Started takin Xenical today

no1gran

:D Just started today taking Xenical, I really hope it works, but I'm also on a protein drink as well.
After my hysterectomy my 3stone i lost on the Cambridge has came back on :mad:.

So far today i have had a

protein drink 2.2g fat of which 1.3g sat 111 cal

green lemon tea x2 2 cal no fat

pkt chicken 128 cal 2.0g fat which 0.6g sat fat.

Still to have 2 drinks before the day is out, plus going to have chicken breast,with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

In between that i drink at least 4 pints of water.

Last edited:
That looks extremely low in calories and nutrition! Lol. Also not too much fat at all there...is Xenical really needed?

hiya and welcome,
good luck with the xenical...theres plenty of info on here do's and donts ect..but sure you'll be fine..
nice to meet you.
sam........x

The protein drinks are full of nutrition,i have lost half a stone in a mth, which is really gd. So do i need to eat more like say wholemeal bread, porridge fruit and veg. Any advice is gd, all doctor said was not to eat to of a high fat content, as i will find out very quickly lol ( orange watery poo ). Forgot to say is I did say to my doctor I'm taking this protein drink.

Welcome to Xenical, there's a thread in this section, which I think may come of help to you 'extra help for Xenical starters' you need to check the fat content per 100grams and make sure this comes in under 5grams, also no more than 15grams of fat per meal.

my fitness pal is an excellent tool to help you count your fat and keep an eye on your calories, you need to make sure you're having enough calories, 1200 is a good place to start, also gi foods are good, as they release energy steadily and stops your blood sugar going to low.

You're eating very little and it's not good for you when you're mixing that in with Xenical, you need wholegrains, veg, fruit, low fat yoghurts, wholegrain cereals and fibre like bran flakes, porrdge oats, pulses,chicken.

Xenical will only work with fat, and there is litle point in taking it, if you're not eating. You can eat whatever you'd like with Xenical by just using lower fat alternatives.

http://www.minimins.com/xenical/229585-extra-help-xenical-starters.html

Last edited:
Welcome to Xenical, there's a thread in this section, which I think may come of help to you 'extra help for Xenical starters' you need to check the fat content per 100grams and make sure this comes in under 5grams, also no more than 15grams of fat per meal.

my fitness pal is an excellent tool to help you count your fat and keep an eye on your calories, you need to make sure you're having enough calories, 1200 is a good place to start, also gi foods are good, as they release energy steadily and stops your blood sugar going to low.

You're eating very little and it's not good for you when you're mixing that in with Xenical, you need wholegrains, veg, fruit, low fat yoghurts, wholegrain cereals and fibre like bran flakes, porrdge oats, pulses,chicken.

Xenical will only work with fat, and there is litle point in taking it, if you're not eating. You can eat whatever you'd like with Xenical by just using lower fat alternatives.

So how do i find your fitness pal ? Going out for our Anniversary an staying over on Saturday can you late me know what you think on what i thought i can have to eat.

Starter
Warm black pudding with reduction of balsamic reduction & apple chutney.

Main
Medallion Aberdeen Angus beef draped with mushroom, grain mustard cream sauce accompanied by potato and onion tower.

Sweet
Seasoned berry Pavlova with chantilly cream and a raspberry coulis.

Will also be having some red wine with my meal.

Do you think i might have a miss fortune if i ate any of these things ?
Why I'm asking as my husband and I are on a training day the next day :confused: Many thanx No1gran xx

hiya and welcome,
good luck with the xenical...theres plenty of info on here do's and donts ect..but sure you'll be fine..
nice to meet you.
sam........x

Thank you Sam i have not been on here for ages.
That was when i was on the cbd, now as you can see Im tying sumthin else :D xx

http://www.minimins.com/xenical/229585-extra-help-xenical-starters.html

I have been checking the fat contents i have been eating, and now realise not to choose anything more than 5g of fat.
Think i will have porridge with a banana in it, then i don't need to add any sugar :)
Will also have a wholemeal sandwich on cold meat and salad with a yogurt.

Does this look a lot better ?

Yep :) Don't forget your body needs a range of minerals and vitamins to stay healthy, or the chances of your weightloss journey falling apart dramatically increase. You need dairy for calcium, meats/pulses/dairy for protein, cereals for vitamins and fibre, fruit and veg for fibre and vitamins etc etc etc a healthy combination to provide you with the nutrients your body needs.

I have used protein drinks, but only ever as a supplement and not as a substitue for food. I would have up to 2 per day, one mid morning or mid afternoon as a 'snack' and one just after a workout with free-weights or the kettlebell. If you consume too much protein and don't use it (like for muscle repair/growth from strength training) it can damage your kidneys.

Just keep things varied, versatile and with a low to moderate fat consumption and you will be fine. Remember, if you don't eat enough fat your body will panic, slip into starvation and start burning muscle in order to preserve fat, so make sure you do get good quality fats in the diet, like fish and healthy cooking oils.

aesir22 said:
make sure you do get good quality fats in the diet, like fish and healthy cooking oils.

I suggest trying fish when you're going to be at home as some people have problems because the Xen can't differentiate between good & bad fats. So far I've tried tuna in an otherwise low fat meal & it was ok.

78storm said:
I suggest trying fish when you're going to be at home as some people have problems because the Xen can't differentiate between good & bad fats. So far I've tried tuna in an otherwise low fat meal & it was ok.

Thank you Storm well I had my porridge this morning with banana and half teaspoon of golden syrup was delicious . Going to have a wholemeal chicken and tomato sandwich for lunch and a strawberry corner yoghurt, what do you think ? Really don't want to go tango ?

I have been checking the fat contents i have been eating, and now realise not to choose anything more than 5g of fat.
Think i will have porridge with a banana in it, then i don't need to add any sugar :)
Will also have a wholemeal sandwich on cold meat and salad with a yogurt.

Does this look a lot better ?

Thank you Storm well I had my porridge this morning with banana and half teaspoon of golden syrup was delicious . Going to have a wholemeal chicken and tomato sandwich for lunch and a strawberry corner yoghurt, what do you think ? Really don't want to go tango ?

Hi hun...you must make sure everything is 5grams or under PER 100grams first, if you do that you'll be fine.

Fish is great for you but you do need to be careful with it, as it can react with the Xenical, mainly the oily fishes.

You could take a multi vit before you go to bed as Xenical can take essential vits away from you, if you do take one, you must take it away from the Xenical, and just before bedtime is a good time for that.

Good luck! :)
Your lunch sounds great, make sure you eat plenty though www.myfitnesspal.com sign up here and use the food diary/tracker it's excellent.

Xenical stays in your system for around 72 hours so if you want to have a special occassion out or eat something totally out of the rules, it's a good idea to stop the Xenical beforehand..

bunny_hops said:
Hi hun...you must make sure everything is 5grams or under PER 100grams first, if you do that you'll be fine.

Fish is great for you but you do need to be careful with it, as it can react with the Xenical, mainly the oily fishes.

You could take a multi vit before you go to bed as Xenical can take essential vits away from you, if you do take one, you must take it away from the Xenical, and just before bedtime is a good time for that.

Good luck! :)
Your lunch sounds great, make sure you eat plenty though www.myfitnesspal.com sign up here and use the food diary/tracker it's excellent.

Xenical stays in your system for around 72 hours so if you want to have a special occassion out or eat something totally out of the rules, it's a good idea to stop the Xenical beforehand..

Well signed up for my fitness pal I luv it. Been tracking everything. Didn't realise it was that you were talking about I have used it b4 but only got the hang of it this morning lol

Well signed up for my fitness pal I luv it. Been tracking everything. Didn't realise it was that you were talking about I have used it b4 but only got the hang of it this morning lol

It's a great little tool and it really helps you, keep on track with everything and can help you see where you could be going wrong too :)

bunny_hops said:
It's a great little tool and it really helps you, keep on track with everything and can help you see where you could be going wrong too :)
can I ask is it all fat or just saturated fat we count ? I've been counting all fat don't know if this is wright, was hoping to have steak for my dinner on Saturday nite at the restaurant but looked up what Aberdeen Angus beef was and I about feel of ma chair ?
Was getting lunch ready fir my mum cmin and her friend, was making sum egg Mayo and as you do ( usually ) when I mixed it all together I put the spoon in my mouth shock horror to ma self I soar it out and told ma self NO ur not aloud that. It was so funny, so glad I was in my self at the time or my mother might have thought I've gone bananas the way I was caring on. Well 3 rd day just about in and so far so good. Hope everyone else has been fine ? Xx

can I ask is it all fat or just saturated fat we count ? I've been counting all fat don't know if this is wright,

It's all fat that you need to count. Don't worry about automatically licking the spoon it's still a habit. Another few days and you won't even consider it!

It's the total fat that's on the label... don't look for saturated fat just totals ok hun :)

Oh that's gr8 thanks . Oh I also figured out I can bar code my food I eat it's a lot easier, well
Maybe not I just think it's cool lol

Back