Starkissed's 'Get me to goal..12.5lbs to go!!!' Newbie EE Food Diary :)

starkissedx

Gold Member
Hello :) This diary will hopefully be the start of something new which will be able to finish off my weight loss journey to goal..A bit about myself firstly..

I am 21 years old and a final year univeristy student. This is going to sound cliche, and has been said sooo many times before... but i have never been the slim girl. Always been the slightly larger one in the group kinda thing..I tried to lose weight at home from around the age of 16 (failed) and from then until the end of May 2011 (when i was 20) i was in the spiral of yo yo dieting, 3 days on, binge, try something new, binge, blah blah..

I joined weight watchers (my first time ever being at a slimming club) on 24th May 2011 and to this day i have lost almost 2 stone there and now have 12.5lbs to my goal weight which is 10 stone 4lbs.

However with weight watchers, although i have lost a good amount of weight i have been complacent some of the time...and i feel like i am becoming 'bored' if thats the right word to use...of the plan. My mother joined slimming world last night and asked me to give it a go with her and see if it might help me get to goal.I hope the buzz of a new plan will get my motivation rolling again and i shall hopefully lose these last few lbs. I also want to be able to maintain after i reach goal, and want to consider which way i feel more comfortable with..

I have been stalking the slimming world forum today and have decided i am going to try some EE days to start with as they seem easy to begin with.

I have planned tomorrows intake and i would greatly appreciate it if someone could let me know if it sounds ok and is following the rules correctly....(i am going to post it in another post below)also i won't be going to class so this diary and those who read it will hopefully give me the support and guidance i need to blitz these 12.5lbs once and for all.....oh and i weigh in tuesdays so will only be having 3 full days on slimming world this week so not expecting a major loss as i have been naughty and off plan today....eeeek.

Sorry for the ramble...i am prone to a good ramble, so bear with me ;)

xx

Day One EE Plan (04/02/12)

Breakfast
1 oatso simple original sachet - HEXB
semi skimmed milk - 1/2 HEXA
banana

Lunch
baked beans and scrambled eggs, with mushrooms and onions, 1 mandarin orange

Dinner
pasta & meatballs made with extra lean mince, passata, red onion, mushroom, grated carrot, oregano, red pepper and wholemeal pasta with a side salad
Half fat grated cheese on top - 1/2 HEXA

Dessert
muller light yoghurt with smashed choc orange Alpen light bar (3)

Total 3syns?

Eeek i don't think thats right...feeling confused :\ Is that enough superfree with each meal, obvs i will be putting 1/3 of the plate with the fruit/veg..

Last edited:
starkissedx said:
Day One EE Plan (04/02/12)

Breakfast
1 oatso simple original sachet - HEXB
semi skimmed milk - 1/2 HEXA
banana (superfree?)

Lunch
baked beans and scrambled eggs, with mushrooms and onions (free?)

Dinner
pasta & meatballs made with extra lean mince, passata, red onion, mushroom, grated carrot, oregano, green beans and wholemeal pasta with a side salad (all free?)
grated cheese on top - 1/2 HEXA

Dessert
muller light yoghurt (free?) with frozen fruit and smashed meringue nest (3?)

Total 3syns?

Eeek i don't think thats right...feeling confused :\ Is that enough superfree with each meal, obvs i will be putting 1/3 of the plate with the fruit/veg..

All looks good to me x

Thanks for checking, going to take a while to get used to the rules when iv been working with points and such for over 6months! :) Need to go buy a load of fruit and veg, this 1/3 superfree is what i will struggle with, admittedly im abit slack of late on fruit and veg! x

You'll get there. If you get stuck i find some dry fried asparagus with salt and pepper is a great side plate and nice and easy too xxx

Thanks hun No I lost it on Cambridge. Am just coming back to slimming world. I lost about two stone on sw a couple of years ago. The one diet I ever enjoyed and how I intend to lose the last part now. Sw fits with life I think :)

First day is going good :) had to have a late lunch as I went into town without any snacks and was starving!!! On ww before I usual ended up with some crisps or mini choc bar, but I'm feeling like I'd rather have the free foods rather than waste a silly amount of syns on crisps...I think I read on here a grab bag of monster munch is 10 syns! Lesson learnt to be more prepared and bring some fruit in my bag when on the go :)

Looking forward to dinner tonight yummm

Day One EE :]

Breakfast
1 sachet original oatso simple hexb
Semi skimmed milk 1/2 hexa
Chopped banana

Lunch
Scrambled egg made with 1 egg, baked beans, mushrooms and red onions, 1 mandarin orange

Dinner
Pasta and meatballs - wholemeal pasta, passata, oregano, red chilli, ground cumin, extra lean mince, grated carrot, red onion, red pepper, garlic, mushrooms, salad leaves, 1/2 hexb low fat grated cheese

Dessert
Muller light with smashed up Alpen lights choc and orange (3)

Snack
slice of soreen banana bread (4.5)
4g flora light (0.5)

Hexa : 1/2 semi skimmed milk, 1/2 low fat grated cheese
Hexb : sachet oatso simple original
Syns : 8syns

Really enjoyed my first day on slimming world. Ate ALOT less junk that I normally do on ww..which is good. Made a conscious effort to have 1/3 Superfree with my meals, and my dinner was jam packed with fresh veg. Can't help but be scared of over eating on carbs tho :( like my pasta tonight...although ww has helped me alot with portion control and I think that's self consciously tapped into me now! negative of today would be I need more fluids!!! Only had a litre of water and about 500mls sprite zero.....not enough!!

But for a Saturday night it is a pretty good day..considering my OH brought home this tub of pure chocolate amazingness from Sainsburys which had 17syns for mere quarter of the tub :/ eek.

Got tomorrow all planned ahead - looking forward to Sunday roast :)

Last edited:
Your food looks great. Don't be afraid of sw. Trust on the plan and it will work. Eat till you're satisfied, that's the beauty of it and what makes it sustainable x

Thankyou :) regardless of the outcome on wi on Tuesday night gonna give it another week as il have only done 3 full days on slimming world before wi..so don't think il get a loss. So il do another full week and see how I go then :)

Then I'm away for valentines....so idk how that will go eeek!

Good attitude :) where are you going for valentines? Can you get their menus in advance to look at? X

I'm from northern Ireland so OH and I are going to Dublin for the night :) can't wait!!! Nice hotel! Idk where we will be eating as yet :( is there any slimming world values for food places like the ww eating out guide? I want to have a treat but still stay on plan. Iv read some people flexi syn..what does that mean? X

Oooh how lovely.

Yep you can certainly find it for the more common eat out places - but if you stick to things that you know are similar to plan you'll be fine. Chicken, pasta etc - it'll only really be the oils that you have to think about. But if you go for things like double cheese burger obviously it will have more of an impact LOL

Flexisynning as i understand it is basically that you know you're having a night out and you're definitely going to go over your daily syn allowance of 15 so you decide that you're going to allow yourself X syns, enjoy until you reach it and then go back to plan again.

Others use their syns as a weekly allowance and count down from 105 so would do it this way.

TBH if it's just one day and you don't mind a maintain, if you're good (and i mean good) all week then you should get away with a night off - just bear in mind that if it's close to WI you might have retained some water etc.

We don't really do valentines, the service in places just drives me demented for the hiked up prices x

Rkmriddell said:
Oooh how lovely.

Yep you can certainly find it for the more common eat out places - but if you stick to things that you know are similar to plan you'll be fine. Chicken, pasta etc - it'll only really be the oils that you have to think about. But if you go for things like double cheese burger obviously it will have more of an impact LOL

Flexisynning as i understand it is basically that you know you're having a night out and you're definitely going to go over your daily syn allowance of 15 so you decide that you're going to allow yourself X syns, enjoy until you reach it and then go back to plan again.

Others use their syns as a weekly allowance and count down from 105 so would do it this way.

TBH if it's just one day and you don't mind a maintain, if you're good (and i mean good) all week then you should get away with a night off - just bear in mind that if it's close to WI you might have retained some water etc.

We don't really do valentines, the service in places just drives me demented for the hiked up prices x

Can't wait! This will be OH and I's fourth valentines together, first we stayed in a hotel in York, second few days before OH had a car crash and didn't feel like doing anything, and last year OH cooked me meal but had a huge kerfuffle when debenhams flowers didn't deliver the roses he had bought me and he didn't have anything to give me..so he felt bad ha...so this year going to Dublin and seeing a show. Should be a nice time away :)

I think il try and be sensible but also want to enjoy myself, no point not enjoying myself. Fortunately I wi on a Tuesday evening usually, so il just wi on the morning that week and I can have my meal for my post wi treat :) then get back to being good the next day!

I think once were married etc we won't make the effort as much, just we live with my parents at the mo and I can't wait to have some us time without my parents shouting round the house and the dog barking round the place ha!

Xx

Day two EE :]

Breakfast
Scrambled egg made with one egg, grilled mushrooms, baked beans, pancake (5) with a banana

Lunch
Hexb wholemeal bread with tinned tuna, chopped red onion, mandarin, kiwi and a slice of cheese for my hexa.

Dinner
Roast<3 roast skinless chicken, scoop mashed plain potato, roast butternut squash, steamed green beans and mashed swede. Yorkshire pudding (2.5), gravy (measured out 70ml (1)

Dessert
Muller light coconut yoghurt

Hexb wholemeal bread
Hexa cheese measured out
Syns 8.5
Fluids 5 pints water

Today went well, another 100% day yay :) loving this diet, I hope it works with me and I can loss on it. Tomorrow fully planned, back to Uni so taking a packed lunch of savoury rice and either chicken or prawns...

Oooh morning weigh ins are great. Watch out if you go back to evening WI though as you gain a few lbs over the course of a day :) ah I think it's lovely you celebrate it. Hubby and I never really have but like I say i just think its overpriced and shitty service lol. I'm a misery though ;) x

Back