Staring LT tomorrow. Terrified!

Doireann

Hi all. Im starting LT tomorrow and Im really scared. Id love any support or tips anyone might have to help get me through the first few days. I know ill be ok if i make it to ketosis. Im so tired of being fat. I need to loose 3.5 stones which I suppose isn't too bad. Getting married on New Years' Eve and want to feel slim and beautiful on my wedding day. I've never been thin since I was a child. Really, really hope I get though it and lose the excess flab fast!
D.

The best advice I can give is keep yourself busy and drink atleast 3 but no more then 4 liters of water a day as this will help flush out the rubbish in your system and help you get into Ketosis. 3 and a half stone should not take you too long so you should be able to achieve your goal well before your wedding once you stick to the diet.

But seriously keep as busy as possible, run errands, do your nails, find old paperwork to do, reorganise your wardrobe and think of the fat clothes you are going to get rid of and then go online and find fab skinny clothes that you will look wonderful in :)

Good luck D :)

Good luck hunnie, you will be fine, don't be scared. You just need to be prepared to feel rubbish for a few days. Once you get to your first weigh in and lose a good amount you will see that it is so worth it :D

Good luck hun!

Best advice is to write down why you want to be slimmer and when you get low moments read through it. Have some distractions ready aswell.

Maybe have a wedding dress pic stuck on the fridge to keep you focused on your goal. Mostly keep drinking your water and once you get to your 1st weigh in you'll realise it was worth it and it'll spur you on.

xox

Thanks for all the tips everyone! Im really impressed by the level of support available here and the sense of comradery between everyone. It's so helpful to know all of you are on the journey too. I think its a brilliant idea to write down my motivations and Im definitely going to do that tonight. I have picked my dress yet but I've been looking at loads of lovely dresses in photos and I find that a great motivator too.
Im sure Ill be back on here soon.
Take care everyone.

Good Luck for today :)

Hi everyone!
I managed day 1 100%. Not finding hunger a big problem today but OMG the shakes are just vile. They make me gag. I have tried the chicken soup hot (worst of the 3 I had), then chocolate one dissolved in hot peppermint tea (icky) and half a vanilla one dissolved in coffee tonight (also icky). I think they taste like plastic. I am super positive and motivated about LT overall and I feel so disheartened today that the shakes are this bad. Im really, really hoping that Im maybe finding them this bad as my palate is used to tasty unhealthy food, and that they will make me gag less after a few days of perseverance.
Please tell me the shakes get easier to take!

On the plus side:
189 days 100% off cigarettes
1 day 100% off food.

Note:
'Eat yourself happy and smoke yourself thin' DOES NOT WORK - LOL.

D.

I can't drink them hot, find them yak! Try mixing up the chocolate or vanilla ones with cold water and adding a teaspoon of coffee crystals, I use a hand blender to whizz it up. Then I add 3-4 ice cubes and give it a good stir. I can down it as long as it's Brrrrrr COLD! ;)

The shakes are lovely made up with just cold water. I once tried the chocolate shake hot with coffee and it was gross!!! I really love the chicken soup, I know most people hate it though. I ask for 7 so I have 1 every evening. I sit down once my daughters in bed and I have it with a spoon, really feels like I'm having a normal meal (well almost!!)
Hope day 2 is going well!

Hi everyone,
On day 3. So far so good. Thanks Ovolass and Wowflooze for the tip - I prefer the shakes cold. Ice cold strawberry in lots of water with ice is my favourite! Just finished one and it was lovely. Im really glad and relieved that I am figuring out ways to take the shakes that suit me.

How is everyone else getting on?

I haven't really noticed any 'side effects' yet - other than peeing lots.
How will I know when I go in to ketosis? Everyone says it happens day 3-5, I hope Im more of a day 3 person. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good today :)
D.

hi hun your doing well keep at it.i am on week 8 and still find some days hard but just keep thinking i am over half way there.there is lots of support on here think its fab,just take it day by day it flys by trust me x.

Made it to day 15 100% on LT. Was thrilled with loss of 11 lbs in first week but disappointed with loss of only 3 lbs in second week :-(

Week 2 tends to be a little lower. I lost 9 lb first week, then 3 but then up to 6 the third week. As the pharmacist said to me week 1 is all fluid. Itay only be 3 lb but its 3 lb of fat gone for good!!

yeah it does tend to go a bit like that hun, If you have a lot of weight to lose the more you lose if you get me. i have been losing between 3 to 4lbs a week for a while now but at least its consistant. Dont be down hearted with that hun its still a good loss keep your chin up x.

Sounds like your doing a great job! The 2nd week does tend to be a lot less but as others have said if you have a lot to loose that might not be the case. Just keep going though as it really is worth it! This diet has literally changed my life and again as others have said you'll have lost the weight for your wedding way before the actual day.

Tc and keep strong :)

Hi everyone,
Thanks angelicloser, shellybum and willowfire for your words of encouragement! I haven't let my initial disappointment of 3 lb loss put me off track and today is day 18 of 100% LTing!
I want to ask the advice of all you LTers out there who are more experienced than I am about clothes sizes and target weights.

I've been wedding dress shopping which is very exciting. I think I've found 'the dress' and Ill try to post a photo below....if it works on my phone! I will have to order my dress very soon as my wedding is just over 6 months away and it takes a long time to get the dress in and must allow for alterations etc. I must ask your advice about it - I don't know what size dress to order. Im currently just fitting into size 14 clothes. Im planning to stay 100% for 12 weeks, depending on my results. I also feel uncertain about what my goal weight should be. My initial plan was to get to 10.5 stone - that's bang in the middle of the healthy BMI range for my height. Now I am tempted to go down to 9.5 stone if I can. It is for my wedding day after all!
Xxx Doireann.

Back