Stacks food and rambles...

Ah right I thought it was the Sachets. I love the golden syrup one but at the moment am eating the dorset cereal ones as they were the only flavoured ones on the hex list. I was just curious as to what you were having lol
Thanks

Nope I don't sweeten my porridge, I find it quite sweet without adding to it.

We're heading into weekend times and I typically struggle at weekends without the routine of work.

I'd hoped to put something all insightful and thoughtful here but honestly i'm pretty much thinking nothing. I'm already in zombie mode after this week.

Round up times:
Green
Syns: 10

xx

03/09 - EE

:bliss:Weekend. It's the weekend.

WOOOOOOOO! The only downside is I struggle with the whole food thing during the weekend, mainly because the fridge is so darn accessible. Plus it's WI on Monday and I really feel like I haven't lost anything. I haven't been on the scales but I just feel it a little bit. Well I guess we'll see.

Food times for today:
Breakfast:
As always on a Saturday I wasn't up in time for breakfast :D

Lunch:
Toast (HEB), Clover (3), Eggs, Tomato

Dinner:
Lamb and root veg stew:
Pearl barley, Lamb pieces, garlic, shallots, baby new potatos, carrots, celery, swede, stock.

Snacks:
Babybel x 2 (HEA)
Lemon Hi-Fi bar (5.5)

xx

Last edited:
Hiya lovely!!

I know what you mean about weekends, I struggle too, without the routine of work I just seem to fall of the wagon. Day looks good so far though :)

Do you do most of your cooking at home? The stew sounds lovely, can't wait to get my slow cooker out again and start making some yummy stews and casseroles.

We are having burgers tonight to watch x factor, feels naughty but still on plan, although can't have a bun now as I had a piece of toast with my breakfast :sigh: I find it impossible to have bacon, egg and beans without some toast.

Don't feel glum about WI on Monday, you might surprise yourself :D

I'm watching Nigel Slaters simple suppers to get some ideas- I love him. Wish I could just spend my time growing veg and making yummy things.

Hope you have a good day honey xx

I agree with you that you can't have bacon, egg and beans without toast! It seems wrong somehow :D

I tend to cook from scratch most nights, I used to cook before SW but with jars and out of the freezer etc... then when I started SW this time I though if I cook from scratch I can make my evening meals FREE, which means more syns for chocolate!!!! And it's nice and relaxing after work, I can take any aggression out when I chop up veg!

I'm currently cooking my way through the little book that came with this months magazine, pretty much in order. I'm only on reciple 3 at the minute but the other 2 have been pretty darn nice :D

I record the Xfactor so I don't have to sit through the adverts, so i'll be watching it about an hour late. But it stops me from getting annoyed at the ridiculous advert breaks that go on during the show.

Stew is currently on the hob cooking away, didn't realise it needed 2 1/2 hours on the hob so at half 3 had to throw it together pretty sharpish so we can eat at 6 :eek:

xx

Oh my. Dinner smells amazing! :drool:

I can't wait to eat it now... over an hour to go though :cry:

:eat:

UPDATE:
Dinner was beautiful. I'd eat that every single day if I could. Yummy yummy yummy yummy.

ANOTHER UPDATE:
Ok so I couldn't be bothered to make a new reply it's all about the editing babay!

Round up times for today:
Extra Easy
Syns: 8.5

xx

Last edited:
04/09 EE

Good afternoon to you all,

So i've caught up with my biggest loser weekend fix :D Love that show. Back in the day I took an almost perverse delight in watching it while eating ice cream. Obviously I don't engage in that type of behaviour anymore... but still.

Food times for today:
Breakfast:
Once again, not up for breakfast. :eek:

Lunch:
Warburtons Thin (5), Clover (3), Eggs, Tomato

Dinner:
Beef with Mushroom (from the little book thing), pasta.

Snacks:
Crunchy nut cornflakes (15), Skimmed Milk (HEA)
Hi-fi bar (HEB)

xx

Last edited:
05/09 Green

Ok, yesterday didn't go quite as planned. I fell off the wagon not super badly, but I still fell off. I just really wanted a massive bowl of crunchy nut. So I had a massive bowl of crunchy nut and I enjoyed it immensly.
Round up for yesterday:
Day:
Extra Easy
Syns: 23
Weekly syns: 112.5

TBH I haven't gone way over in terms of weeklies just 7.5 syns, so that makes me feel a little bit better. :sigh: We'll just have to see what happens at WI tonight.

Ah well back on track for today (which isn't a problem, i'm back at work. Food is therefore already restricted - no access to the fridge at home).

I also need to stop buying convience foods for lunch - at one point I used to make all my lunches from scratch every night - or else bring leftovers. Must start doing that again.

Food times for today:
Breakfast:
Oats so Simple (HEB) + (3.5)

Lunch:
Uncle Ben's Rice Times - Cantonese (1)
Shape Delight Yogurt (0.5)

Dinner:
Cheese (HEA), onion, courgette & tomato Omelette.

Snacks:
Weetabix Oaty Bar - Milk Chocolate (4)
Banana
Apple

xx

Last edited:
Hey lovely

Good luck for tonight :fingerscrossed: don't worry about last night (I LOVE crunchy nuts but cannot be trusted) as you say only 7.5 over for the whole week that is only 150 calories- hardly anything!!

I need to be more prepared for lunch too getting bored of salad! I like having something hot for lunch especially as it coming into Winter.

I shall be checking back later to see how you get on xxx

1.5lbs on. Gained. Really?! REALLY?! I'm not a happy bunny. I may have had a blip but that didn't deserve a 1.5lb gain!! :( I'm a little bored of the yo-yo losses at the moment.

:sigh: I know, I know. Draw a line under it and start again. Doesn't help that all I want to do is go to the canteen in the morning and have a sausage bap. In fact that's what i'm going to do.

I'm not going out this week so I think tomorrow i'm going to go a little bit off plan. Relax about my food, get some perspective and be back on 100% on Wednesday. I'm not going to go mental i'm just not going to be so obsessive about what i'm eating. How many calories/how many syns/is it worth it/do I want it? Just a day not thinking about it will do me a world of good...

I might feel differently in the morning though... :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Why is losing weight so darn difficult. Why is it so easy to put weight on but a nightmare to get back off? Who made those rules up?! I just wanted the weeks when I wasn't going out for a meal or going drinking to be really good in terms of weight loss, I was going to take advantage of them and apparently I haven't.

Right. Must think long term... thinking long term. I'm lighter than I was when I started SW, 2 stone lighter to be precise, i've still got the rest of the month to pull it back. Thinking positive. Will not have a sausage sandwich tomorrow. I'll have weetabix instead. I haven't had weetabix for aaaaages. Not quite the same but i'll deal.

Now this was a proper ramble :D but i'm still thinking postive.

Positive. Positve. Positive. Positive. Ish.

However, not only did I gain tonight but this was my Consultants last night too. And we have no idea whether the group is still running. Whether there will be a Consultant for us next week, or what the hell is going on in general. If my group closes thats it. I can't get to another group and i'm not sure I can follow the plan from home...

xx

Last edited:
06/09 EE

Right, well last night was rubbish. Thankfully the co-op was shut when I was walking home from group, if it wasn't I would've run in there and bought as much chocolate as I could carry. Instead I had some toast.

But instead of doing my stupid plan of going off track for a day, I am back on plan this morning - even though I did visit the canteen but I was good :innocent0002:ish.

So the plan of action for this week is to vary my breakfasts and syns because I'm having the same kind of thing for my breakfast every day (porridge) and mainly to vary up my syns because i'm having my syns on the same thing nearly every day. So as variety is the spice of life, I'm going to give it a go.

My mum told me this morning that my sister was finally deciding to lose some weight because she is seeing how much I am losing and 'won't let me be the skinny sister'. Which is fantastic, my sister has been big since teenage years and over the last year has piled the weight on and it was starting to worry my family so the fact that my weight loss made her kinda evaluate her own weight is fantastic and definately stopped me buying sausages this morning.

Also, I did my average weight loss since I started SW. Last WI was my 35th so that makes my average 0.8lbs a week. Which is fine (ish) :D.

Food times:
Breakfast:
Bacon sandwich:-
2 x Kingsmill Wholemeal Bread (HEB) + (3), Marg (4), Bacon
Fruit salad:-
Melon, pineapple, apple

Lunch:
Salad:-
Lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, sweetcorn, egg, cous cous (3), chicken.

Dinner:
Pasta, courgette, red pepper, tomatos, peas, tuna. Cheese (HEA).

Snacks:
Banana, Apple
Rocky Crispy Crunch (4.5)

Last edited:
Glad to see you're feeling better today and yay great news about your sister being inspired by you and that inspiring you not to buy sausages :) Not read many of your posts but youve lost loads! :eek: It might not be mega fast but obviously you can do it if you've lost this much! What you having for tea? Do you plan it beforehand or just take it as it goes? Well done on getting this far and stick at it, youre doing great! x :)

I usually plan my evening meals for the week, but it's shopping night tonight so i've got nothing planned. Luckily i've got alot of leftovers in the freezer (all SW recipes). So i'll have one of them when I get home.

You're right, the weight loss may be slow, but slow is good. Slow is sustainable, it's just a little frustrating :D

xx

Stackhead said:
Right, well last night was rubbish. Thankfully the co-op was shut when I was walking home from group, if it wasn't I would've run in there and bought as much chocolate as I could carry. Instead I had some toast.

But instead of doing my stupid plan of going off track for a day, I am back on plan this morning - even though I did visit the canteen but I was good :innocent0002:ish.

So the plan of action for this week is to vary my breakfasts and syns because I'm having the same kind of thing for my breakfast every day (porridge) and mainly to vary up my syns because i'm having my syns on the same thing nearly every day. So as variety is the spice of life, I'm going to give it a go.

My mum told me this morning that my sister was finally deciding to lose some weight because she is seeing how much I am losing and 'won't let me be the skinny sister'. Which is fantastic, my sister has been big since teenage years and over the last year has piled the weight on and it was starting to worry my family so the fact that my weight loss made her kinda evaluate her own weight is fantastic and definately stopped me buying sausages this morning.

Also, I did my average weight loss since I started SW. Last WI was my 35th so that makes my average 0.8lbs a week. Which is fine (ish) :D.

Food times:
Breakfast:
Bacon sandwich:-
2 x Kingsmill Wholemeal Bread (HEB) + (3), Marg (4), Bacon
Fruit salad:-
Melon, pineapple, apple

Lunch:
Salad:-
Lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, sweetcorn, egg, cous cous (3), chicken.

Dinner:

Snacks:

Hey lovely!

Right I'm on my phone so can't write an essay but:

1.5lbs very undeserved I agree, but could be water, bloating, a good toilet trip! You know how much weight can fluctuate day to day, so chin up honey! It will be gone with extra next week. Also remember your awesome loss last week!

Second, how fantastic that you have inspired your sister to lose some weight too, bit of healthy competition!

I am very proud that you have stayed on track and didn't wobble this morning or last night. Well done!

Lastly, sorry that your group had finished :( hopefully a new one will start, if not of course you can do it from home! You know the plan hun. I don't go to class so I would be more than happy to weigh together one night or something! My friend ans I used to meet at tesco and have a mini class together!

Xx

:D Thanks! Freshstartnewme! I knew it would be hard to shift weight after 7lbs last week... it's just sucky!

And I did tell members at group that if there wasn't a group next week we'd nip over to the pub across the road and have our meeting there!!

I'm even cutting out the fizzy (sort of) this afternoon. I'm not having my usual diet coke and have opted for lemon & lime sparkling water instead. Feeling rather virtuous I have to say :angel09:.

I am doing a 100% week this week. I am. No blips no bumps nothing. And hope that the scales catch up next week (if there is a class. Hopefully :p).

UPDATE:
Today has been harded than I thought it would be. I went and did the shopping tonight which was ok, lingered around the chocolate for quite some time though, luckily my head stopped me from buying a massive bar. Bought some rocky's instead (like 2.5 bites worth of chocolate but meh). Then the Sainsburys is next door to McDonalds so it took a great deal of will power to drive the other way and not go through the drive through.
It ends on a high though. I've resisted temptation, made my lunch for tomorrow (leftovers totally count as 'made') and am now summarising with a can of diet cherry coke (slightly warm but still yummy) and my rocky. So today has been:
Extra Easy
Syns: 15

xx

Last edited:
07/09 EE

Good morning people of Minimins,

I'm feeling good this morning, feeling good. Ran proper late this morning after taking far to long in the shower (the shower was warm and the room cold).

Food times for today:
Breakfast:
Oats so simple (HEB) + (3.5), Banana

Lunch:
Pasta, courgette, tomatoes, red pepper, sweetcorn, tuna, mozzarella (HEA)

Dinner:
Zesty chicken pasta thing: Not great, but edible..
Chicken, pasta, cherry tomatoes, green beans, peas, lemon, basil, parsley, garlic.

Snacks:
Apple
Go ahead Fruit Bakes, Apple & Blackberry (6)
Rocky Crispy Crunch (4.5)

UPDATE:
Today has been easy, really darn easy, (to be a little cheesy perhaps it's been Extra Easy). Felt all smug eating my pasta while everyone (I mean EVERYONE) in my department had curly fries from the canteen (I love love love curly fries). The HR department opposite me had McDonalds and god only knows what IT were eating but it smelt darn good. Yet I didn't want it, wanted me pasta because it was scrummy.

Dinner was a little lemoney for me. I also didn't realise that I was going to have pasta twice today until I looked at my meal planner this morning. Oops. Poor planning on my part.

So had my choccy i'm sipping away at my diet coke and everything is a-ok.

Round up times:
Day: Extra Easy - I just about managed 1/3 SF, could've done more with Dinner...
Syns: 15

xx

Last edited:
08/09 Green

Green day today, I love green days, probably because I don't have to overdose on fruit and veg and I can have MUSHY PEAS (I know I can have them on EE but I like a big pile of mushy peas and nought else)!! I'm also having potato twice today. I'm liking repeating my carbs...

So food times for today:
Breakfast:
Oats so simple sachet (HEB) + (HEA), Banana

Lunch:
Jacket potato & Baked beans

Dinner:
SW wedges, egg, mushy peas.

Snacks:
Apple
Alpan bar x 2 (6)
Go ahead fruit bake - cherry (6.5)
Hi-fi bar (HEB)

UPDATE:
Well, er, having beans and mushy peas on the same day was certainly not the best idea when you do live with other people... :D it's making me laugh though.

I really wanted Malteasers from the trolley today, had enough syns left at the time too, but the trolley lady didn't have any :cry:, it was very traumatic.

Anywhose, I think that is about how deep i'm going to get tonight. Round up times:
Day: GREEN
Syns: 13

xx

Last edited:
Morning all,

After writing my post last night I had a binge. Can't identify why but I just couldn't stop eating. I had:
1 x fruit bake bar (6)
2 x Rocky crunch (9)
1 x Hi-fi bar (6)
which makes 21 syns. Pfffft. Limiting myself to 8 syns for the rest of the week.

Food times for today:
Breakfast:
Oats so simples (HEB) + (3.5)
Banana

Lunch:
Salad: Lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, egg, chicken.
Shape Yogurt (0.5)

Dinner:
Pork noodley thing (0.5)
Pork, carrot, courgette, red pepper, yellow pepper, passata, soy sauce, rice vinegar, cornflour, noodles.

Snacks:

Last edited:
Back