Startin Paul Mckenna, someone please tell me it works:)

Mmmm, think it depends on how open your mind is to this kind of thing, I've tried hypnosis before and it just did'nt work for me,money down the drain really, Hope you have better luck, I know a lot of people do.

Hi everyone!
So glad to see this thread, Ive battled with diets for too long, lost some with cambridge but can't do it anymore, always end up bingeing and hating myself. Ive bought the book, cd and journal and chucked my scales into the shed (took some guts lol!) and started today, hopefully we an support each other on here and would love to hear how things are working for you guys?

wow - well done on ditching the scales, I think that was a major mistake on my part - I was feeling great, slimmer and more in control and then I weighed myself, I had lost 6 lbs and although that is brilliant - weiging myself always has a negative impact on my eating, whether the result is good or bad - I dont know why really, so Im going to go upstairs right now and ditch the battery out of mine.

Have you taken that battery out yet? annie?

I have not weighed myself in over two weeks but nor have I been following the rules or listening to the cd for the last 10 days as i was in cornwall on holiday. Today I am back to listening to the cd and tomorrow will start my 90 day journal. I have been eating SW meals since getting back from my holiday but all meals I love and stopping when full, I just find if i don't plan proper meals i never fancy anything at meal times except sweet stuff, cheese and peanut butter.

Don't be sad you just overate it mustn't define who you are.I read this just now from beyond chocolate thier tweet of the week, [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Overeating is just one of the many things I do. It is not who I am. It doesn't make we weak or disgusting and I am not ashamed.
And you?
[/FONT]

Hi Reena, I have used the cd for the effect of helping me to cope with eating less and now find that I cannot eat anything more once I feel even slightly full. I was having my meal last night and got down to the last brussel sprout and just couldn't eat it. Only a few months ago I would have continued till I felt I was bursting.
I also find that it helps me to get to sleep - I know that's not the intention of it - but as P McK says, it doesn't matter as the message is still impressed on you mind.
Would like to get into the "tapping" thing as that is very beneficial too. My daughter says she uses it very successfully when she gets stressed at work - goes off to the loos and does a quick tapping bit.
Will be interested to know how you get on.:)

I lost over 80lbs following Paul McKennas regime a couple of years ago. Over time I got complacent and put some back on but not all of it. Usually when I have lost weight I have put back more than I lost!
I am back into it again now and feeling pretty good. For me it has been one of the easiest ways to lose weight.

This is definitely the easiest "diet" I have followed!! Find the weight loss slow though, maybe I am eating "what i want" too often!! Not too bothered as a loss is a loss!!

i have both paul mc kenna and glen harold hypnosis cds[as i am selfish and overspend]

i am planning on starting some sort of a diet[don't know which yet] after christmas and was thinking of using a hynosis cd as well[to try and improve my willpower]

which one would you use.

sorry

Hi, I have started on the Paul Mckenna system on Boxing Day and so far so good. Am only eating when i am truly hungry and am ealing so much slower- although at the moment I do feel a little stupid eating so slow- but im sure it will get the point where im not thinking about it. It would be good to hear from others that are following this system. x

Im giving Pauls system another go. I started yesterday and I want to lose 30 lbs in 3 months - ambitious for me but he does say just go for it so i am!! I am for the moment just really focusing on the 4 golden rules.

yes i am thinking of looking into it..but think i will need to combine it with some other plan like ww.

the thing is i get confused on the eat what you want bit. what are the rules in relation to that

if i remember the plan is based on
1: eat only when you are hungry
2: you must stop as soon as you are satisfied the food tastes less enjoyable
3: you must leave something on you plate
4: you must eat what you want

to me eating what i want and not eating healthy foods[veg] that i don't like and being greedy are what have me being overweight

happy new year

Last edited:
Im finding this very difficult to stick to :( maybe I need to do a diet to lose some weight and then work on intuitive eating

i am greedy. i tend to think if i follow eat what i want rule i will fail as it is eating what i want that has be heavy...however i do think the leaving portions behind and stopping when full are good

I have to agree, im struggling with sticking to it. Am going to join slimming world this week, but use Paul Mckennas principals of eating when im hungry, slower etc. Will see how i get on.

I personally wouldn't give up just yet, and I really wouldn't recommend using another weight loss plan. Paul McKenna does work you just need to stick to the golden rules.

NOTHING is forbidden so just wait until you are hungry and eat it then!

I've returned to my scales having gained a few lb over Xmas as I didn't really think of Paul for about a month but now I'm back to it I can see that I'm eating much faster than I should and I'm leaving it far too long to eat or the other way I'm eating things cos I want them not cos i need them.

It always takes me about a week to sort myself out again and get to the right frame if mind!

2011 is our year!!

yes i understand that Paul Mc Kenna would clash with other diets

my worry with Paul Mc Kenna is if i was to follow the eat what i want rule it would make me worse. as being greedy and eating too much of my favourite junk foods is what has me heavy

i do agree only eating if hungry, leaving food behind and stopping as soon as your satisfied are good habits though

think i will look at Paul Mc Kenna if I ever manage to lose weight to help me maintain it

Back