Step 1 Sole Source Stacey's journey to 10st! Time to get healthy - Newbie here, all support appreciated!

Hi guys, thought I was doing really well sticking 100% SS however the scales say different - unless I drop a few pounds in the next two days I don't think Thursday going to go that way! Really disheartened but what can I do! Also feeling pretty bloated, any remedies? x

Hey!

I can't see your stats as im on my phone but how much have you lost so far? Sometimes if you have a big loss in week one, week two your body catches up with itself.

Also measure!!!! I found previously measuring made it seem worth while when the numbers on the scales let me down ( which they do for all manner of crazy reasons)

Hi Stacey, don't get disheartened come on your scales may b different to yours! Chin up u can do this xx

Hi guys, thought I was doing really well sticking 100% SS however the scales say different - unless I drop a few pounds in the next two days I don't think Thursday going to go that way! Really disheartened but what can I do! Also feeling pretty bloated, any remedies? x

Aww, dont feel down! You never know what can happen in a day or two, this is why I don't want to weigh myself, cos I think I would lose motivation if I didnt see the numbers dropping. Are you managing to drink enough water?

Wi tonight guys! Week hopefully I've live a few pounds overnight ha! Have good days :) x

Good luck Stacey, keep us informed x

Lost 4 pounds :) 2 pounds to a stone! got the bars today also. Hope everyones day has been good! x

That's fab Stacey woop woop xx

Well done stacey!

Fabulous Stacey! You will get that stone off on next weeks WI I'm sure! Well done you. Let me know what you think of the bars!

Hi guys, haven't posted for a few days but back with an update. So Saturday night I had a planned "meal" which my CC new about, it was a SS+ meal so it shouldn't really affect anything. I had chicken and baby leaf salad with a little fat free dressing. I'm not sure if the dressing is a no-go as I've heard two different things about fat-free dressings ? Anyway so this was literally the best meal I've ever had. I forgot what food tastes like!! Sunday I went to cinema with my friend (who doesn't know I'm on CWP) and I'm not going to lie about it, I was bad and had some nachos and cheese. I know, I know I'm an idiot but my friend didn't know and I just wanted to really. I know I should feel bad about it but I don't because I was having a tough time with this so I had a salad and something naughty and I feel much better now. I'm not saying go do it, I fully expect this weeks WI to be disappointing however I'm okay with that because I honestly don't think I would have continued if I didn't relax for a day, or just an afternoon! In terms of going on to SS+, I'm going to stick with SS for a while, however on Saturdays (as weekends are hardest) I think I'm going to have a chicken salad - I'll see what my CC says about the dressing though.

In other news the bars - Lemon is yummy - Nougat is yummy - Mint Choc Crunch - EWW - Chewy Chocolate - very um chewy?! Ha!

I tried my first mint choc crunch bar tonight and I'm throwing half away! Its really not nice in my opinion. I'm also going of my Strawberry Shakes which I'm gutted about as I loved them in the mornings! Anyone any ideas for a morning type shake?

Sorry for the essay and I'm sorry if you feel I've failed :( I just want to be honest on this thread!

Hope you've had great weekends! :)

Hi guys, haven't posted for a few days but back with an update. So Saturday night I had a planned "meal" which my CC new about, it was a SS+ meal so it shouldn't really affect anything. I had chicken and baby leaf salad with a little fat free dressing. I'm not sure if the dressing is a no-go as I've heard two different things about fat-free dressings ? Anyway so this was literally the best meal I've ever had. I forgot what food tastes like!! Sunday I went to cinema with my friend (who doesn't know I'm on CWP) and I'm not going to lie about it, I was bad and had some nachos and cheese. I know, I know I'm an idiot but my friend didn't know and I just wanted to really. I know I should feel bad about it but I don't because I was having a tough time with this so I had a salad and something naughty and I feel much better now. I'm not saying go do it, I fully expect this weeks WI to be disappointing however I'm okay with that because I honestly don't think I would have continued if I didn't relax for a day, or just an afternoon! In terms of going on to SS+, I'm going to stick with SS for a while, however on Saturdays (as weekends are hardest) I think I'm going to have a chicken salad - I'll see what my CC says about the dressing though.

In other news the bars - Lemon is yummy - Nougat is yummy - Mint Choc Crunch - EWW - Chewy Chocolate - very um chewy?! Ha!

I tried my first mint choc crunch bar tonight and I'm throwing half away! Its really not nice in my opinion. I'm also going of my Strawberry Shakes which I'm gutted about as I loved them in the mornings! Anyone any ideas for a morning type shake?

Sorry for the essay and I'm sorry if you feel I've failed :( I just want to be honest on this thread!

Hope you've had great weekends! :)

Aww Stacey! You havent let anyone down, like we have said, this diet is so hard! As long as you feel strong and commited to the plan again, that is all that matters!

Also, I LOVE the banana shakes in the morning!!

I know it will be fine :), thanks for the tip i'll give them a try!

Mango go down well too, blend them with ice.

Best thing to do is chalk the weekend up to experience and jump back on the horse!

You have to just draw a line under the weekend and move on - however it's really important not to give yourself ' time off ' at weekends because the point of the diet is head down, sole source and just get it done. It becomes an expensive faff around if you keep allowing yourself the odd treat.

I did it for 7 weeks and just powered through. I will confess that after my first week weigh in ( a fairly pleasing 8lbs ) , I came home and just fell face first into some cake and kettle chips. Just bloody ridiculous but I gave myself ' permission ' and that was that.

I think it's a case of always having to be vigilant on this plan and remind yourself why you're doing it. The longer you can stick to plan for, the quicker you can come off plan if that makes sense!

I now eat completely normally - strict during week and whatever I fancy at weekends - and am proof that you absolutely can maintain afterwards and eat what you fancy - in moderation.

Gotta say though - quite fancy nachos and cheese now - looks dolefully at porridge and blueberries ..

Yep you're right. I have to say now I've had carbs I feel a lot hungrier today then I would normally. So in your opinion do you think I should skip the salad on Saturday to? I get what you mean the stricter I am now the less time I have to do this.It seems so clear in my head but it's really hard to kick old habits especially at the weekend!

When you did 7 weeks on SS did you then go on to SS+ on week 8? Basically asking what you did after 7 weeks!

So if I go to 49 days I have 30 to go. I suppose 5 more and I'm half way!

Thanks for the advice as always :)

P.s sorry about the nacho temptation although they were bloody good though!

Back