Stacks food and rambles...

29/08 Green

Morning all,

It's WI this evening, i'm not nervous but i'm not excited infact i'm rather indifferent to the whole thing. Obviously i'll post my results with you wonderful peoples later. Until then, food times for today:

Breakfast:
2x 'Fried' eggs, bread (HEB)

Lunch:
Bread (HEB), Clover (3), Cheese (HEA)
Shape Chocolate Yogurt (5)

Dinner:
Chicken & mushroom Pasta n Sauce, pack of steamfresh veg

Snacks:
Hi-fi Bar - Luscious Lemon (5.5)

xx

Last edited:
Hey lovely!!

How was WI? You have had a good week from the looks of it? I have had an atrocious weekend involving copious amounts of cheese, bread, chocolate and Chinese :( Trying to get back on track tomorrow but off work this week so lots of temptations as not in my usual routine.

Could I have a kick up the bum please!! xx

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen of Minimins,

WI tonight was kinda up and down. We got a lovely new member this week who does not stop talking!! Her enthusiasm bubbled over and it was highly infectious. I love her already :D

Another high point was losing 7lbs!:party0011:. Needless to say I was very happy with that, even did a little dance that looked uncannily like --> :stickdance:
Oh and that gave me my Club 10 award too!! So it was a good week for me.

On the downside, our Consultant, Lydie, told us that next week will be her last group as she's leaving SW, she put her business head on and SW wasn't working for her financially. So we're kinda in the lurch at the minute because we have no idea if they are keeping the group or what's going on really. Which is a massive shame because Lydie is lovely, really lovely.

Thus my first week of food diaries is complete. I started writing feeling utterly poo about myself, the plan and life in general and i'm going to pass that off as delayed PMS or something. I'm in a good place right now and i'm ready for next week and i'm hoping for a big loss for nothing else but to send Lydie off with a bang!! 2.5lbs for my 2.5 stone award. It's destiny! :D

Round up for today then:
Green
Syns: 13.5

P.s. Freshstartnewme...your kick up the bum is on it's way!

xx

30/08 - Green

I hate being back at work.

So food times for today:
Breakfast:
Oats so simple (HEB) + (3.5)

Lunch:
Salad - Lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot, sweetcorn, egg. Ham (HEB). Rice, peas (the rice is in a vinagrette dressing - I think (3) will be enough :S)
Shape Delights Yogurt (0.5)

Dinner:
I'll grab one of my 'ready meals' out of the freezer. I'm thinking quorn sausage (2) and baked bean bake with a little bit of extra cheese to make it feel proper naughty (2 x HEA).

Snacks:
Banana
Snack-a-jacks (4.5)

xx

Last edited:
Hey chicky

Firstly.. 7lbs!! Blooming heck! :party0011: that is fantastic :) What a great way to start your week. Sorry to hear about your consultant, will you still be able to go to class? If not is there another class nearby you could get to?

Thank you for the kick up the bum, well needed and seems to have done the trick. I am back on track and going to be back on plan this week. Two things I know are happening this week are we are going to try that new japanese restaurant in town for lunch one night but that isn't a problem because I can have a ramen which are low in syn. Then we are going for a meal one night in a pub down the road, but I can try and make a good choice and enjoy that too.

I just thought to myself, I can still have lovely food on slimming world, just need to plan what I like rather than relying on ready made stuff and cake and chocolate etc. I have had my fill now and I weighed this morning showing a 4lb gain :eek: so lots of hard work to do and hopefully back into the 14s week after next.

Hope work isn't too bad xx

Hey freshstartnewme!

I was ecstatic about the loss this week, really didn't expect that much :D If SW stop doing a class in Saxilby, then I can't really carry on going to class, because I can never guarentee use of the car to get to class anywhere else. I can pretty much do any other day though and there has always been a class in the village so i'm hoping they carry on doing one!

I went for a meal out last week and am having another one tomorrow. Nando's :eat:. I love Nando's. But you can still be on plan and go out to eat. If nothing else just save your syns for the day just to make sure you are on plan - and pub meals you can always go for steak/gammon and jacket tato - tis the joy of the plan to have yummy food and still lose weight.

Boo! to 4lbs on. I always call a gain jelly weight for a week, because it's so easy to get off the next week. If you go straight back on plan 100% this week (inc. meals out :)) then the weight will fall off because it's just jelly weight.

Lets have a 100% week together, taking each day as it comes!!

Work isn't that bad, i'd have just prefered to have been in bed this morning!!

xx

Evening all,

So today I was looking in the mirror at work and realised that my face definitely looks slimmer, I think it takes a while to notice because you see your own face everyday, but I think it's definitatly shrunk, my cheeks aren't so puffy - which is always a plus :D

Today was cool, struggled a little bit, especially with chocolate cake lying around (thankfully now gone) but struggled through. Went shopping today and tried some fresh coconut, OMG I nearly vomited in the car park at Sainsburys, I had to be proper lady like and spit it out (into a tissue). So I made my Dad drive through the McDonalds drive through and buy me a massive diet coke to wash away the taste... wasn't even tempted by milkshakes/burger/McFlurry - just wanted my coke!

So round up for today:
Green
Syns: 13.5

I'm going to the cinema tomorrow to see the inbetweeners :atthemovies: and first some food at Nando's I figure if I go Extra Easy and order ratatouille with it... I dunno we'll see how it goes. Aiming to save 10 syns tomorrow for it and 5 the next day which gives me a 15syn buffer, which should be plenty.

Going to watch an episode of supersize vs superskinny (love it!) now.

xx

Morning all,

I put my coat on this morning (it was cold!) for the first time since last winter. And it doesn't fit. It's waaay to big, like way way too big. Good times, but it means I have to buy a new coat, I hate buying coats. Meh... food times:

Breakfast:
Oats so simples (HEB) + (3.5)
Banana

Lunch:
Uncle Bens Rice Time - Cantonese (1) There are veggies in the sauce but i'll throw down an apple to make my SF. OMG! The Rice time is AMAZING! For 1 syn!! YUMS!!
Coconut Muller Light - wasn't icky but i'm not in a rush to have it again.

Dinner:
Nando's :drool: and Cinema :atthemovies:
At Nando's I had - Chicken breast in pitta (8.5) and Sweet Potato Mash (3.5)

Snacks:
2x Babybel (HEA)
Shape Delight Yogurt (0.5)

Plus about an hour of body magic walking to the cinema at lunch to get tickets :D

xx

Last edited:
Morning!

Good victory on the coat! I hate coat shopping too, so I feel your pain. Have you changed clothes size much? I have gone down around 1 size, just starting to nearly be able to get into the size below that now but I would have hoped I would have changed more after 2.5 stone!

Well I am still not back on plan :( I am just going to wait until Friday, I have this weird mental block about starting again if its not on my weigh day and the beginning of a new week. I think I need to just get it out my system and enjoy being off work and then will face reality again from Friday and when I am back at work.

Enjoy nandos tonight! I love nandos! We are going for our pub meal tomorrow so I can get back on plan on Friday. Also I am soaking some mung beans to make some mung bean wraps- have you seen them knocking around on here? You soak the beans for 48 hours then puree them and they make like a batter which you can fry like a pancake and it makes a wrap!- Syn free! Trying them so I can maybe use them for work.

Anyhoo, best get off got TONS of coursework to do :( Have a great day chickey xx

P.S- I have done a plan of action for next week food wise, would you have a lookie over it for me and see if you can offer any pearls of wisdom? It is in my diary :)

xx

Good evening peoples,

The film finished well early! So here I am. At Nando's I ordered what I had planned (about an hour earlier) worked out the syns and it was proper yummy. Didn't do as much damage as originally thought :D

I went to see the Inbetweeners and it is very very funny. It somehow makes you want to go on an 18-30's holiday though...

So anyway, highs today were that my coat clearly does not fit anymore. YAY! I stuck to within my plan and only went 2 syns over for the day. YAY! Waiting for me when I got home were letters from my penpals in Germany so i'll be spending the rest of tonight translating one (my German is very basic) and writing back to the other (who likes to write in English).

Haven't tried the mung bean wrap but i've seen the recipe a couple of times. I dunno, the word mung bean just kinda stirs up images of gywnath paltrow.... not sure I can physically make myself eat them. :D

Round up times:
Extra Easy (though i'm not sure if i've done the 1/3 SF - does sweet potato count? If it does I have so WOO).
Syns: 17 - not bad going i'd say :D

xx

Good morning peoples,

It's a bad day today. My manager is off sick, we have a new starter on the team, one member of staff is on holiday and the other is an idiot who doesn't understand anything.
So basically it's fallen to me, the lowest paid most un-senior member of the team to manage today. To put it mildly i'm not enjoying myself.
Ah well, life goes on. Nearly half way through the day then it's good times.

Food times for today:
Breakfast:

Lunch:
Met my mum for lunch and had a roast pork dinner.
Roast Pork, roast potatoes, carrots, cabbage & leeks, parsnips, stuffing and gravy (12)
I'll say no more syns for today and I should be covered.

Dinner:
Cheese and Broccolli Pasta Bake: from the little book that came with the magazine.
Pasta, brocolli, onions, cherry tomatoes, eggs, cottage cheese with chives, cheese (HEA)

Snacks:
I caved and had an Aero bar (11.5) :sigh: i'm going to pull it back over the next few days. I'm just having a bad day at work is all.

xx

Last edited:
So today isn't good in terms of food stuffs. Like at all. I caved, i'm having a terrible day at work and feel really tired so when the trolley came round I got a chocolate bar.

This wouldn't have been so bad if I had stuck to plan at lunch but as i'm having a bad day I wanted to have lunch with my mum - so roast dinner.

It's funny how it's so easy just to slip. The thing is - admittedly the roast dinner was lovely. Like proper yummy. But the chocolate not so much and now I feel funny. Meh. Crap happens we move on and deal with it.

So for today and yesterday I've gone over my daily syns by 14 syns in total. Which means that if I stick to 10syns a day for the rest of my week (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) then it makes up for it and all is well again.

Should really go back to work again...

xx

So today was tough. Lets just say that it was off plan and leave it at that. I'm struggling with a lady at work who I can't stand and today she really grated on me, and instead of throwing my laptop at her I turned to food. Slightly more preferable in the circumstances I think.

Back on plan tomorrow, our manager should be back on the office (she's been off sick) and the lady who bugs me is slightly better behaved when the boss is in. So fingers crossed that I won't be all stressy and irritated tomorrow.

10 syns or less for the rest of the week to make up for the overeats yesterday and today.

Extra Easy - sort of
Syns: 27

Night all.

xx

02/09 GREEN

Right then today i'm back on plan, i'm doing well with the irritated/stress levels (so far!).

Food times: GREEN

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Uncle Ben's Rice Time - Mexican Chilli (1.5)
Shape Delights Yogurt (0.5)

Dinner:
Quorn Cottage Pie:
Onions, carrot, courgette, celery, tinned tomatoes, passata, quorn mince, mashed potatos, cheese (HEA x 2)

Snacks:
Banana
Snack-a-jacks (4.5)
Hi-fi bar (HEB)

xx

Last edited:
Half day update on my lunch - Mexican Chilli rice times has a bit of a kick. Took me by surprise.

My irritable levels are sky high at the minute. I had a meeting with my new big boss (my bosses boss) - and it was general chit chat, but the way I dealt with my (slightly irrational) anger every time the particular lady spoke I had a drink. I really needed the loo at the end of the meeting, but it kept me sane.

Trolley lady comes round in about an hour - i've got a pack of snack-a-jacks saved and will buy some form of diet fizzy drink.

xx

Half day update on my lunch - Mexican Chilli rice times has a bit of a kick. Took me by surprise.

My irritable levels are sky high at the minute. I had a meeting with my new big boss (my bosses boss) - and it was general chit chat, but the way I dealt with my (slightly irrational) anger every time the particular lady spoke I had a drink. I really needed the loo at the end of the meeting, but it kept me sane.

Trolley lady comes round in about an hour - i've got a pack of snack-a-jacks saved and will buy some form of diet fizzy drink.

xx

Good day lovely lady! :wavey:

Well done for keeping your cool with your bossy boss meeting. Also good call on being prepared for the trolley lady :)

I just made a mung bean wrap- they are great!! I was doubtful at first, but syn free! It worked and was actually yummy, a bit nutty? I had it with chicken, bacon, lettuce, cherry toms, spring onion, red pepper, E.L Mayo and a little gouda! YUM YUM YUM!

I just need to practise a bit I think and I reckon I might use them for work. Being back on track is going well do far!!

Hope the rest of your day goes smoooooothly and you resist poking horrible lady in the eye with your stapler. (I often day dream about doing this to my boss). xx

Hi I just came across yr diary !!! Just wondering what flavour the oat so simple is that yr adding 3.5 syns for ?

Hope the rest of your day goes smoooooothly and you resist poking horrible lady in the eye with your stapler. (I often day dream about doing this to my boss). xx

Stabbing her in the face with a pencil is my usual daydream. Not violent at all :D

I just can't get my head around a mung bean wrap, if I really fancy a wrap then I have a warburtons square one, 8 syns, but I tend not to have stuff like that for lunch as it doesn't fill me up, it's weird, I kinda have to eat with a fork to feel full.

Resisited the trolley ladies chocolate it's all good. Spent all afternoon trying to find a hotel in Glasgow next week for my 2 newbies in the team. Why is Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week busy in Glasgow, I literally couldn't find a hotel that a) had rooms and b) was less than £150 a night.

1 hour left at work (not that i'm working at this very minute) then weekend time! :happy036:

xx

Hi I just came across yr diary !!! Just wondering what flavour the oat so simple is that yr adding 3.5 syns for ?

It's Oats so simple Original - but it's the 50g pots you just add water too.

On their own they are 9.5 syns but you can use your HEB for the original flavour so I deduct 6 syns and have it as my HEB + 3.5 syns.

xx

Back