Started work and lunches

peggypig

Silver Member
Ive started temping at a solicitors for 2 days a week. Its been a bit difficult getting lunch there is all the usual Boots Marks etc.

I wanted to do a Green day yesterday so walked a fair way to the market there is a stall that does Chinese food I thought I would get a portion of stir fried noodles so I asked the lady are they cooked in oil she said they are soaked in oil and water and then fried in oil,needless to say I declined ended up in Marks got a plain salad and fruit.

How can you soak food in oil? Its gross what chance have you got with practices like this.

It is because of this I simply make my own. I then have full control. I plan well in advance and it doesn't have to be dull, boring or cold.

How can you soak food in oil? Its gross what chance have you got with practices like this.

It was probably their traditional way of preparing the noodles. They might think our way of preparing food is "gross"!

If you have a M&S near you then there are loads of choices of salads and prepared vegetables. When I worked in London I used to pick up my lunch from the M&S in Paddington Station and was spoilt for choice.

pennypig - I love your avatar!! :D:D

I always make my own lunches. I'm not sure how people can afford to buy a salad every day when it costs pence to make. :confused:

I know what you mean I had salad stuff in the house I think some of it was laziness and not being organised too.

Thanks I got the pic from funny picture website.:D

Back