diary... Like I said i really am not putting her down in ANY WAY, and don't know anything about her journey. I'm jot judging and im sure she has done very well. I didn't read her whole diary just the last week or two. And yes in one day she had 5 packets of square crisps, a chocolate mousse, a freddo and some shortbread biscuits. Then s few days later half a ton of buttery toast and crumpets at once with a load of other crap. I know it's important to allow yourself the odd little treat, but for me I NEVER want to pig out for enjoyments sake again. I want food to never ever get the better of me... And you can't tell me when she was eating 5 packs of crisps that she had control??!!

Erm excuse me!!!!

You - in your own words - did admit you have not read my whole diary so what gives you the right to judge me?

A maintenance diary is exactly what it says - it is not a piece of fiction, it is a slice of true life.

Yes, I slipped up - but 1. I admitted it instantly and didnt deny it and 2. pulled it back. I am at target and have been for over a year! My weight gain is due to disability which means I have terrible mobility issues and spend a huge part of my days either lying completely flat on my back or in a wheelchair and struggle with constant pain! So I allow myself the occasional comfort food ... but hey ho, I pull it back!

Im proud of what I have achieved and seriously object to you making highly personal comments about me over here (probably assuming I would never see them). I am happy to accept constructive critisicm - that is indeed why I post my food diaries in the first place - for support and when required a rap on the knuckles! However, I am not in denial ... if I was, would I be posting the details DOH.

But I think it is only manners that is someone wishes to comment about my thread, they be big enough to actually comment on my thread!

None of us - absolutely none of us have the right to judge others!

And my biggest piece of advice to you, which should be applied to all aspects of life - Never Say Never!

Last edited:
ok calm down. You have read what i was talking to sandra about in a very negative way. when purely i was pointing out that i hoped never to feel like i had to turn to food for comfort ever again. when i mentioned to her that i had read in a diary someone had relapsed like that, she asked who so i told her. I never intended to refer to you. I also have a chronic spine condition and often use food to comfort me. And i was merely expressing that i hoped to combat that. I never once said anything negative about you OR JUDGED YOU AS YOU ARE ACCUSING ME OF. i didnt care if you saw it, as it wasnt derogatory. i know my diary is public and quite expected you to see it. What shocked me MORE was how lightly everyone took it.. if i relapsed by stuffing my face i would hope the people supporting me wouldnt laugh and joke about it but help me to see that I had to gain more control.

I object to you taking it so badly, i only mentioned you as sandra specifically said "noone on maintanence at the moment has ever done that" which prompted me to point out it was one of her friends on here.

But apologies if you are offended.. It wasnt offensive or judgemental and i was only using it as a reference. And i still stick to the belief that i hope i never stuff 5 packets of crisps, a load of chocolate, 4 crumpets and a load of toast in my face all in one day ever again.

FFS the confrontational hassle equally balances the benefits of this forum. getting a bit sick of peoples attitudes. Im sure anyone reading my initial comment there can see there was nothing derogatory or judgemental??!!!

Squeeze, dont be disheartened by this forum, this weekend hasnt been good eh but all you have done is been honest, which is what this is for i presumed.

Vanessa, im 100% sure that no harm was meant by what was written initially but we all learn from eachother do we not - thats what we are all here for... read advice from other people who are in the same position to us and more importantly ahead of us so we can all have a plan in our heads as to where this diet is going. Squeeze has been so determined from day one not to go back to her old ways and simply said that she read about someone who had slipped which made her realise how easy it will be to slip herself but even more determined not to be in that position.
Dont take offence to it.... it wasnt meant like that.
We are all here to get on and learn from our own and others mistakes, as im sure you have done in the past, im sure we can all be here with no *****ing!!

Yeh she is maintaining at the mo... It's Vanessas diary... Like I said i really am not putting her down in ANY WAY, and don't know anything about her journey. I'm jot judging and im sure she has done very well. I didn't read her whole diary just the last week or two. And yes in one day she had 5 packets of square crisps, a chocolate mousse, a freddo and some shortbread biscuits. Then s few days later half a ton of buttery toast and crumpets at once with a load of other crap. I know it's important to allow yourself the odd little treat, but for me I NEVER want to pig out for enjoyments sake again. I want food to never ever get the better of me... And you can't tell me when she was eating 5 packs of crisps that she had control??!! The fact that food has controlled me my entire life scares me so much, this next 5 months is a re-programming and every day I tell myself that I will never be able to eat that kinda stuff in excess again. Maybe the odd packet of crisps and perhaps a fizzy drink OCCASIONALLY. but eating them every day or in multiples is a damned guaranteed sign that the unhealthy relationship with food is still underlying there... And I want mine gone! And I'll fight to get rid of it.

Please again, in no way am I being judgemental of that girl or demeaning her success losing weight, I'm just using it as an example to point out what I wish to accomplish. I appreciate it's very hard to completely remove the food demons that tell you to eat rubbish or binge... But I am gonna try my absolute hardest and fight with all my strength to never have them plague my life again.

In hoping when I get there I can be as strong as I feel today. I'm not letting myself think about food i want to eat after TFR unless it's thinking realistically about how I can maintain and get enough vitamins & minerals and how to eat to boost my metabolism. Fantasising about a kebab or a pasty is BANNED cuz as far as I'm concerned, food that has no real nutritional benefits is not food to me... It's a drug. And I don't want to be an addict anymore!
X

the post in full has no nasty connotations or judgemental undertone. Im sorry you feel it does.

Back