Stacks food and rambles...

Stackhead

Slow and steady...
Hello all!

I did it, i've bitten the bullet and i've decided to keep my food diary on here, for a bit of accountability really. I'm hoping having to publish my food will keep me on the straight and narrow.
After my small breakdown last night i'm also hoping that this will help me stay sane(ish) :D

So about me:
Name: My name is Stacey, but everyone calls me Stack. Because Stacey is clearly a very hard name to say :D
Birthday: 11th June - I was 22 this year.
Favourite colour: Green or Purple not both together though
Location: I returned to my homevillage of Saxilby (near Lincoln) after spending 3 years at Uni in Birmingham. It was a little bit of a shock to the system :D
Stuff I likes to do: I read. Like alot. I've always got a book in my hand.
But I like watching movies too. Sometimes reading and watching a movie at the same time :D

Now you know a little bit about me, here we go...

xx

Yay *another* Gemini, AND from Lincolnshire! :) Looking forward to the diary.

23/08

I don't usually plan my meals for all day. Just my evening meal, but i'm going out for dinner tonight so thought I should.
GREEN day today, just because i'm not sure I can do 1/3 SF.
I'll update with snacks through the day.

Breakfast:
Oats so simple, Original, 50g Pot (HEB) + (3.5)

Lunch:
Salad - Lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot, sweetcorn. Boiled Egg. Ham (HEB).
Activia peach snackpot (0.5)

Dinner:
I'm going to ASK so will have Spaghetti Al Pomodoro, which in English is:
Rich tomato sauce prepared to let its ingredients shine. Garlic,fresh basil and Santos tomatoes, with torn buffalo mozzarella and a final drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.

I've saved my 2 HEA's for the Mozzarella and have allowed 10 syns for the oil. I think thats overestimating, but i'd rather be over than under.

Snacks:
Banana, Apple

xx

Last edited:
I'm really proud of myself. It's only a day but i've been 100% even with a meal out. YAY! Some kind of motivation is returning.

Right then so today:
GREEN
Total syns: 14

I'm off to do some work (ugh bringing work home). Then i'm going to finish eclipse so I can start on one of the many new books on my bookcase :D

xx

24/08

Hi Erm :welcome:

Aye, Lincolnshire born n'bred I be a Yellabelly n' proud! I'm also a Gemini and have the dual personality to go with it :D For example: Yesterday = :cry:Today = :bliss:

I'm feeling the need to litter everything with smilies today.... I'm feeling really positive at the minute, last night I got in from ASK, was watching the tv - the biggest loser ironically - and was bored so went in the kitchen to make myself a sandwich, opened the bread bin and stopped. Made myself a NAS Ribena instead :D

So food times for today:

Breakfast:
Oats so simple porridge pot, (HEB) + (3.5)
Apple

Lunch:
I liked lunch so much yesterday, i'm having the same thing.
Salad: Lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot. Sweetcorn, Boiled Egg, Ham. Cous Cous (2).
Activia peach snackpot (0.5)

Dinner:
It's got an actual italian name, but essentially it's tomato and bacon pasta :D
Pasta, tinned tomatoes, celery, carrot, bacon, onion, chilli, garlic, little bit of splenda. Found some courgettes in the fridge that needed eating so threw them in too.
I'll either have that with some brocolli or some salad. I'll see how I feel later.
Oh, and my (HEA) of cheese on the top.

Snacks:
Ready Salted French Fries (5)
Mini Babybel - Gouda (3)

xx

Last edited:
I'm feeling the need to litter everything with smilies today.... I'm feeling really positive at the minute, last night I got in from ASK, was watching the tv - the biggest loser ironically - and was bored so went in the kitchen to make myself a sandwich, opened the bread bin and stopped. Made myself a NAS Ribena instead :D

:happy096:

24/08

So day 2 of being back on track is complete. I have to say it was actually kinda easy.
Went shopping today and bought lots of things that I can have as syns rather than chocolate, because that seems to be my downfall.
So i'm now sat drinking a carton of NAS cherry vimto (YUMS!) and eating a Gouda babybel - which I had never seen before therefore had to buy AND try tonight. They are yummy - my new fave I think :D

So today was:
Extra Easy
Syns: 14

Green day tomorrow, I love green days.

I think i'm going to watch an episode of biggest loser (recorded from Sunday) and then trot off to bed.

Night all.

xx

Last edited:
25/08 - GREEN

So it's a yummy Green day today. I'm currently planning my parents Christmas/Birthday presents. My Dad turns 50 next year so I was thinking something BIG. So far me and my sister have concluded that we want to send Mum and Dad to New York over my Dad's birthday as a joint Christmas/Birthday for both of them - but we're not sure we can scrape together £1000 each for the trip :sigh: - wish we could though. I'd love to see his face on Christmas morning opening that present :D

Right then, to food:

Breakfast:
Weetabix (HEB), Semi-Skimmed Milk (HEA), Banana
Work didn't have any skimmed milk left so I felt like I was eating my weetabix with cream... not the nicest of things.

Lunch:
Easy Bean Veg Chilli (FREE), Bread (HEB) - Warburtons Wholemeal 400g 2 slices
Shape Delight, Mango (0.5)

Dinner:
Quorn sausage and baked bean bake:
Quorn sausages (they will be cut up but i'm going to guess no more than 3 - so (3)), Baked beans, onions, cheese (HEA), mashed potato
I'll have a bag of steamfresh veg on the side.

Snacks:
Weetabix Oaty Bar - Toffee Dazzler (4)
Pear
Snack-a-jacks - Sour cream & Chive (4.5)

xx

Last edited:
So day 3 back on track. I love SW because you seem to know when the plan is working. It's like if you do a diet where you need to go into ketosis, you pee on a stick and when it turns pink or whatever you know it's working. On Slimming World the minute you get windy (TMI :D) clearly the plan is working. And boy. Today, it's working.

So I just finished watching 'Easy A' the latest film from my lovefilm list - I dunno I saw it had that actor guy - Penn somethingorother from gossip girl - he's attractive, so it went on the list. I was nicely surprised. Predictable, but it left me with a smile on my face.

Anywhoose. The plan is going well. My goal to cut out my nemisis - chocolate - is going well. Had a craving at trolley lady time. Got a Dr Pepper Zero and stuffed my face with snack-a-jacks and it went away :D

Round up time before I start talking outloud while I type like they do in the movies:

GREEN day
Syns: 12

It's Friday tomorrow and then bank holiday weekend! Hell to the Ye-ah. Not that i'm doing anything but hey a day off work is not to be sneered at.

Much love and night all.

xx

26/08 EE

Good morning everyone,

Food diary for today:

Breakfast:
I had intended to have magic porridge, made it yesterday, brought it to work and lets just say I wasn't impressed :yuk:
So I had the banana that I had intended to have with the porrdge. About 20 mins later I was still hungry, so went upstairs and bought a bacon sandwich.
So:
Bacon I took the fat off and it is grilled, I asked :), 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB) + (3), Marg (3)

Lunch:
Well was meant to have Easy Bean Veg Chilli - which would've been FREE however, went upstairs and had jacket potato with chicken and bacon in mayo. So basically all my syns for the rest of the day = gone.

Oh then I had a cream cake. Darn it! I'm not panicking thought. It's not the end of the world. Low syns over the weekend - which is doable i'm not doing anything anyway and it should be all good.

Dinner:
Spag Bol:
Extra Lean Mince, Tinned tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, Mushrooms, Stock, Pasta, Salad. Cheese (HEA)

Snacks:

xx

Last edited:
Wahey, looks like its going good :) Wlel you know it is if you start talking out loud x :D

Hello visitors!

Well, it was going well... stupid canteen and then cream cake pffft.

Ah well, these things happen. Not going to go off the rails. I ate it, it's over. Low syns over the weekend and it's all good.

xx

So update for today, clearly somethings punishing me for going off track (or I just caught I bug going round the office) but I got sent home from work at 3. I went really light headed and weak and my right arm wouldn't stop shaking.

Feeling better but haven't had anything else to eat, probably won't for a while either. Hmumph. Not happy that I seem to have fallen sick for the bank holiday weekend. Not happy at all.

Hopefully it's like a 12 hour thing (wishful thinking) and I can be right as rain tomorrow. Either way a new book arrived this morning. From the series A song of fire and ice - book 1 game of thrones. Watched the tv show last weekend and really enjoyed it so thought i'd read the series, as yet the book hasn't disappointed and the scriptwriters clearly read it as alot of the lines in the show are exact to the book. So I imagine i'll be curled up on the sofa tomorrow reading.

xx

Hi Stackhead - enjoying your posts, they make me laugh 'tho you aren't remotely stackheadish. Hope you are feeling better - maybe it was the weight of the cream cake that affected your arm or you have got some kind of canteenitis..Don't worry it will go away and you can go back to your windy beans and stuff.

i love reading too but I take ages to start a book because i don't want to finish it if you know what I mean! I must make more of an effort and then i can read twice as many.

Good luck with your plan, I'm sure you'll do well

Pomooky XXX

HAHA! It takes me ages to start a book because once i've started that's it. You won't get anything coherent out of me until it's finished.

I smashed a glass on the kitchen floor too, it just fell out of my hand. Smooshed into teeny weeny pieces too. Today is just not my day. :D

Ah well, things can only get better right? Who sang that? I need to know. Answers on a postcode pease.

xx

27/08 EE

So feeling a little bit better today, so i'm hoping I was just a little bit off yesterday.

Food times:

Breakfast:
Yeah, I wasn't actually up in time for breakfast... :D

Lunch:
Omelette:
Eggs, Onions, Courgettes, Mushrooms, Tomatoes.

Dinner:
Bacon & Veg 'Pie' - Mashed tato, carrots, green beans, courgettes, onion, bacon, ham, fat free cottage cheese, HEA Cheese. 2x Sainsburys Butchers Choice 50% fat Sausages (5), steamfresh veg pack

Snacks:
Shape Delights - Mango (0.5)
Chocolate Orange Hi-Fi bar (HEB)
Shape Chocolate Yogurt (5)

xx

Last edited:
Today has been lovely, it's nice to do nothing every now and then. I've sat in front of the tv all day watching 4 weddings :D It's been good times.

Round up time for me:
Extra Easy
Syns: 10.5

xx

28/08 EE

WI tomorrow and i'm actually pretty excited. Except for my blip on Friday i've been 100% so bring on 7.30 tomorrow evening!!

Food times for today:
Breakfast:
Bacon, Eggs, Toast (HEB), Clover (3), Tomatoes, Mushrooms.

Lunch:
Leftover bacon & veg 'pie' - will spread my (HEA) Cheese over the day as i'm going to have the rest for tea.

Dinner:
Same as last night, and it was darn good! (5)

Snacks:
Packet of wotsits (5)

xx

Last edited:
Today has been nice and relaxing again. Watched the Gran Prix (c'mon Jenson)! Then watched Man U kick the pants off Arsenal (8-2!!! :8855: not that i'm biased or nuffin).

I'm currently updating my iPod as I realised that i'm going to see a few bands in the coming months - none of which feature on my iPod, so i'm rectifying that situation right now. First up - Noah & the Whale for my friends birfday - then Pigeon Detectives.

And i'm so excited!! I got tickets for Kaiser Chiefs in February!!! These ones do feature on my iPod somewhat.

At this point i'd usually round up, but it's only 8 so I might want to munch something else later...

I'll put it in though ready for updating:
Extra Easy
Syns: 13

xx

Back