started today

lol best not have any of that then

to right PMA !!!!
and as the pervy doc from lighter life so rightly said ... if you dont keep going forwards , what are you going back to ???? my mainstay statement , still on the fridge 2 years later :0)

lol i could blame the dog if i had too

RE diabetic chocolate, i looked in boots today at some and it had huge amounts of carbs in it???
you need to subtract the polyols and malitol (sure its malitol )? they have no impact on blood sugar , ive had some thorntons diabetic toffe today and im in ketosis afer only 2 days on the plan !

OMG that is sooooooo good to know!!! so i can have the diabetic choc then??? How much, the whole bar? or 2? Or 10!!!!!!!

xxxxxx

i need to get some of those ketostix cant get them in my local boots super drug dont have then, the woman in tesco looked at me like id asked for drugs so ill get them from the net like some closet druggie lol im going to have to wait till i move house next wk or il miss them in the post

will that be 2or 3 pieces not bars lol

OMG that is sooooooo good to know!!! so i can have the diabetic choc then??? How much, the whole bar? or 2? Or 10!!!!!!!

xxxxxx
lol my kind of lady :0)
id go steady , lets just say hubbie is away and thats a really good thing after just 25 grams of the toffee , evry ones different i guess , ive never gone out of ketosis with these products in the past but god i do stink sometimes :eek: ... but you know what jules i have no pets and no hubby 6 months of the year so i can stink in peace .(although my 3 yr old keeps sniffing and asking what that smell is LOL kids :0)

Did u try your local chemist sharon? I got the same reaction in boots when i asked for them, the sales assistant looked mortified!!!

bet you blame the 3yr old if any one pops round lol

Hahahahahahaha! my oh is in the navy so aint here half the time, the kids are just used to me stinking anyway!!! ( veg just doesnt agree with me) So they have a rather unpleasant effect on your bowels then?

xx

yeah can do , its the polyols apparantly it has a laxative effect , dont know about that i just stink :)) mind it could be the veg too.
same boat (so to speak with oh .mines on cruise ships)

Oh yes! I've just had a couple of Thorntons diabetic mint truffles. Absolutely to die for but my tummy is gurgling a bit now!

A guy I used to know on another lc forum years ago used to have in his signature "polyols - they melt in your mouth and explode in the pan".

Jules, you count the "net" carbs i.e. the total carbs minus the polyols (they are put separately on the nutritional info) so a bar of Thorntons diabetic chocolate has (from memory) 50-odd grams of carbs, but only 7.5g are counted. That's still a lot for induction but I usually have a bar over three days so 2.5g a day.

Some people find they make them stall but I've only ever had a problem if I eat too much of them.

Ha well i think a trip to thortons is in order, tell u what this diet is costing a fortune!!! Tought £38 per week for the shakes on cambridge was expensive but i bet im spending a heck of a lot more on meat alone!!! Saying that im just loving all the delicious foods im now eating

xxx

Well the atkins bars arent much more than that karenlou and u can have the whole bar!!! Must admit they arent like 'real' chocolate though

xxx

yes they still have them but there called day break bars now love them could eat a box in one go lol

Back