Step 1 Sole Source Starting 20th May

Thanks both my Cambridge consultant took measurements i just wanted pics to spur me on

Hello, I'm starting SS+ today, and have just joined the forum, so wanted to say hi. Good luck with your weight loss. I'm feeling a bit nervous but motivated and positive so far.

Well done on having your picture done...I also have had two done in my swimsuit that I had on last year that I almost split getting into it for the picture. I went one step further, not recommended, and took a video of myself so I turned and revealed every angle...no more living in denial after that trauma. That costume had better look spectacular by my holiday in August!

I'm on day 3 but I'm struggling a little, watching the clock to judge when I can have a shake and my ovaries are really playing me up! I'll be okay and know I'll get through today but think I'd better get some painkillers or it may lower my resistence!

Lovin the swimsuit idea im also on day 3 got the headache from hell having major carb withdrawals but still 100% on it so drinking lots more water

Oh and I'm watching happy valley too cos everyone in work been harkin on about it so thought i would see what all the fuss was about :) hope u all being good still day 3 almost done bring on day 4 :)

Hi there! I started SS+ today and have had two shakes so far: banana (yum) and vanilla (meh).

Having a few hunger pangs, but nothing I can't deal with so far. I'm really struggling to drink enough water though, and realising I drink very little usually. Would be less of an issue if it was wine. :D

I probably took in about 60% of what my consultant told me yesterday because I was strangely nervous, so was almost jumping for joy this morning when I read the book and realised I could still have black coffee. I would struggle to start my day without it!

No headaches yet, but my eyes feel tired so I doubt it will be long.

Well done everyone who is managing to get through the first few days without slipping. It's so hard! I keep almost putting things in my mouth and then remembering (oo-er!). Not because I'm hungry, but because I still have to cook for the kids, and I would usually taste things to make sure they're ok as I cook them. I had to ask my son to come and be my guinea pig.

I'm supposed to be having a 200 calorie meal this evening - I've been really lame and bought a 'protein pot' (2 eggs and a bit of spinach) from Pret, but I can't afford to do that on a regular basis, so I'd better stock up on tuna.

Oops, rambling. What I meant to say was just 'hello!'. :wave_cry:

Hi auburn welcome and good luck to you also I'm taking it u doing SS+ then im just doing sole source for now 12 weeks without food done it before I can do it again just need to keep my motivation about my hols :) good luck on your journey im just having my third shake now choc mint its my fav love it hot or cold

Yes, SS+. I was originally intending to do SS, but my consultant suggested this because of some medication I'm on, so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm planning to do 12 weeks too, then use the step up week to think about whether I want to carry on, or move up through the steps and try to maintain the weight I've got to.

It feels easier knowing there's a definite end date to it! Good luck to you too!

Day 4 - headaches have gone so far this morning which is always a plus :) looking forward to my wi Monday night although my counsellor then away for 2 weeks so no wi until then and I will not weigh myself at home otherwise I will start obsessing about it
Good luck to all today here is to another 100% smash it out the park day

Hurray, well done!

Day 2 for me. Aiming for 100% all week but I know the weekend is going to be tough.

Have a good day!

Well done so far everyone!

I'm on Day 4, although technical day 3 as I did three shakes of a different project on Tuesday, so officially day 3 but I'm classing it as day 4!

I am weighing myself every day, got into a habit of that when a Weight Loss Doctor recommended I do it so it lessens any impact at the weekly weigh-in...so far I'm doing REALLY well, so looking forward to the 'official' weigh-in on Wednesday. I haven't had the headaches yet, mine normally kick in on day 4 and 5. I'm doing ss+ as I need milk in tea and coffee...but on Saturday I'm going to have a small meal as I'm out for lunch with friends where I'll take a bar but with other friends on Saturday evening the meal they have planned (i'll not write it down here) is my favourite so I'm going to do the small SS+ meal and give up the milk, just to give me something to eat so I don't cave by the evening. Once I have my first weigh in I'm going to stop counting the days and just on the weeks so I'm not concentrating on how long I've done...just the first goal of 1st July...if I keep on plan I'll smash that goal :)

Had a chocolate shake, going to have a lemon bar now with a cup of coffee, cappucino around 5pm and then probably microwave a chocolate shake in the evening...anyone tried the rice pudding, i think I'm going to mix my varieties up next week x

Mmmm, lemon bar...mmm rice pudding...

Oh sorry, feeling so hungry just at the moment! I found myself fantasising about apples earlier. :giggle:

Rice pudding ??? What's that I am home from work now nice 3 day weekend and wi for first time this time on Monday evening at 6:30 weekend gonna be tough but I'm gonna do it big time I am so determined :) have a fab weekend everyone and remember the more u drink the more u shrink :)

I've got a rice pudding but haven't tried it yet. Saving it for the weekend. :) You have a fab one too!

Day 5 - Well still no burst of energy and still cold but still 100% on it quite happy been to my sisters today and normally i would have sweets and stuff and instead i had a big litre bottle of water so happy about that i haven't told them all this time I'm back on it as i don't want to see the "oh here we go again look" so will wait to see when they notice my weight loss only really see them at weekends so not like they will see me every day not eating hope the rest of the weekend goes as good something has clicked this time 12 weeks till holiday i will not be this big really want to reach my mini target of 3st. Still lots to go after that but one step at a time for me.
My son is sat here next to me eating pop tarts anyone else have an obsession with smelling food i always do this before i give them their tea makes me crave it less in a weird sort of way :) stay focused all remember you're not hungry u just think you are

Hurray for being at day 5 and still 100%. :clap:

Breaking routines like having sweets at your sister's is pretty tough, I think. I know my family will question why I'm not eating. I might have to invent a stomach upset, or a hangover. :eek:

Day 3 here and struggling. I feel hungry, grumpy and most annoyingly, really fat!! :grumble:

I just keep telling myself I've been through WAY worse than this, so it should be a piece of cake.

Oh god....cake...

Keep at it auburn have u took a before photo just take a look at that ever now and again to spur u on x we can do this

I haven't actually. I should do that. I hate photos of myself, but that's kind of the point of the 'before' photo, I suppose!

I tried the rice pudding and it was ok, although very sweet. I've got indigestion now though - what's *that* all about?!! :sign0137:

Day 6 - feelin ok today although all the smells of food today in my house from my lads and my fella are making me feel hungry, went shopping today for clothes for kids for holidays. Seen some nice clothes for mine but really don't want to buy anything yet as until nearer the time so i can buy smaller size. 12 weeks today till my holiday which means 11weeks 6 days to do SS 100% until then and lose as much as i possibly can have my 2 week break come back and then smash it till I'm done once and for all
Have a lovely sunday all and a happy BH weekend :) x

Well first WI and i have lost a mahoosive 14lbs a stone a bloody stone so happy im beaming from ear to ear :)

Back