SS and Saturday nights??!!

Yeah it can be the last time we were there we spent nearly £60 between the books, food n drink.

Yeah it can be the last time we were there we spent nearly £60 between the books, food n drink.

OOFTTTTTTTTTTT :eek:

I ordered lots of size 16 stuff in nxt sale.. im sending it all bk.. jst sorting it all now.. :eek:

Hopefully wont be needing it! x

Yeah i no what u mean my mum said she'd buy me a new jacket for chrimbo n i have put her off for now due to not wantin to get one, then its to big for me so soon lol

Hi I started back on ss on the 28th I had been doing it for 4weeks then came off Christmas Eve (bad move) I didnt go out New Years Eve first time ever!! ( I love food and drink). I saw the New Year in with a glass of iced water, since then when I get tempted I think there was no point missing out on the New Year parties I had been invited too, only to spoil it all for the sake of a quick fix, the point I am trying to make, For me once I start saying no it seems to get easier to say no, I still get tempted usually after 4 days, I think about all the times I have said no to myself and it gives me strengh to continue. It is early days for me so I only hope I can keep it up. I have lost 1st 8lbs up to now.

I am on day two of SS which is going ok so far, but Saturday evenings are normally the time when my husband and I would have a takeaway any glass of wine. Just wondering how you get through nights like that, do you just dig your heels in and get on with it (sort of answering my own question?!)? Also feel bad for my other half as it's sort of spoiling his evening iykwim?

Thanks, K x

my sis in law only does cd mon-fri and eats what she wants and drinks what she wants at the weekend....ok so not everyweekend she binges .....some weekends she doesnt drink but all in all they have a big social life......she has lost 2 stone in just over 3 months.....this diet is about you and how you want it to work for you.....ok so there are rules to it .....but heh its your money your body your life.....if you eat a take away you know the consequences ....if you a eat a take away every night...dont expect to be a skinny bint over night....it will just take a while !!! a long while!!!!! xx

It is hard, but I find I am doing different things in the evenings, such as having long baths with my book, home made facials, sorting out wardrobes, cleaning cupboards, email and phoning friends, make an effort to actually talk to OH rather then just sitting there watching tv :eek:.....

I don't fell deprived for not eating take away...afterall I can have one....I just choose not too.

Heloo guys and gals!

I thought i would add my penny or two.

My OH and i used to have a takeaway too often. Our weakness has always been indian. Well, my suggestion....make a curry at home :) from scratch...no jars :)
Even while im on CD SS i love to cook him a curry, it lasts him 4 days (or you can freeze it for him for the weekend :) )
Its a very healthy alternative and alot nicer as its not full of oil etc. My OH has lost weight too (having this curry 4 times a week hehe)

4 Chicken breasts
mixed herbs and pepper
1 red onion
2 peppers (any colour)
a couple of potatoes (cut up)
1 leek (optional)
1 tin tomatoes
1 1/2 tsps curry powder(any variety)
2 tsps tumeric
chilli powder (depending on how hot u like it)
2 tsps cumin
i add 3tsps curry paste
1 oxo cube
Cut the meat up, put in the wok, add the spices and stir until sealed. Add the curry paste. veg and potatoes, mix up, add tomatoes, 1 oxo cube and abit of water (need enough water to cover the veg etc whilst in the oven) Put in a caserole dish with a lid, Oven 140 for 2 hours...LUSH

Lets face it...the worst thing is the curry paste. And you can get a recipe to make your own. I just havent had time to do it yet.

And once you finish the diet....you can eat this in moderation almost guilt free

I am on day 3 of SS so this is my first Saturday night in with no drinkies for I dont know how long. My OH works 5 nightshifts a week so Sat night is usually him cooking something yummy, nibbles and a bottle of wine each. Went to party last night and was driver no problem but i know it is going to be hard tonight as we enjoy relaxing, stretched out on the sofa with a movie.
I can see me in my bed on my own about 8.30 and he can have the kids for company!
Unfortunately, even in ketosis the feeling of hunger never leaves me and this is going to be a bit of a battle. I've only had one shake so far today so i can feel as tho i'm pigging out with two later on!

I too spent a lot on takeaways each week, was probably having 3-4 a week. I do miss them a bit (mind you it has only been 6 days) but I was able to cook OH pie, roast potatoes & veg the other nite. Think it was ok because I had chicken & 2 tablespoon of broccoli so I felt that I was eating 'real' food too. Off to bingo tonight so that'll be a test. OH normally has something like curry or shepherds pie and chips and sits opposite me. I'll take one of my bars with me. Fingers crossed.

Well, i made it through Saturday night. Kids had pals for sleepovers so there was several pizzas on the go. There were a few pieces left which i have wrapped and in fridge which they can have for lunch. I resisted the sweets by making crisps and having diet coke then off to early bed with my book. Now i am well on my way through day 4, feeling hungry but still focussed. First WI tomorrow at 3.30 so glugging water like mad.

try doing excitomg things with the food you can eat...i must admit i dont stick to the list....i eat prawns and occasionally have an egg and i also have bacon....my theory is they are all protien so wont knock me out of ketosis....i had tonight a chicken breast cooked in chargrilled spices and flash fried in dry pan , with crispy bacon and salad and a bit of caeser dressing.....yesterday i have king prawns stir fried with asparagus, brocoli and courgette with a little bit of five spice powder and a squirt of lemon juice....both bloody lovely!!!! i am loosing weight maybe not as quick as if i was doing ss...but i feel as thou im not depriving myself....ok so the calories in the dressing are prob quite high but i am not eating enough of it to make that much of a difference....ialways follow my dinner with a malt toffee bar....it gives me the feeling of having a treat!!

Back