SS'ing 7 Day Challenge... Episode V (here it is)

Chika, nevermind hunny that will come with more next week. Your thoughts are the same as mine, why am I wasting money by eating and doing the diet at the same time. Money is getting tight now so I either have to stick to it religiously or give up! Hoping to stick to it religiously as I have sold all my bigger clothes on ebay and can't afford to buy more!!

Come on you can do it this week, bet you had a good chat to Bev!! Sp we have the same CDC now!! SNAP!

Love

Hi Nikki

I know what you mean. CD is my one big extravagance at the moment. I'm a poor student and should really spend my money on books but when I stick to it it is sooo worth it. Good idea about floggin your bigger clothes on eBay. I think I'll do that this week cos some of my stuff really is too big at the moment and I don't want to the the option of ever fitting into them again.

We have the best CDC in the world don't we? I always feel really determined and reenegrgised when I come away from Bev's and today was the same. I just managed to get stuck behind a lorry on the road back to the motorway and I think the frustration at having to drive at 30mph and putting on weight made me cry so I sobbed all the way up the M6 to home!

Small victory to report. I had some tempoary f*ck it thoughts re the diet and drove to Tesco to get some food. However when I got there my good chatterbox appeared and gave me a good telling off. So instead of the crap food I was gonna buy I got myself two good books and a nice top that I can't fit into yet but watch this space! I'll be in it soon :)

That is the attitude Chika, Well I have about a month's supply left, maybe a little more, and I have to give myself a strict talking to, cos we really can't afford for me to mess up cos it just prolongs how long you are doing this for.. ebay is fantastic, rather than my clothes sit in the loft for years to come I am flogging them all plus some of George's stuff we never used. Got to go in the loft for more things, put another few items on last nite, if you actually look round you probably have plenty to sell!!

Good Chatterbox for talking you round! I would have had the same attitude too, shows when we are down we eat!! we will have to find something else to do when we are down instead...

Love

Ahhhhhhhhhhh wondered why my ears were burning!!!! Thanks girls! Chika - well done for resisting hun ... know you can do it. Harness that feeling of disappointment you felt today and use it when you want to cheat .. and remember how fantastic you felt when you lost 13lb in one week. Go girl!! and great idea Nikki re putting all clothes on ebay - more money, plus all that running up and down in the loft is good exercise!!

Hi girls

Glad to see you back Mocha! I thought you may have tried to sneak off!

I can't seem to get my head around the fact I am supposed to be SOLE sourcing. For some reason I think that includes '3 shakes and some chicken'.

I have only had carbs once since I started, but because I know protein shouldn't take me out ketosis, I keep eating it!

I was doing really well today - I felt great, no hunger and managed to put another noticeable dent in my enormous workload - I even ran all the way from Peckham High street back to my car and kissed a traffic warden! Well, my not so dulcit tones stopped him from putting a ticket on my car when I spotted him about 300 yards away, and he waited until I ran back there - my instinct was just to kiss him!

But tonight, I'm munching on chicken again! Why do I keep telling myself that it's OK to do this? This just ain't sole sourcing! Part of me thinks 'Oh well, if that is how you are going to get through this, then do it' then I realise I could be adding weeks and weeks to my SS time and prolonging the agony!

Stay motivated girls

A
x

Amber, I do exactly the same thing, I buy a cooked chicken for hubby and then keep pinching bits of it... I think in my head I am doing an inbetween SS and 790!!

Love

hey is anyone about? I have food eating urges and need to step away from the kitchen! At this time of night I always crave food and that the moment my chatterbox is craving cheese.

Also one question, does anyone smoke? I am a very on / off smoker but have had a fair few over the past few days and i don't know why but suddenly after having a fag this evening I'm hungry. I thought that they would have had the opposite effect? Has anyone else experienced this?

Had my WI this evening but, of course, have nothing to report because she's keeping the result from me for a few weeks until I reach the 11's (well at least I hope it's weeks and not flipping months the way I'm going at the moment...) :rolleyes:

Tonight I'm installing my steel determination to SS's 100% tomorrow - I had 2/3 good days this week then because I felt cra**y I blew it yesterday and today.

I pledge this evening to Minimins and everyone committed to this thread to Sole Source tomorrow and for the next week (would be a good start..!) and by the end of November to be able to post here that I am 11 stone something (which I haven't been since I was about 23..!). Four weeks out of my life is not a huge sacrifice to reach this goal and to be shopping for clothes the next size down before Christmas...

Anyone else wanting or feeling brave enough to make a pledge... :eek:

I've got to knuckle down girls - we all know we've got to... :)

It's 9 weeks tomorrow until Christmas - we could actually lose as much as 2 stone by then if we were 100% good but realistically allowing for a Christmas bash let's be happy with a stone and a half...!

Mochaj - my clothes fund owes me money at the moment - how's yours doing?

I hope I feel this motivated tomorrow - please someone make sure I am...

Hope you're having nice evenings....

H xx

Good post hannah and I love the idea that you don't know how much you weigh each week.

I pledge to not let anything other than Cambridge Diet packs and water to pass my lips this week. This will be hard cos I'm off to a wedding on Wednsday but I don't ever want to gain weight at a weigh in ever again. I will fit into the new clothes that I keep buying very very soon!

Nikki, do you manage to stay away from the carbs and stick with just the chicken? I've got my weigh in tomorrow - I'll see how much this has affected it - according to my scales, it won't be a big loss, but part of me thinks that if this is the way I can keep going, then I might keep doing it.

Hannah - I couldn't keep going if I didn't know how much I was losing or even whether I was losing, especially if I had a bad week - a lack of loss would spur me on

It's going to be hard for me as well as on Saturday I've got a birthday party for my OH's 2yr old son and then Saturday night it's my leaving drinks - the lot at work are quite used to me only drinking water but not sure how they'll all react when it's supposed to be my leaving drinks...!!! :confused:

Good luck at the Wedding - keep posting...!

H xx

Good post hannah and I love the idea that you don't know how much you weigh each week.

I pledge to not let anything other than Cambridge Diet packs and water to pass my lips this week. This will be hard cos I'm off to a wedding on Wednsday but I don't ever want to gain weight at a weigh in ever again. I will fit into the new clothes that I keep buying very very soon!

Good girl Chika - you can do it ... stay away from the cheese!! Think of it covered in mold and you won't want it (note to self ... must get some secret cameras i can put into clients kitchens!!) xxx

It is hard Amber but I suppose I want to get my head (and believe me it's not there yet) into the place where CD followed by healthy eating is just a way of life. I'm hoping this will train me not to live my life dictated to by a pair of scales but rather that I know I'm doing the right thing in what I'm eating (does this make sense...!) :confused:

I suppose if you compared it to someone who gives up smoking - the long term goal is more important that daily changes... people packing up smoking can't keep checking their lungs to see if there's been an improvement but after a while they feel better and don't have the horrible side effects of smoking. Not smoking just becomes a way of life and the right thing to do...

Sorry if I haven't explained this very well... :)

H x

Nikki, do you manage to stay away from the carbs and stick with just the chicken? I've got my weigh in tomorrow - I'll see how much this has affected it - according to my scales, it won't be a big loss, but part of me thinks that if this is the way I can keep going, then I might keep doing it.

Hannah - I couldn't keep going if I didn't know how much I was losing or even whether I was losing, especially if I had a bad week - a lack of loss would spur me on

Hi Amber,

I managed to have tuna with pickled cabbage after my walk/run cos I felt lightheaded and needed something... so not too bad... weight seems to be staying the same though!! nevermind, got till Saturday to make a difference... keep glugging the water..

Love

I pledge to try my upmost to only have cambridge packs, lots of water, and the odd bit of protein (when running or long walks). No more jelly babies will pass my lips!

Love

Mocha, how are you doing hunny? Don't know if it is challenge VI starting tomorrow not sure... I am sure Hannah will let you know..

Did you do your calendar to go on the fridge?

Love

I did Nikki, but unfortunately I have had a bad week! I'm not going to let it get me down though. I'm determined that I am going to do this, it's just making the willpower part of my brain agree with the determined part of my brain that I am struggling with at the moment :p They aren't seeing eye to eye!

I keep thinking that one day soon I will wake up and think "this is the day" but manage to keep that thought ALL day! I know once I get started I will be ok, it's getting started though. It's so silly isn't it when I KNOW it works! :)

I'll get there :)

How are you doing?

I pledge this evening to Minimins and everyone committed to this thread to Sole Source tomorrow and for the next week (would be a good start..!) and by the end of November to be able to post here that I am 11 stone something (which I haven't been since I was about 23..!). Four weeks out of my life is not a huge sacrifice to reach this goal and to be shopping for clothes the next size down before Christmas...

Anyone else wanting or feeling brave enough to make a pledge... :eek:

Do you all mind if I join in here.. I'll take the pledge as I'm beyond ready to get this thing done and over with! I've been trying to lose weight since June of 2006 and managed to go from 310 to 210 on low carb dieting but then totally caved and ate my way back up to 252!!! Discovered Cambridge and am not turning back! .. Today is Day 3 for me SSing.. and plan on keeping things moving. I don't have much time to post on here .. maybe once per day to let ya's know how I'm doing .. but if that's ok.. Please count me in!

Today's weight is 247.5 hoping to get down to 199 for the first time since grade school (I'm 35 now.. ) :eek:

Back