SS for 24hrs now doing well but have a query

loobe

Started SS yesterday evening and doing ok just having my lunch shake late I know. I have been good so far have drunk just under 3 litres got a bit of a headache lack of tea I think. I even sat through my daughter eating lunch in McDonlads treat for her as she started school today. She never finishes her happy meal and I never helped her like I usually do :D.
I am having a bit of difficulty with lumps in shakes and soup was not too bad. Any suggestions?

Well done for getting through McDonalds - that's your first hurdle cleared! :)

how do you make your shakes? I use a smoothie maker, and they're smooth as anything. You can also use those really cheap hand blenders (£5 value brand in Tescos) that makes them really smooth too.

good luck, and stick with it - the headache will soon go - just keep drinking that water!!

xx

I have a braun hand blender using the whisk bit. Maybe I am not whisking long enough. Is it better to mix the shake in some hottish water first then add the cold or does it mix better in cold water?

I use a hand mixer but not the whisk attachement but the one with the blade on it {does that make sense} I have found it best for removing any lumps as they are gross when you hit one.

Unlike everybody else in this post, I just use a big mug and a fork... I put the powder in the mug, give it a quick mix before adding anything, and then gradually add a drizzle of water, all the while mixing very well. I then make it into a fairly liquid paste doing this, and once all lumps are gone, I either add hot or cold water to fill up the mug and give it anothe good whisk with the fork, until everything is completely dissolved. It works 9 out of 10 times, and the key is to not add water too quick or too much in the beginning.

Good luck!

hiya well done on getting through your first SS day and for resisting scrummy Mcd's mmmm r.e shakes i'm new to the making ones as i usually have tetras but i had to buy a blender and have them with ice as i found them tasting too powdery without and they're lump free too :)

Thanks for the advice.

The magic bullet or similar is great for shakes or the kenwood frothie for soups / hot shakes. Mixes and heats.

I use a Hinari Genie (identical to the magic bullet but a lot cheaper) to make my shakes and mousses. (here's a link - item No1)
Product Keyword Search#
Good thing is that you mix the shake in a cup attachment - less washing up!
I use a Braun hand blender (not whisk) for soups and never have a problem with lumps.

Back