Step 1 Sole Source Started today :)

J.D

Silver Member
Hiya everyone.

Just met my consultant, had the talk and chose SS. I'm 5'9 so I'm on 4 packs a day.

I have got a good mixture, 1 of every shake and soup and made up the rest with vanilla shakes, she won me over by saying I can add coffee to them lol. Oh and had 1 apple & cinnamon porridge to try because I've heard people say they are gross but we will see. Just had a vanilla shake without coffee and wow, I'm impressed! It was lovely.

So...

Starting weight 14st
Starting bmi 29.5
Starting waist 37.5
Starting hips 43.5
Starting bust 42
Starting arms 13
Starting thighs 24

So watch this space and hopefully everything will be shrinking soon :) x

Hi ya
I also started today and have pretty much done the same thing with the shakes.. Tried a few different ones and made up the rest with vanilla (also wont over by the latte thought!!)

My starting weight is 13st and I want to lose 2.5st.. How much do you want to lose?? Iv started ss+ and today had a chick n mish soup (gross!) a vanilla shake and one left to have.. I might attempt a choc mint one!!!

Anyway keep me posted with your weight loss!! Good luck!! X

Hello

I'm on day 6, have you done cambridge diet before?

Personally, I love the apple & cinammon porridge! Hope you like it. The chocolate mint one is also a favourite :D

Good luck with your weight loss journey xx

Hey there,

I started a week ago and I also did what you did. I did notice that I'm not a fan of the soup and the porridge. I take the vanilla and butterscotch shakes warm and it reminds me of custard ^^ Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Haven't tried the porridge yet.. That's tomorrow's adventure!!! I must say I'm not looking forward to it!!

I have done cd before about 6 yrs ago and I lost 2-3 stone then but then I got pregnant so I put about 5 stone on and never seemed to shift the last 2 stone so hopefully I will now!

Have u done it before?? X

Thanks for the replies. With being 5'9 I only want to be about 11ish 12st, that will give me a healthy bmi. So about 2-2 And a half stone to lose. I lost 4 stone on slimmingworld but needed a drastic change to shift the last half a stone (I got down to 12.7st) but put 1.7st back on lately :( And... Guess where I work part time? Only in a bloody fish&chip shop :( temptation!! Been murder tonight but got through a 5 hour shift without picking at anything lol, even bought my other half food back to eat. Today I've had vanilla shake for breakfast, chicken and mushroom soup for dinner, had a vanilla shake with coffee mixed in before work and a chocolate shake with coffee mixed in when I got home. I've drank 4 pints if water at home, 2 little bottles at work and bought a pint to bed with me. I've never done this diet before no, first time at this. I did asdas measure up diet for a bit but they were gross and made me nearly faint one day.

Ruby I'm on the depo injection at the moment and I won't be going for my next one as we have decided to try for a baby when it's worn off, hoping the weight loss will help it get out of my system quicker. My partner is 30 and has no children so the sooner the better lol... Not looking forward to putting weight back on but I'm glad there's diets out there that really do work :)

Anyhow, day 1 complete, no cheating and I'm in bed :) oh and also I've had tonsillitis since Yesterday but it hasn't put me off starting the diet luckily.

Night folks :) x

Morning!!
OMG how do you resist temptation working in the fish shop!! You deserve a medal for every shift youdo!

SO day 2 begins.. i have a feeling today is going to be HARD!! But lets think positive! It will be fine... as easy as yesturday!! Drinks lots of water to fill ourselves up!! xx

Just have good will power when I knuckle down I guess lol. My main habit was dipping a red hot fresh chip into lots of salt, not good lol that's the hardest thing to resist but I did it :) day two for me too, tonsillitis is so painful today :( that and pee'ing has had me up all night x

Oh no! I only got up once in the night and that was because my 3 year old woke me up and then i needed to go!!

Have you got antibiotics for your tonisls?? Hope you get better soon...

What soups/shakes are you going to have today?? x

I've had it for 3 days now, can't get in my dr's. on hold for 10 mins this morning before they cut me off, by the time i get through, there's no appointments left :( will have to try the walk in centre. I did want to talk about having them out though as i'm constantly on antibiotics.. In the past month or so i've had tonsillitis, ear infection, ears syringed, water infection, kidney infection, water infection and tonsillitis again! I think i'm now immune to antibiotics lol...

My 3 year old also woke me up to pee too lol, then i rushed her off the loo so I could go ''/

I had Choc & Mint shake for breakfast this morning before the school run, it was nice! I'm whisking mine with a hand whisk at the moment which is leaving them a bit lumpy though :( My blender has got a big crack in the bottom of it so really need to buy a new one, or a hand blender. How are you mixing yours?

It's nice we have started on the same day and have roughly about the same amount of weight to lose :) I can't wait to start seeing results x

yep im using a hand blender...! I have actually made a porridge for brekky - i must say the smell is not good.. and the tatse, hang on...... Is NOT GOOD either!!! UGH it tastes like cardboard - im tryng the maple and pecan one.. have you tried any porridge yet? hmmm I may have to swap these porridges if my councillor lets me!

OH no, thats bad about your doctors.. althoug i must say my doctors is similar.. i hate the receptionists thay are so nosey and want to know why i want an appointment ect, i end up being quite rude to them!!! I suffered alot with my tonsils when i was younger and also had glandular fever but they still didnt let me have mine taken out!!

did you say you were doing SS+? WHat are you going to have for your meal today?? I cant stop thinking about the little measly meal at the end of the day!! haha x

i'm doing just SS, but because i'm quite tall 5'9 i'm allowed 4 packs a day... no meal for me lol but I understand your excitement, I had a dream last night I was chewing food, only one day in haha... I do love my food but this needs to be done.

I only purchased one porridge which is the apple and cinnamon i think, I haven't tried it yet, I might brave it later lol. My consultant said if I return a flavour I don't like in it's original condition she can swap it for something I like. I've not found any I don't like yet though. The chicken and mushroom soup tasted like pot noodle, without the noodle lol, but drinking the liquid at the end was always my favourite part :) She told me i'm allowed to add salt & pepper to the soups along with any dried herbs/spices, as long as it's dried form... I haven't needed to yet.

Do you drink coffee and have you tried adding it to a vanilla shake yet? I think that was my favourite. Creamy coffee flavoured shake, yum! x

I'm on the vanilla and coffee now! It's nice but I have watered it down quite a bit as the vanilla is a bit strong for me!! Xx

I split my vanilla in half today to make 2 coffee drinks instead of drinking it in one go lol.. Only one pack left now before I go to bed, eek... Really need a blender though, the lumps ain't too good lol x

Haha yes defo get a new blender!! Tastes so mich better lump free!!

I'm struggling tonhave my three shakes! But tonight I'm going to have a choc one... Hot maybe!! X

Hi jd did u try the apple and cinamon porridge? That's actually the only one I like! Whens ur weigh in?

I was just about to start a thread called "I must be a freak" coz I'm currently eating apple and cinnamon porridge and I love it. Not heard anyone say good things about porridge til now so we can be freaks together lol!! Deffo ordering more of these, I only ordered this 1 this week because people said it was gross lol. Yay, I can eat it with a spoon lol x

My weigh in is Wed morning at 9.45 ish x

LOL jd I know yes freak sisters indeed! Tell u one more thing to freak u out I too am ex slimming world and gained 2 st after it! Aannnddd my weigh in is on a Wed too!

Lol freakyyyy!!! I could murder being on Sw right now I just want loads of food, I'm feeling really poorly with my throat and sorry for myself. Just nodded off and woke up choking because of my tonsils :( won't give up though I'll plod on lol x

Back