Start SF tomorrow!

Hey vicki! Congratulations on your little darlings! I too am a new mum (Izzy is 6 weeks old today!) and I'm 4lb lighter than I was before pregnancy too lol. This is the 1st diet I have ever been on, as iv always been happy in myself before now. I think it is due to having a baby I feel everything has gone a bit south and I'd like some confidence back!! Would be kind of nice if I had a buddy on a similar journey for support so please stay in touch. :)

I'm starting slim fast today ( using the powder as they are on offer in my tesco! ) I'm just wondering, with your 600 kcal meal, would it be feasible to have a ready meal every so often? Now I know it would be better to eat fresh but sometimes this is just not possible so I opt for a tesco light choice meal - usually around 400/500kcal. Also, if anybody could suggest some options for the snacks that would be great. Wanting a lot of variety in the snacks as the rest of the time I'm going to be consuming pretty much the same thing.

Thanks everyone in advance

Em -x-

Hi Em! Congrats on your little one too, hope all is going well :)
It's fine to have a ready meal for tea!! I sometimes have one, but I always have veg with it (remember frozen is fine) you can have loads of peas to bulk it up. I also eat things like fishcakes and breaded chicken breasts with a few spuds and veg, or baked beans. You can have anything as long as it's not hugely fatty!

I think I will get a few of the readymeals in the freezer for those lazy days when I cba to cook.

Yesterday dh and the kids all had pizza, chips and garlic bread and I had quorn sausage, smash, veg and gravy!! I was quite tired so a ready meal would have been very welcome actually lol x

I nearly always use frozen veg, I use it to make soup too, actually I might make some soup later!

I think I will Stock up on frozen veg. Then it's always there as a back up if im out of fresh. I'm feeling realy positive about this (as many a nieve dieter does I suppose!) just hoping I can stick with it and get some good results. And it's nice to know if I do have a bad day, there are people here doing the same thing that are able to support u.

Thanks ladies! Shall report back in a few days and let you know how I getting on :)

-x-

I'm sure you will do great Mel and Em, the great thing about this diet is you can be flexible, so if you have a big lunch you just have a shake or small din, and you still get to snack!! Let us know how you get on!

So. Day 3 and I'm still at it with no slip ups. :) I am finding that I can't stop thinking about food tho, but I suppose it's just force of habit eating what and when u like! What's spurring me on is getting on the scales at the end of the week to see if I have lost anything! How is everyone else doing? X

Well done emily.

I am on day 4 now and am doing fine today. Day 2&3 were a bit off though!

well done Emily and Mel!! The first week is the hardest, so sounds like you're getting through it no problem :D Keep on it girls! I'm finding it REALLY hard to lose any more weight, every time I step on the scales it seems to be going up again :(

Back