Stacks food and rambles...

After writing my post last night I had a binge. Can't identify why but I just couldn't stop eating. I had:
1 x fruit bake bar (6)
2 x Rocky crunch (9)
1 x Hi-fi bar (6)
which makes 21 syns. Pfffft. Limiting myself to 8 syns for the rest of the week.

21 syns? Thats naff all, it's only 6 syns over, or 120 calories! :eek: Be kinder to yourself!

I'd just let myself have my normal syns (or at least not tell myself I CAN'T have them...) or I'd feel like I was pressurising myself and be more likely to go OTT again. It's up to you, but you should be nicer to yourself, you're doing great! x :)

Hey honey!

How you diddling?

Don't worry about your little blip, like Ermintrude says it was only a few syns over, don't let it upset you, just draw that line and move on:)

I lost 2lb this week but still 2 to go to get rid of the 4 I gained last week. Such a pain as there is always something in the way to cause me to trip up! My sister is here this weekend which is not too bad but then my OH's friends are coming next weekend so that is going to be lots of drink and stuff :( I suppose it is only two days of five, if I am 100% the rest of the time I might get away it.

Any nice plans for the weekend? I am making lasagne tonight, I saw a recipe off something for the weekend which used cottage cheese instead of white sauce, so essentially making lasagne syn free!! woo hoo!!

xx

10/09 EE

Hi guys,

Thanks! I know that in comparison to what I used to eat on a binge that what I had was very little, but I so wanted a 100% week. I think i'm just putting too much pressure on myself to lose weight. I need to relax and get the mentality that I had back the the first quarter of the year back again.

No plans this weekend - there's too much on the tv for that kind of thing!! I'm currently watching the rugby (I had to record it because I had to nip down to the post office this morning). So it's on 49 mins and we're 6 points behind. I'm losing the will to live watching it. I'm making the risotto (recipe 10 from the little book) and i've never made risotto before. OMG Wilkinson just missed ANOTHER kick. What is wrong with the world?!!
Back to risotto... yeah, so the recipe makes it sound quite easy, but I really don't want it to taste of wallpaper paste... i'll let you know how it goes.

Food times:
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, mushrooms

Lunch:
Cheese (HEA) & tomato sandwich (HEB bread), Clover light (3)
Shape delight yogurt (0.5)

Dinner:
Bacon & veg 'pie', mushrooms:
Bacon, ham, onion, courgette, green beans, cottage cheese, carrot.

Snacks:
Chupa chup lolly (2.5)
Banana
Hartleys sugar free jelly - 1/2 pack (1)

UPDATE:
Apparently I cannot cook risotto :eek: after stirring so much that my arm aches like crazy, my risotto was a sticky gloopy mess with undercooked rice... Now at this point, being annoyed and in pain (who would've thought that stirring could hurt so much) I was all for nipping down to the chinese.
But instead i've got a bacon & veg 'pie' in the oven (thanks to my store of leftovers in the freezer) and will 'fry' up some mushrooms to have on the side.

Round up:
Day: Extra Easy
Syns: 7

xx

Last edited:
Morning peoples!!

Going out for a carvery today, so i'm going to keep the rest of my syns at a minimum today and just use the rest of my syns on the carvery. I love carvery though. NOM.

Breakfast: (eaten at 12)
Banana, Shape delight yogurt (0.5)

Lunch: (about 3)
Carvery:
Lamb & gammon (couldn't choose), broccoli, peas, carrots, parsnips, roasties (3 teeny ones), stuffing (1 tbsp), gravy (1.5 ladel worth - I love me gravy).

Dinner:
Bread (HEB), Cheese (HEA), Clover light (3), tomato

UPDATE:
Days: Extra Easy
Syns: 15

xx

Last edited:
Afternooon!!

MMMMMMMM I love carvery, are you going to the new Toby?

Oh no for the risotto!! It is a regular in our household. How long did you cook it for? Ours usually takes about 25 mins.

We usually have a chicken, chorizo and veg risotto. First we cook the chorizo and chicken for a few minutes, add the diced veg (usually onion, pepper courgette, sugar snap peas, baby corn).

Then add your risotto rice, mix this through the meat and veg to coat the rice for about 1 min. We usually get through at least 2-2.5 pints of chicken stock. I'm sure the method you used is the same but just add in about 1/4 pint at a time and gently stir in until absorbed and then add some more.

Like I say it usually takes about 25 mins, the rice will seem undercooked for ages, it only really turns as such right at the end. It will seem a weird consistency for ages but will come together right at the end.

Hope some of that might help!! Worth giving it another go though, once you get the hang of it risotto is ace for using up stuff out the fridge.

How do you make your bacon and veg pie? Sounds yummy!! xx

Hey,

Yeah it was the new Toby, it's really nice in there! Thankfully the yorkshires were disgusting! So I didn't eat any of them.

Ugh, that risotto has scarred me for life! Not sure I want to try one again :D it's not my favourite food anywhoose so I think i'll let chefs cook it for me in the future.

The bacon and veg pie is technically not a pie :D I got the recipe from a magazine a couple of months ago and essentially it's loads of veg with some mash tato, ham, bacon, cottage cheese and egg baked in the oven. It's the best comfort food in the entire world.

xx

12/09 Green

Morning peoples!

WI tonight, keeping my fingers crossed for a loss.

Food times for me:
Breakfast:
Oats so simple (HEB) + (3.5)

Lunch:
Salad - Lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot, sweetcorn, egg, cous cous (3). Chicken (HEB).
Melon & apple.
Shape delight yogurt (0.5)

Dinner:
Pasta, sainsburys ratatouille - 1/2 tin (1.5), cheese (HEA)

Snacks:
Banana
2 x squares of fudge (5)

UPDATE:
Group was cancelled this week, didn't get a reason why just that it wasn't running. So weighed myself on my scales at home and 2.5lbs lost.
Very happy with that :D

2nd Update:
So I think I managed my challenges for this week, I varied my breakfasts(ish) and spent my syns on different things.
This week is more of a personal challenge than a food challenge. I literally get up in the morning, roll into my clothes and then straight in the car - takes about 10 minutes. So my challenge for this week is to get up and have a proper morning. So eat my breakfast at home, have some time in the morning at home to actually wake up.
So this is my challenge, to get up earlier and have a 'proper morning'. We'll see how that one goes when the alarm starts beeping!!

Round up:
Day: Green
Syns: 13.5

xx

Last edited:
Hey hun,

Well done on the 2.5lb loss! Awesome!!

I am not on track. Need a good shake! xx

13/09 EE

MORNING!

Ok first day of my challenge, i'm up probabaly going to run out of time still though because I forgot how long it takes me to eat my breakfast in the morning!!

I'm going out to play tonight, which does mean a fair bit of alcohol will be consumed. I usually do a broad guess of about 60-80 syns but because it's a school night I should be a little bit more behaved so i'm going to put down 60. This means that my syns for the rest of the week need to hover at around 6.

So food times for today:
Breakfast:
Oats so simple packet & skimmed milk (HEB + HEA), grated apple

Lunch:
McDonalds Grilled Chicken & Bacon Salad with Balsamic Dressing (2.5)

Dinner:
Pasta & Sainsburys ratatoiulle - 1/2 tin (1.5)

Snacks:
Alpen light bar x2 (6)

xx

Last edited:
Hi lovely :wavey:

Well done for achieving your challenges last week! Good one this week too. I get up 90 mins before I go to work, have a shower, I always have a good breakfast and usually with with my cuppa watching the news for around 20 mins. I find it gets me ready for the day, I hate rushing!!

Did you like the apple in the porridge? I tried that a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised!!

Hope you enjoy your play tonight, what are you going to see and where? xxx

The apple in my porridge was actually really nice. I got the idea from Shrimpys food diary.

I wasn't going to see a play I went out to play :D I went to the appletree then cubes. Many people tried to pursuade me to go to another club but my sensible head said no, as I do have work in the morning.

So I did have a lot to drink but am suprisingly and disappointedly sober(ish) and i'm currently munching my way through a small chips, cheese and BBQ sauce and a pint of water (the syns of which I count within my 60 -80 estimate).

I've got to go to the dentist in the morning before work.... why oh why do I do this to myself. Right, well, it's 2:43am my chips and cheese is finished, I need to down half a pint of water and then go to bed ready for my alarm at 7am.

Night all (or morning) and sorry for any spelling mistakes. I have been drinking.....

xx

14/09 EE

Good morning (again),

So I wasn't feeling pretty this morning.... today is all about convience food (except tonight, I am cooking tonight).

I've gone way over syns but the only thing I can do is be as good as possible for the rest of the week. I won't go under 5 syns per day so i'll try to stick as close to 5 as possible for the rest of the week,

If any newbies read this post in my diary. Do not follow my lead, this is not a standard EE day in anyway.

Breakfast:
McDonalds cheese, bacon and egg bagel (23) Hash brown (4)

Lunch:
McDonalds chicken & bacon salad with balsamic vinegar dressing (2.5)

Dinner:
Smoky one tray pork and veg:
Pork, aubergine, onion, 3 peppers, new potatoes, paprika, garlic, bay leaf

Snacks:

xx

Last edited:
Hey hun,

Were you hungover this morning? Bless, work can't be pretty with about 4 hours sleep!!

I saw the apple thing on Shrimpy's diary too, she always has tasty food!!

I went and bought the slimming world mag today so can try all these recipes you are cooking!

Don't worry about today, just get back on track tomorrow until weigh in and you will be fine :)

xx

:D Thanks for the sympathy. I don't deserve it though, it's all self-inflicted. Work was fine really, once I'd been to the dentist (all fine) and had my brekkie (which was AMAZING) and a massive diet coke (pump coke is the best hangover cure in the entire world) I was fine. Had to have a red bull this afternoon but other than that it's all good.

Came home tonight and found that my daddy had cooked dinner, he's a good boy, and it was delicious. I've got some all packed up for lunch tomorrow.

I've just watched the trailer for Breaking Dawn and Oh My Word. I cannot wait. At all. I want it to be now. Right now. Except Carlisle looks like he got fat, which is disappointing AND they cut Edwards hair which is even worse.

Right so i'm going to quickly update my food for today and then watch some football (as long as my dad manages not to throw something through the telly).

Night all. :nightf:
xx

Last edited:
15/09 EE

Good morning,

My actual word. It's freezing. :gen125:Brrrr.

Back to plan this morning, after my extremely synful last day or so.

Food times:
Breakfast:
Banana, Weetabix Minis (HEB), Skimmed Milk (1/2HEA)

Lunch:
Leftover dinner:
Pork, new potatoes, peppers, aubergine, onion.

Dinner:
Scandinavian style meatballs & tagliatelle

Snacks:
1/4 Honeydew Melon
Go ahead Fruit bake bar (6)
Pear

UPDATE:
I am starving today - proper hungry.

UPDATE 2:
Dinner was...not nice. The texture was all wrong and it just wasn't nice :D I do not recommend it.

xx

Last edited:
16/09 Green

Good morning,

So i'm on Friday of my challenge and I have gotton up an hour before i'm due to leave every morning and had my brekkie at home. I actually quite like it.

So food times today:
Breakfast:
Weetabix Minis (HEB), Skimmed Milk (1/2HEA)

Lunch:
Heinz Pasta Pouch - Creamy Mushroom & Red Pepper Sauce with Penne (3.5)

Dinner:
Spicy vegatable curry & Rice (0.5)

Snacks:

xx

Last edited:
Hiya hun!

How is your weekend going? Just thought I would check in and see if you are ok as not seen you for a couple of days!

xx

:D Hi!

Yeah I haven't checked in because i've been pretty much off plan for the weekend. Way too much chocolate has been consumed. And I had pizza. It was thin crust and loaded with veg but it was still pizza. Oh and malteasers. Lots of malteasers. I just went mental. For no real reason. It was fun though.

Anywhoose. Sorta back on plan this morning. I haven't been mental but I would say I was back on plan properly. I will be tomorrow though. I'm ready to have a 100% week, i'm not doing anything so it's perfect to get back into the swing of things.

I have also come to the decision to do SW from home for various reasons, including that i'm just not getting anything from group anymore. I'm joining online so i've still got access to syns online and the food directory.

I've always said that i'd never have the motivation to do the plan from home but I think i'm going to be fine. I think. Maybe. Well I guess we'll soon find out :D

Food diary will resume in all its normalness tomorrow... and it'll be me being 100% and weighing in to find out just how bad i've been.

xx

:D Hi!

Yeah I haven't checked in because i've been pretty much off plan for the weekend. Way too much chocolate has been consumed. And I had pizza. It was thin crust and loaded with veg but it was still pizza. Oh and malteasers. Lots of malteasers. I just went mental. For no real reason. It was fun though.

Anywhoose. Sorta back on plan this morning. I haven't been mental but I would say I was back on plan properly. I will be tomorrow though. I'm ready to have a 100% week, i'm not doing anything so it's perfect to get back into the swing of things.

I have also come to the decision to do SW from home for various reasons, including that i'm just not getting anything from group anymore. I'm joining online so i've still got access to syns online and the food directory.

I've always said that i'd never have the motivation to do the plan from home but I think i'm going to be fine. I think. Maybe. Well I guess we'll soon find out :D

Food diary will resume in all its normalness tomorrow... and it'll be me being 100% and weighing in to find out just how bad i've been.

xx

Ah well, as you say back on plan tomorrow :) Its the right attitude, you enjoyed it, move on and back on it tomorrow!

I think you will be fine doing it from home, I went to class right at the beginning but have been doing it from home for the past 12 months and have lost, slowly, but its coming off. You know the plan, you have lost a good amount already so no reason why you can't carry on. Like you say, no point in going to class if you aren't getting what you need/want from it.

What day do you weigh, are you staying the same? Don't know if it would work for you, but I weigh on a Friday because then if I do end up going a bit off plan at the weekend, I still have 4 days Mon-Fri morning before I weigh and I find it easier to be on plan during the week with the routine of work.

Anyway glad you are back and are feeling positive!! xx

19/09 EE

Morning,

Nah, I quite like starting my week on a Monday it just seems right :) so i'll stick to my WI on Mondays, as soon as I get in from work.

Well I'm very organised today. I got up early as per last weeks challenge, i've got dinner in the slow cooker and i'm eating my porridge - bet I still have last minute rush to the car though! So this week my challenge is a 100% week. This shouldn't be a problem. I may have a dinner out at Nando's but I can do that within syns, so no worries.

Food times for today:
Breakfast:
Oats so Simple (HEB) + Skimmed Milk (HEA), Grated Pear

Lunch:
Salad - lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot, cherry tomatoes, egg, cous cous (3), sweetcorn. Ham.
Shape Delight Yogurt (0.5)

Dinner:
Beef Stew & Mash -
Beef, carrots, celery, mushrooms, stock, thyme. Tato's, flora light (2). Broccoli sweetcorn

Snacks:
Alpan light bar x 2 (6)
Jacobs flatbread crackery thingy (2)
WW Caramel Mallow (2.5)

Syns: 16

UPDATE:
I put on 3lbs this week. Not bad at all considering that I went so badly off plan and it is * week. Going shopping in about an hour so planning out my evening meals for the week.

Been shopping and i'm not sat with my pepsi max and I needed a sweet treat so i've gone over syns by 1. I'm not going to cry over 1 syn it'll sort itself out over the week. Night all.

xx

Last edited:
Back