Startin Paul Mckenna, someone please tell me it works:)

Hi Jules,
yes, I believe it works! I go along to Slimming World classes as well but I think that P.McK. is more important to me at the moment. I have CD's DVD's and book. I am starting to fill in the journal from tomorrow. First week on it and I lost 3.5 lbs so yes, it works for me.
I have to remember to put my knife and fork down between bites and I have to force myself to leave something on my plate (my husband is a chef) so I am always the last to finish and feel a bit self conscious but I have started to feel full at last. I could never listen to people who said they felt stuffed but I did feel that way after a normal sized lunch today and have told myself to eat less tomorrow.
Good luck.

Kathy X

Hi Aly,
yes, it gives you a different outlook regarding food....and believe me, I needed one.
After reading your message I am going to listen to my CD's tonight (have them on my mp3 player by my bed) so will have to go to bed a little earlier.
Still finding it difficult to avoid the scales so I think I will move them out of the bathroom.
Am going to start filling in my P.McKenna journal tomorrow.

good luck
Kathy X

Hi Hailz,
am feeling more confident about leaving food on my plate now. Am not getting cravings nearly so much and am happy not to snack between meals.
Glad to hear it is working for you as well. Need to do the visualisation tasks a bit more and I often fall asleep listening to the CD's but am just happy that I am not obsessing over food!
Kathy X

Not sure if anyone else is having any success - or maybe they are just not posting - or perhaps they are posting somewhere and I haven't found the right place!
Anyway, I went to my weigh in last week and found I had lost another 2.5 lbs so am really happy.
Have been snacking a bit more (maybe I am getting overconfident - so I need to go back to the book and read some more) but am not getting weighed constantly now.
Would recommend P.McK if anyone is thinking of trying it.

Hi all, I'm glad I found this thread as I've started the Paul McKenna system today after not being able to stick to any other diet. If anyone wants to buddy up please message me - I have a long way to go!

Julie x

well done Jerricebenton. That is a fantastic weight loss and just goes to show that Paul McKenna's method works!
I still find it difficult to leave food on my plate - but definitely finding it easier to refuse treats. I need to read through the book again.
Julie, I hope you are finding success with P. McK. Good luck.

I've been following pmk for a few weeks now, first 2 weeks went really well, lost a little weight, have only 7-10lb to go so its coming off really slowly but something is better than nothing right. Unfortunately my little boys have been unwell so i havent been able to focus on my eating as much as i should be.
I have to say since starting i've been using pmk's visualisation and motivation techinques and i'm definately a lot more active, in fact i took up running 2 weeks ago and i'm loving it. I actually think i'm toning up more and possibly gaining some muscle so i'm really trying not to let the scales rule me at the moment - bit of a battle tho as i've always used scales rather than how i'm feeling and how clothes are fitting to measure my success.
Good to see more new people here. Now my little uns are better i hope to get on here a bit more to keep me motivated and inspired.

Hi all just want to introduce myself as I am starting this hopefully tomorrow (aslong as my cds arrive today!)
I have read peoples results with this and really want to give it a go as from what I can see it is the only eating plan that lets you eat "normally" all the time with nothing banned or seen as bad or syns!

I had a cooked breakfast in the cafe this morning and thought I would give it a go from the tips I had read.

I ordered a smaller breakfast than normal, ate slowly and put my knife and fork down between mouthfuls and ate my fav bits first instead of leaving them till last as I usually do meaning I eat the whole plateful.
I felt full quite quickly and managed to leave about 1/4 of the food (should have been more but I had about 2 or 3 mouthfuls more than I should have as it was nice :rolleyes:) I felt incredibly full, infact too full still so need to listen more lol, I couldnt believe it as I wouldnormally wolf down twice that amount and then have something else :eek::eek:

I really hope this can work for me and am determined to give it a really good try, Im not gonna weigh very often (maybe once or twice a month) and just enjoy eating food and not worrying about cals, points or syns as they have ruled my life for longer than I can remember!!

Back